• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX maintenance & repair work mat / rear deck & fender cover

Status
Not open for further replies.
NSX Shop Mat - Rear Deck & Fender cover

NSX maintenance & repair work mat / rear deck & fender cover

BRAND NEW...never used!

Excellent protection for the NSX rear fenders & back deck area anytime work is being done on your car.

T
ailor made especially for the Acura / Honda NSX...1991 through 2005. Covers and protects much better than universal fitting fender covers or work mats..and far out lasts those soft, thin vinyl foam ones.

Durable outer vinyl and special textured rubber backing that prevents slipping, sliding, or bunching while protecting your car body and paint work...with thick insulating material sandwiched in between for cushion.

Even if you don't work on your own NSX, get one for when you take your car in. That way you don't have to worry about the repair shop throwing some grimy blanket over the pristine paint while working on your car.

The original ones that were sold through Acura or Honda dealerships are no longer available...EVERY dealership has been confirmed as sold out!

These are made by the same company and from the exact same material as the originals.

These are now a Top Speed EXCLUSIVE!

$190.00: shipped anywhere in the continental (48 states) US...please contact for overseas rates.

$175.00: "Cash & carry" price for local pick-up ONLY in the Dallas / Ft. Worth area (Addison). Price does not include sales tax (if applicable).

Call George at 972.233.0888 or 214.629.1299 for questions or to make purchase arrangements.

Attachments

• IMG3232.jpg
    IMG3232.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 732
  • IMG3237.jpg
    IMG3237.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 646
  • $T2eC16J,!y8E9s2figVTBRS3B4,cDQ~~60_3.jpg
    $T2eC16J,!y8E9s2figVTBRS3B4,cDQ~~60_3.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 578
  • IMG3236.jpg
    IMG3236.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 535
  • IMG3238.jpg
    IMG3238.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 482
Last edited:
Bought one a few weeks ago. Excellent product, and very helpful when wrenching on car. Only thing I can note is I had to cut a different antenna hole. No biggie, and mat works flawlessly.

So the original antenna hole was cut in the wrong place?

Excellent mat, love this thing and it gotten some use., but yes I had to cut a new hole for the antenna. See pic. below. Was not a big deal, but thought it was worth mentioning.
workmat001_zpsd3cf86e0.jpg

Very cool, exactly what i need. ill be picking one up soon.

:) Call us anytime!

Big fan, will this be a standing price?

Thanks..and yes.

Bought one a few weeks ago. Excellent product, and very helpful when wrenching on car. Only thing I can note is I had to cut a different antenna hole. No biggie, and mat works flawlessly.

Thank You!

Sorry if the hole was "off".

So the original antenna hole was cut in the wrong place?

Apparently so...

Excellent mat, love this thing and it gotten some use., but yes I had to cut a new hole for the antenna. See pic. below. Was not a big deal, but thought it was worth mentioning.

The pattern must have been bumped, but thank you for letting us know so we can make the proper adjustments.

How's the material to the touch? Inner/Under side.

See attached pictures. As mentioned, these are made by the same company and from the EXACT same composition material as the original covers were that were made for Honda / Acura...as sold through the dealership.

The backing is a soft, yet very durable rubber that will grip and not scratch.

Attachments

• $T2eC16R,!zEE9s3!((3,BRS34v0Rc!~~60_3.jpg
    $T2eC16R,!zEE9s3!((3,BRS34v0Rc!~~60_3.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 379
Last edited:
Any ETA on getting this fixed?

Not yet.

- - - Updated - - -

O.K., open opinion question...for our future production batches, regarding the antenna hole:

Should we make these covers with no hole at all, so each could cut their own exactly how and where they want it?

or

Should we just have the mat have a slit for the antenna to poke through?

or

Should we get the hole placement put back where it should be...and hope the pattern cutter doesn't get knocked out of adjustment again?

I'm thinking no hole, but would love the feedback...

Last edited:
Not yet.

- - - Updated - - -

O.K., open opinion question...for our future production batches, regarding the antenna hole:

Should we make these covers with no hole at all, so each could cut their own exactly how and where they want it?

or

Should we just have the mat have a slit for the antenna to poke through?

or

Should we get the hole placement put back where it should be...and hope the pattern cutter doesn't get knocked out of adjustment again?

I'm thinking no hole, but would love the feedback...

I'd like to see the hole in the same exact location original mat has it.

Problem solved.

