• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX meets 430 Scuderia Rear End

I must say I was rolling my eyes when I read the thread title.

After seeing the picture, I REALLY liked it and want to do it (but I agree the exhaust location would be impossible without greatly modifying the trunk, crash beam, and more.

Photoshop the regular F430 diffuser with 1 exhaust pipe per side with slightly smaller exhaust opening in the bumper.

If someone were to do it, they must get an OEM Ferrari bumper/diffuser to mold the NSX copy otherwise a F430 "themed" replica would (and always do) look like crap.

Geez, why do people want their cars to look like OTHER cars? So you can be a POSER?

They say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

If you want a car with the F430 rear end, then buy a Ferrari F430.

At the very least you think they would start with the right platform. To me, it's like why just have the rear end when they could have the whole shabang? With a Ford Mustang 4.6L V8 no less. :confused:

Actually, for just $15 a day they could upgrade to a Lambo. It's all right here in this book.

Whatever. It's not like anyone is going to know the difference. I once had someone in Williamsport ask me if the Geo Storm we were in was a F355.

AddEmoticons04236.gif

I must say I was rolling my eyes when I read the thread title.

...but now you are legally blind from the intense radiation emitted by all the LED's in the tail lights :confused:

Last edited:
If someone were to do it, they must get an OEM Ferrari bumper/diffuser to mold the NSX copy otherwise a F430 "themed" replica would (and always do) look like crap.
The good news is that the oem Ferrariparts are made of fiberglass, should be "easy" to chop up and adapt to the nsx to make a prototype.

Bad news is they are very expensive, bumper only is $2000+ and thats whitout the diffuser!

Also the position of the exhaust tips differ greatly. F430 tips are much further out so it wil requite alot of work.

The bumper looks awesome - execution would be difficult for sure but end result would be worth it if done right.

430 rear is pure artwork so if you are to attempt this please use the EXACT Ferrari rear and not a "close enough kinda good replica".

FYI: That white Mugen looks like a$$, never liked mugen and that rear bumper from Mugen is 10x WORSE looking than the OP's original Photoshopped version.

rk

Side view with the Scuderia rear bumper please.

Ask and ye shall receive. Though it will only make you want it more.

NSX_RGT_Scuderia.jpg

The more I look into this, the harder the exhaust routing looks. The dream is not dead yet though.

Thanks NSX-Files. I like the short overhang of the rear bumper. It could be done just relocated the hole for the exhaust to the original position of the NSX exhaust tips. Or use the Sorcery center exit exhaust just like Vroom's NSX.

Ask and ye shall receive. Though it will only make you want it more.

NSX_RGT_Scuderia.jpg

The more I look into this, the harder the exhaust routing looks. The dream is not dead yet though.

For the record....

on the nsx... there is an aluminum panel that looks like the "trucks firewall" at the furtheset most point of the rear of the car, that ends below the bottom of the upper rear bumper cover. (man... I wish there was an easier way to say that)

In order for this application to work... the NSX would have to sacrifise the majority if not all of the trunk to pull this off. So as far as the exhuast is concerned... it would be a walk in the park to fab up once someone agreed to eliminationg there trunk.

My $.02

Last edited:
For the record....

on the nsx... there is an aluminum panel that looks like the "trucks firewall" at the furtheset most point of the rear of the car, that ends below the bottom of the upper rear bumper cover. (man... I wish there was an easier way to say that)

In order for this application to work... the NSX would have to sacrifise the majority if not all of the trunk to pull this off. So as far as the exhuast is concerned... it would be a walk in the park to fab up once someone agreed to eliminationg there trunk.

My $.02

Here's what you're referring to:

Procar_cf_rear_bumper_beam_11.JPG

Image courtesy of Procar Specials (maker of the CF bumper beam).

One way the exhaust could possibly work without compromising the trunk is to remove the rear bumper beam and use the Taitect center exit exhaust. Run the two exhaust pipes up like periscopes immediately behind the corrugated "tailgate" with small radius 90 degree bends facing backwards and out through the mesh grille. You'd need gold foil or some heat resistant material to protect the fiberglass bumper and the trunk area.

taitec_lightweight_center-e.jpg

Image courtesy of Science of Speed, where this exhaust can be purchased from a great vendor.

Even if that works, the muffler in its OEM position might take away from the center diffusor area. So by no means is this a simple task.

David

Last edited:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSXkkk
LOL, you are getting crazy.

Quote:
that rear end on nsx = no trunk. please forget it

Quote:
you gonna pay insane $$$ for that outcome.

I'm starting to get the impression you're not a fan of this idea.

