• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX Mods DONE (Teins/Volks/Downforce/etc) *HIGH RES PICS*

I'm really glad you posted these pics. I've been thinking very hard about the exact same rear spoiler for my car. I'm just wondering how it will look with the black top. I'm also wondering when I get my car redone if I should paint the roof.

I'm really glad you posted these pics. I've been thinking very hard about the exact same rear spoiler for my car. I'm just wondering how it will look with the black top. I'm also wondering when I get my car redone if I should paint the roof.

Without a doubt it would look great! The black spoiler+black roof=WIN. It actually would probably tie in better then an orange roof. Matter of facet, some local NSX friends are urging me to paint my roof black!

Hi,

just do it :wink:

probably tomorrow i'll pick my car from the bodyshop (finally, after 8 months without it :eek:).

My roof was red and i had it painted black, along with the mirrors... my goal was going towards the NSX-R look... now the base is done, and slowly i'll add the missing parts...

i'll post pictures before/after the paint.

thanks,
Nuno

Without a doubt it would look great! The black spoiler+black roof=WIN. It actually would probably tie in better then an orange roof. Matter of facet, some local NSX friends are urging me to paint my roof black!

8 months for roof and mirrors?:eek::biggrin:

Have thought of this...not sure I'm all that happy changing the factory color and making the car non-original.

Hi,

8 months for roof and mirrors?:eek::biggrin:

HAHA... not that bad... the 8 months were spent like this:

- first 2 months -> insurance company trying to make me laugh out of bad jokes
- 3 months -> wait for parts to be produced in japan and arrive at the dealer
- last 3 months -> bodyshop work slowly but to produce a very good result... also i bought many small bits OEM stuff along the way for them to replace with old ones and a couple of non-OEM stuff too

Have thought of this...not sure I'm all that happy changing the factory color and making the car non-original.

think of it like this... it was an option from factory... you are only changing it during the ownership :wink:

My car came with black roof from the factory, and the first owner made the dealer paint it red before then hand it over new to him... i'm restoring to factory layout...:biggrin::biggrin: (mirrors are a bonus)

Nuno

What color did you choose for the RSX-R Rear Wing? It looks like Downforce has 3 options. Thanks!

I like it all except for the wheels, sorry dude. I was never a fan of those wheels.

No Problem. :)

how often do you bottom out that diffuser??? how is it holding up?

I have never bottomed out (yet), I just am VERY careful. I just follow these rules.

What color did you choose for the RSX-R Rear Wing? It looks like Downforce has 3 options. Thanks!

Not sure, I just ordered for SOS, they didn't give me any options. it's a dark clear coat on the CF. Almost looks black from a distance.

Just a curious question but do you guys all shell out $1k plus for a NSX-R spoiler? What's the diff. Downforce for over $1k+ and the JETZ at only $500?

synth: are you going to get a NSX-R hood next?

rk

Just a curious question but do you guys all shell out $1k plus for a NSX-R spoiler? What's the diff. Downforce for over $1k+ and the JETZ at only $500?

synth: are you going to get a NSX-R hood next?

rk

^ Hey rk, I thought about the NSR-R hood, but I'm hesitant on all mods that will require a paint. I know it's difficult for many shops to match the imola pearl. I bought the DF spoiler because it was proven to be a quality part with excellent fitment. If Jetz has great fitment and quality, I don't know why you wouldn't go with them.

I took a few night shots a few hours ago. Nice to take the car out of storage.

1-tsnew.jpg

2-ts.jpg

3-ts.jpg

4-ts.jpg

8.jpg

Last edited:
I'm really feeling those night shots - they really bring out the shine in Imola nicely. What did you use to light up the car so well or was it just street lighting?

In regards to the black roof idea - just thought I'd throw this out there as I considered it for my car a few times but not about to paint the roof. It seems a lot of guys are wrapping their cars in matte black vinyl these days so it should be a cinch for the guy to wrap our targa roof and a few pillars. That would really complete the all black top look and "protect" your stock paint.

I've been seriously thinkin about asking a professional wrap my mirrors, roof and pillars for the all black top section look :)

Will be out in the chicago area in May for a friend's wedding, maybe we can hook up then?

rk

2-ts.jpg

Every part of your car is hot.

BTW: is that the stock lip? Why is it so glossy/shiny/rich? Mine just looks like plastic. Did you paint it?

Fantastic work! Imola was never my favorite, but you somehow make it look stunning. The black top would look nice! Have you thought about purchasing another targa top and side sills and painting it black instead? That way you do not have to worry about repainting factory pieces! The vinyl wraps are nice, but after seeing a blowtorch used to fit one on a car I was obliged to pass!

Back