• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX Mechanic in Scottsdale/Phoenix

Hello,

Hello, I'm a relative newcomer to the valley and a NSX owner again after 2 years without one. I just bought a 99 silver/blk beautiful comptech (supercharger, intake, header, exhaust) with 22,000 miles from a great guy in Denver this weekend. I had it inspected by the local NSX mechanic and it checked out perfectly, he just changed the oil and flushed the fluids and said it was great and ready to go. So I flew up Friday ready for the adventure.

About a couple of hours after I got it home from the 900 mile drive yesterday I noticed a significant (several ounces) oil patch below the engine on the garage floor. The dipstick reads just below the first dot so it is definitely very low (starting to panic about now!). I ran fine all the way home but I noticed at constant cruise the oil pressure read very close to 8, that seemed high to me but I couldn't recall what's normal anyway. There is no vibration, no warning light, it seems to run fine - I hope everything is OK. I really believe since everthing was fine before, it must have something to do with the oil change done before the trip.:mad:

Anyway the point of all this is to get a recomendation on NSX techs in the area. Is Acura of North Scottsdale decent or should I get it to S.O.S or Mark Basch if he's still around. I want to have somebody check it out so I can sleep at night!

Thanks, sorry for the long sob tale. Looking forward to meeting you guys down here.

Ray

Couldn't agree more! You picked a great city to live in as an NSX owner. :)

Mark Basch:
Basch Accurate Service
1721 W 10th Place 4B
Tempe Az, 85281
480 968 8010

Chris Willson:
Science of Speed
2102 East 5th Street
Tempe, AZ 85281
480-894-6277

Best of luck and keep us posted!

Thanks for the info.

Mark Basch:
Basch Accurate Service
1721 W 10th Place 4B
Tempe Az, 85281
480 968 8010

Quick question for ya'll.

I want to go to college at ASU.

Are there a lot of car meets in this area?

Autocross?

SCCA?

Nice roads?

Are the laws strict in this state.

How long of a drive to vegas.

Thanks.

Quick question(s) for ya'll.

I want to go to college at ASU.
Are there a lot of car meets in this area?
Autocross?
SCCA?
Nice roads?
Are the laws strict in this state.
How long of a drive to vegas.
This actually might get moved to its own thread, but here goes.

1) ASU seems like a great school.
2) The Phoenix NSXers usually get together at least once a month for drives and there's also a weekly informal meet at the Pavilions car show.
3-4) Not sure about Autocross or SCCA but I'm pretty sure there are track groups with access to Firebird raceway which has a great road course to enhance your skills and stretch your legs.
5) I've only been here a little over 4 years and the roads have gotten much better since I moved here. There are some great countryside drives to various parts of Arizona.
6) Not sure what you mean, but laws are laws and if broken - have consequences. There are red-light running cameras and speed trap cameras, smog check is a pretty big deal, and you want to stay as far away from Sheriff Joe as possible. :D
7) I haven't been to Vegas since they opened the new bridge over the Hoover Dam, but previously, it's been around a 4 and a half hour drive.

Thanks for your insight and helpful information, Waldorf.:wink:

Mark Basch:
Basch Accurate Service
1721 W 10th Place 4B
Tempe Az, 85281
480 968 8010

Chris Willson:
Science of Speed
2102 East 5th Street
Tempe, AZ 85281
480-894-6277

Best of luck and keep us posted!

Ditto on both. Tim.

I go out of town to have work done on mine I can't do myself.
Been there and done that locally...Won't do it again. Although I haven't tried Basch yet.
Haven't tried an actual Acura dealer...But it's hard to believe they see enough of the NSX's to really know what their doing.
I'm happy with and trust Autowave in Huntington Beach, CA. to touch my car when the need arises. Far away but worth the trip.

I haven't been to Vegas since they opened the new bridge over the Hoover Dam, but previously, it's been around a 4 and a half hour drive.
The new bridge isn't open yet, but it's going to cut the drive time substantially when it does finally get finished. I last drove to Vegas from PHX about 3 weeks ago. The Hoover Dam traffic is insanity. Depending on when you hit it, it can be stop-and-go for an hour until you actually get across. Total drive time for me was about 5.5 hours via 60, 93, 40, and 93 again.

I've been in PHX for about 18 months and love it, minus the traffic. I live and work right near ASU and it seems like a pretty hip place to get an education. You can't beat the weather here if you're into a lot of sunshine. And it's indeed a great place to own an Acura. The dealership here in Tempe takes care of my DD 1994 Legend with 292k miles on it.

And StevieRay, welcome to the valley and congratulations on your NSX purchase! I'd like to meet up with the local NSX crew for an upcoming meet/cruise.

ya know GT5 ..... everyone has thier likes and dislikes, your constant bashing of people here in town makes you sound and look like an ass. It is my opinion that it actually hurts your credibility.

do what makes you happy....

Thanks for your advise guys. I just realized I started this thread and hadn't reported back. It seems all is fine I just had the worst rear axle leak in history:smile: and there was fluid everywhere. That is what was on my floor and the oil level wasn't as low as my panic striken brain thought.

Man I love the power from the CTSC, considerably different from my NA '91 I had before. It makes me want to drive it every day and leave the M3 in the garage!

Thanks again,

Ray

Back