• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX Mountain Drive and BBQ in Marietta - August 20th

I have spoken to a few people already but I would like to invite the Atlanta NSX owners (and others) to a drive in the North Georgia Mountains and then make our way back to my home in Marietta for a BBQ on August 20th.

FLA LIZ is coming up from Florida and she loves driving in the mountains. (and to be honest she is quite good at handling her NSX) Tim SUNEDAZ has taken the lead on the drive doing up GA 400 across and back down the I-575 to Marietta.

MOTO_MICHL (Michael) will be on the 1s and 2s (aka the BBQ grills) and I will supply the meats and sides.

Please let me know if you would like to attend both the drive and the BBQ or just one or the other. The time for the drive will be about 1pm with the BBQ about 4-5pm.

1. ARFNSX (Alex)
2. SUNEDAZ (Tim)
3. MICHL_MOTO (Michael)
4. FLA LIZ (Liz)
5. JL Coolman (Jason)
6. Coldhammer (James and Alex)
7. MT-TANK (Paul)
8. Sublyminal (Eric)
9. DJinATL (DJ)
10. NSXNTOP (Sev)

Last edited:
Nice invite and of course, I am working....y'all have a good ride and chow down...

Kristi-Anna (who was in the silver Supra that parked amongst us at C&O) is going to be joining us for this shindig. (edit - she has a photographer coming along to take pictures)

She had a suggestion for a pub crawl that is going on in the evening for any who might be interested. The pub crawl is being held for the Homeless Pets Foundation charity.
http://bigtenatlanta.org/pubcrawl/

Just throwing that out there for people to consider.

By the way, where is everyone?
Wouldn't it be great to have 10 or so NSXs and other cars carving through the mountains?

Last edited:
Are you guy's and gal's ready for the BBQ and Drive?

Below is a link of the map we intend to drive. We'll all gather at 1pm in the Walmart parking lot just east of 400 at exit #14 in Cumming. Please have fuel for a 3 hour drive. We'll make our first break at Dawsonville City Hall. They have a "Winner's Circle" complete with checkered floor in the front that we can take a quick restroom and picture break. Then it's through the mountains to Alex's house we go :biggrin:

If you are planning on coming but can't make it the day of PLEASE call me or Alex and let them know so we don't wait HOURS for you. Thank you. :wink:
Tim's Cell 770-833-8494

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?auth...d=205389120816346332567.0004aa953a42fa2da7168

NSX Mountain Drive but no BBQ

Count me in too!

Heck, we'll be driving right past my house in Jasper! Anyone want to stop there for a little fishing? :tongue:

Won't stay for dinner as I have an RC model boat meet in the evening. Will show off my illuminated submarine and tugboat.

Paul

I have spoken to a few people already but I would like to invite the Atlanta NSX owners (and others) to a drive in the North Georgia Mountains and then make our way back to my home in Marietta for a BBQ on August 20th.

FLA LIZ is coming up from Florida and she loves driving in the mountains. (and to be honest she is quite good at handling her NSX) Tim SUNEDAZ has taken the lead on the drive doing up GA 400 across and back down the I-575 to Marietta.

MOTO_MICHL (Michael) will be on the 1s and 2s (aka the BBQ grills) and I will supply the meats and sides.

Please let me know if you would like to attend both the drive and the BBQ or just one or the other. The time for the drive will be about 1pm with the BBQ about 4-5pm.

1. ARFNSX (Alex)
2. SUNEDAZ (Tim)
3. MOTO_MICHL (Michael)
4. FLA LIZ (Liz)
5. JL Coolman (Jason)
6. Coldhammer (James and Alex)

Count me in. If anything changes I'll let you guys know!

got baby sitter lined up for this one! woohoo! i'm game for both this time around as i'm kid free for the weekend. :biggrin:

Perfect.

10 NSXs and many other types including Vette, M3 and Supras.

1pm in the Walmart parking lot just east of 400 at exit #14 in Cumming

Last edited:
I stand corrected

We are meeting exit #14 at the walmart parking lot at 1pm.

Tim was correct and this is what I get for multitasking at work :rolleyes:

HI y'all!
Looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow!

I'm coming from Blue Ridge so I will meet up with you at Dawsonville City Hall.

Looking forward to it!!!!!! :biggrin:
FLA Lizard

Are you guy's and gal's ready for the BBQ and Drive?

Below is a link of the map we intend to drive. We'll all gather at 1pm in the Walmart parking lot just east of 400 at exit #14 in Cumming. Please have fuel for a 3 hour drive. We'll make our first break at Dawsonville City Hall. They have a "Winner's Circle" complete with checkered floor in the front that we can take a quick restroom and picture break. Then it's through the mountains to Alex's house we go :biggrin:

If you are planning on coming but can't make it the day of PLEASE call me or Alex and let them know so we don't wait HOURS for you. Thank you. :wink:
Tim's Cell 770-833-8494

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?auth...d=205389120816346332567.0004aa953a42fa2da7168

Some friends of mine spotted y'all today so I popped on Prime to see if there was a meet. Guess I should log on more often :)

Hope to make one soon just real busy packing, moving, painting and changing jobs. My NSX has gathered some dust.

Back