We'll do it without a hole...cut a slit for those that want it that way, and I will PERSONALLY cut a hole EXACTLY where the original one was if I have to, for those that prefer it that way.
(For the record, the hole was exactly as the original...the pattern must have just gotten bumped.)

Then again, these ARE 100% ORIGINAL...same pattern, same material, made exactly the same way...

...now they're just a different color and available through Top Speed instead of the Acura dealership. :)

Last edited:
We still have a few available...call George at 972.233.0888 for questions or to place your order.

New info (actually just an over-looked observation) and "defect" SALE!

While using on of the mats the other day, I noticed that the hole seemed to line up better than the picture in post #6 shows...then it hit me. The picture in post #6 shows the mat "pulled" too far back towards the rear of the car...not the intended fit. Compare that picture to pic #1 or 2 or especially #4 in the original post. You can see that the trailing edge of the mat is not supposed to hang over the edge to the point that it actually flows over the rear edge. It's supposed to kind of just cover the rear edge, just not so much that it droops downward.

When the mat is properly placed in position, the antenna hole is literally at the hole...just off my a slim margin (you can see the antenna in pic #4 of the first post)...not 2-3 inches away.

I hope this observation clears up some mis-perceptions that these are all misaligned.

That being said, I'm willing to discount the remaining mats I have in stock to $150 each plus $15 shipping (within the continental / 48 states US only...contact me for overseas shipping cost) if not picked up in person. This sale is just to move this batch out. After these are gone, the price goes back to normal ($190 shipped / $175 cash & carry).

When this batch is gone, the future batches will be made without a hole or slit of any kind. That way, each owner can cut it where they want it...depending how & where they choose to sit the mat on their car.

E-mail me at [email protected] (first come, first served)

Thanks!

Last edited:
SOLD OUT...Thank you!

I will post when the next production run of mats is completed...

More coming soon! Another production batch will be finished soon... (estimated two weeks)

This time, WITHOUT antenna holes!

You can cut your own hole, or slit, wherever you want it...or not at all if your OEM power antenna is fully retracted. :)

First come, first served.

THEY'RE HERE!!!

The new batch of work mats now have NO ANTENNA HOLE at all!

Cut your own hole (or slit) to poke the antenna through where YOU want it...or not at all.

:)

a Top Speed Auto EXCLUSIVE!

$190.00: shipped anywhere in the continental (48 states) US...please contact for overseas rates.

$175.00: "Cash & Carry" price - for local pick-up ONLY in the Dallas / Ft. Worth area (Addison).
Price does not include sales tax.

Call George at 972.233.0888 or 214.629.1299 for questions or to make purchase arrangements.

Attachments

• IMG3854.jpg
    IMG3854.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 313
Last edited:
Mats are available (upon request) with optional NSX decal:

Modeling the goods. :)

Attachments

• IMG3865.jpg
    IMG3865.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 372
We have a new production batch ready to go!

Now on SALE for $170 with free shipping within the continental US!

Top Speed logo or NSX logo...your choice...specify when ordering.

Call George at 972.233.0888

Hey George! I'll take one with a NSX logo please! Ok if I just swing by the shop sometime this week or would you prefer me to place an order? Any sale price for local pickup?

Thanks!

Fresh production batch just completed! Again, WITHOUT the antenna hole!

This way you can cut your own hole, or slit, wherever you want it...or not at all if your OEM power antenna is fully retracted.

Now on SALE for $170 with free shipping (within the continental US...contact us for out-of-US / overseas shipping cost).

"Top Speed PRO-1" logo or "NSX" logo...your choice
(please specify which logo or no logo when ordering).

George at Top Speed

New batch in hand...always a great help during those winter projects!

GOOD NEWS: We now offer three logo choices: "Top Speed PRO-1" logo, "NSX" logo, or NEW "NSX-R" logo!...your choice (please specify which logo or no logo when ordering).

MORE GOOD NEWS: We JUST got a fresh batch of these in stock and available for immediate shipping!!!.

And...STILL on SALE for $160.00 with free shipping!
(Free shipping only applies to within the continental US...contact us for Alaska, Hawaii, and out-of-US / overseas shipping cost).

[email protected]

Attachments

• IMG3863.jpg
    IMG3863.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 289
  • IMG3860.jpg
    IMG3860.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 278
  • IMG1181.jpg
    IMG1181.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 257
  • IMG3854.jpg