• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX "Monaco" Carbon Fiber Wide Angle Rear View Mirrors

Due to popular demand as I get tons of inquiries on my NSX rearview mirror we've decided to order a batch of these for the NSX community....

Perfect fitment, very tight quality piece in polished carbon fiber weave. (I would not put anything that is not quality on my NSX)

Gives you a very nice wide-angle view of the rear, I can easily see both Bride logos from my driver's seat plus it looks super cool from the front glass.

I took some pictures installed on my NSX.

Only will have 5 in stock initially so PM me for purchase instructions as this item is not listed on our website just yet.

Price is $360 per mirror, simple bolt on with proper NSX bracket.

Paypal: [email protected]

thanks
rick

cfmirror_3.jpg

cfmirror_2.jpg

cfmirror_1.jpg

cfmirror_4.jpg

I am interested. How do you deal with headlight glare from the rear?

The glass is slightly tinted blue so the headlights never bothered me much.

Keep in mind in my s2000 with the top down, you had direct light and it's hardly noticeable with the tinted glass so in the NSX it should be totally fine.

In my NSX you have dual glass so it really is not even a factor. I have my hatch glass tinted so that makes it even darker :)

PM's replied!

That's a great looking rear view mirror .. comparing with the accord like OEM ....
Oscar

I have one of these on my 1994 nsx... Zoom Engineering is the manufacturer; they're quite popular on the s2000 forums.

Scorp, if you're right about the manufacturer, Zoom Engineering is offering this product at $188 (based on spot exchange rate from JPY to USD) from their site. That's one hell of a shipping cost.

Last edited:
I paid $375 for the mirror including shipping.

More for me. Must admit I did checked Zoom about a year back after I saw it on HondaArrArrr's thread but I didn't need a new rear view back then. But now my OEM rear view is rattling. I didn't bother rechecking the price hoping it won't be too far off.
Anyway from the website it would be about USD228 excluding shipping as the mounting points are also required.

fwiw, I purchased 2 of these (one for each of my nsx's) from Zoom Eng directly; the mirrors were under $150 shipped in both cases, including the nsx mounting bracket.

This markup is huge, especially if the OP is getting a discount for purchasing multiple mirrors for resale; it seems telling there has been no response on this thread.

fwiw, I purchased 2 of these (one for each of my nsx's) from Zoom Eng directly; the mirrors were under $150 shipped in both cases, including the nsx mounting bracket.

This markup is huge, especially if the OP is getting a discount for purchasing multiple mirrors for resale; it seems telling there has been no response on this thread.

Yeah. I should have double check before sending over the money.:frown:
Rick, any comments?

Guys, first let me say there is no way I'm buying these for $150 each, if this is true let me know and I'll buy from them too!

Heck the only reason I bought 6 of these mirrors is because I wanted another one for myself. I got these from my friend in Japan and after customs fee/shipping I easily have $300 in each one. Factor in Paypal fees of 3% I get roughly $40 bucks for myself.

I am only selling 5 of these mirrors and certainly not going to get rich doing this. If anyone who has bought from me wants a refund you only have to say the word and I'll REFUND THE FULL PRICE :)

s2ki had a vendor selling these a while back and they were selling for around $300 (they definitely bought a larger quantity than my 5 pieces).

Hope this clears things up!

rick

Guys, first let me say there is no way I'm buying these for $150 each, if this is true let me know and I'll buy from them too!

Heck the only reason I bought 6 of these mirrors is because I wanted another one for myself. I got these from my friend in Japan and after customs fee/shipping I easily have $300 in each one. Factor in Paypal fees of 3% I get roughly $40 bucks for myself.

I am only selling 5 of these mirrors and certainly not going to get rich doing this. If anyone who has bought from me wants a refund you only have to say the word and I'll REFUND THE FULL PRICE :)

s2ki had a vendor selling these a while back and they were selling for around $300 (they definitely bought a larger quantity than my 5 pieces).

Hope this clears things up!

rick

Thanks for the comment/info. I'm just looking forward to install it :smile: I made the decision as a buyer. So hoping to see it soon.

rick

Here's an interesting result from Google:

A vendor on S2Ki was selling this same product back in 2008 ($185 USD includes free shipping to lower 48)
http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=626523&st=0

Last edited:
Here's an interesting result from Google:

A vendor on S2Ki was selling this same product back in 2008 ($185 USD includes free shipping to lower 48)
http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=626523&st=0

Interesting all your 3 posts seems to be in this thread. Just joined to helped out the community? How warming :biggrin:
These may sound like I'm defending the seller... but... Do you have something against s4play? Or are you a buyer? All I'm saying it's up to seller and buyer. He already indicated he is willing to refund. For me, that's good enough option. He could be selling it for 1k ... and if there are buyers let it be. Is it expensive?... I guess. Is there any rules/law that you only can sell product at certain margin?... If so, I'm interested to see.
I've been with Prime for awhile, vendors/seller do sell same items at different prices. Unless it's forced upon the seller I do not see too much issue? For me it's just a product I'm sure I may be able to get it cheaper if I look hard enough but eh... win some loss some. Was about time to replace the rearview mirror anyway.:wink:

Just a newbie looking for parts when Scorp's comment caught my eye.

Like you, I was interested in the part. However, after following on Scorp's lead, it became obvious that something didn't add up. Like you, I was hoping to get some reassurance that there was a mix up. However, after seeing that the follow up comments about vendors at S2Ki did not stack up either, credibility becomes the issue.

Your comments about the free market is correct. No questions there. However, when you see brazen attempts to arbitrarily inflate prices, they need to be called out. Otherwise, we will all start to see prices rise. The last thing I want to see is nsx-r chassis bars go for $500 and KW coilovers for $5k...

With that said, I joined Prime as it has a good reputation for helpful members and honest sellers. After this experience, perhaps I need to rethink the latter.

I used to have this mirror.

On a side note, this mirror is actually built in Japan for a RHD car. The wide portion of the mirror on our driver's side is actually for the blind spot on a RHD car. I wish someone would build an inverted version for our LHD cars. Very cool mirror though.

Back