On a second note... I will tell you this...I didnt spend to much time on photoshop with this but here is an example of a conversion that is possible.... flat black fiberglass instead of mess and as far as fabrication... this is what you would be looking at

1 upper rear bumper cover
2 raised spats
1 Fiberglass License plate holder/exhaust housing/diffuser mount
1 diffuser
1 custom made 2 canister exhaust

You would maintain the rear bumber bear (crazy not to in an aluminum uni-body)... the only thing left to figure out would be license plate bulbs and making the spats 3d (like a football per say so they don't catch air and defeat the purpose of the diffuser).

I own and opperate Stmpo Race Products... if I were to take this on (meaning nsx owner demand was there... like a small deposit.. not there handle on a small list)prices would be close to the following...

500.00 1 upper rear bumper cover
500.00 2 raised spats
500.00 1 Fiberglass License plate holder/exhaust housing/diffuser mount
800.00 1 diffuser
1500.00 1 custom made 2 canister exhaust

Before we go there... I will spend a good amount of time on photoshop if everone can come up with what changes to this pic would need to be made in order to create an interest.... if any... POST COMMENTS GUYS... I cant spend all day changing the pic but if a majority of interested parties want to see something... I or someone else on here can do it....

For those of you who have never spoken to me directly, met me or the guys, or have not been in our fabrication shop... I can call the ones who have and they will vouch for us being able to pull this off.

and for the record....

I have been on prime since March of 2003:smile:
You will not have to pay shipping and tariffs from Japan/Noord Holland, The Netherlands/Germany or any other... non - US country....lol :smile:
Stmpo is not affliated with anyone in Lithiunia:smile:
Replication of the part in the pic without an 18" high plastic bubble is expected by all of us :smile:
I wont be getting these from NRG and marking them up 4x my cost:smile:
All fiberglass/tooling molds/tig welding ect ect ect.. will be done here!!!!:smile:
OEM fitment will exsist with experienced bodywork installers.. not DIY:smile:
My trader rating is extremely high.. much higher than Dali's... but so is someone who never sold or bought anything...lol:smile:

Attachments

• f430 nsx.jpg
    f430 nsx.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 1,292
I'm starting to get the impression you're not a fan of this idea. :wink:

you are wrong, F430 is one of my fav cars. but that rear end will destroy nsx's design. sorry. maybe you are getting serious on it, and i dont care if it cost only 4000. good luck on your project. i hope you gonna have a great output to show us later.

Last edited:
Since the exhaust appears to be overly difficult, I've come up with a slightly different setup, using a more standard center exit exhaust. It looked better with the exhaust higher, but that was probably too impractical to do.

ScuderiaNSX6.jpg

I agree 100%, that's why I did the photochop. Note the shape of the black opening on the front of the 02+ mirrors the shape of the black diffusor area. Also, the raised edges of the corners match front and rear.

FRScuderia_NSX.jpg

I'm going to explore the possibility of making this bumper for my car. Will keep you all updated.

David

The front has to have a nice aggressive lip to accomodate the rear end diffuser.

The good news is that the oem Ferrariparts are made of fiberglass, should be "easy" to chop up and adapt to the nsx to make a prototype.

Bad news is they are very expensive, bumper only is $2000+ and thats whitout the diffuser!

Also the position of the exhaust tips differ greatly. F430 tips are much further out so it wil requite alot of work.
get a diffuser and bumper from a ferrari challenge team. They have tons of wracked or slightly damaged body parts.

NSX is lighter than an F430....:wink:

I was thinking the stock exhaust location something on the lines of: (and marvel at my microsoft paint skills)
ScuderiaNSX6.jpg

Last edited:
Or what about like this with a center exit exhaust......maybe using the Taitec system. Dont laugh at my weak paint skills.

ScuderiaNSX6centerexitexhaust.jpg

Why not just get the NSX-R GT rear end and modify that to look more similar to what you are looking for?

They've already done most of the work for you

attachment.php

Alright, Velveeta, stuntman, Dhalsim and STMPO have the best exhaust location. Here's my final version:

scuderiaNSX71.jpg

Now onto the production phase! Now I wish my car was white instead of black. I wish I still had my old "ITS FAST" plate too.

Last edited:
Could have sworn this was going to be a thread about a wreck on an exotic drive...

Now you only have to come up with a matching front end. :biggrin:

Stock is way to lame for a rear like that.

Lets just make it like this:
ferrari-f250-concept-design-by-idries-omar-hr-02.jpg

Edit: attached a quick chop.

Attachments

• IMG_9127.jpg
    IMG_9127.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 1,412
Last edited:
Back