• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Announcement – Michigan NSX gathering and drive August 6th 2016 – SAVE the date!

Announcement – Michigan NSX gathering and drive Saturday, August 6th, 2016 – SAVE the date!

It has been over five years since we had a get-together and drive! Please plan to meet at 2:00 P.M. Saturday, August 6th (rainout date Sunday, August 21st), in the parking lot of the USA Arena (f.k.a. Compuware Arena), 14900 Beck Road, Plymouth Township, MI. See:

http://www.usahockeyarena.com/page/show/1817000-location-and-contacts

At approximately 2:30 P.M. we will enjoy a group drive, tentatively planning to drive a bit south into Washtenaw County to visit the thriving metropolises of Mooreville, Macon, Tecumseh, Clinton, Bridgewater, and Pleasant Lake with a rest and photo stop on the way. A route map will be furnished at the driver’s meeting prior to departure. Pls bring your FRS radio(s) tuned to 12-24. See:

https://www.fcc.gov/general/family-radio-service-frs

By necessity we will use the freeway to start this drive and return from this drive. The route is still being finalized, and will be driven the week prior to August 6th to gather updated road condition information. The drive will conclude by returning to the USA Arena, where we have made arrangements with Manager Dave of CJ’s Brewing Company for reserved tables for ordering beverages and food. We anticipate this return at 4:00 – 4:30 P.M.

Note: there will be an International ice hockey tournament happening at the USA Arena on this date. We will work to assure a dedicated NSX parking area.

Updates will be forthcoming.

Please cut and paste to add your name(s) to the listing below and re-post. Spouse/significant other/family-friendly event.

1) alum04org - 2004 Imola 6 spd
2) igo4blu - 2005 LBBP
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

2) igo4blu - 2005 LBBP
3) bmac - 2000 SS 6spd (+1)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

Thanks NEAL!

2) igo4blu - 2005 LBBP
4) sca037- 1992 red / black
5) NSXgal- 1992 evil purple / black ;^D
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

2) igo4blu - 2005 LBBP
6) Blodi-1991 Formula Red LoveFab
7)
8)
9)
10)

2) igo4blu - 2005 LBBP
7)
8)
9)
10) nicholas421- 1991 red/ivory

2) igo4blu - 2005 LBBP
7) tbox - 1993 GPW
8) Hass-1993 BB (+wifey)
9) Rami- GT4 (Nsx enthusiast)

Last edited:
Thanks to Ryan Blodi for the tip on this drive! The cruise from 2010 was a blast, and if there is room, I would love to take some video!

Chris

Thanks to Ryan Blodi for the tip on this drive! The cruise from 2010 was a blast, and if there is room, I would love to take some video!

Chris

Yea, have not seen you many Wednesdays at CJ's to share data with ! But saw you tonight and glad you are in. Remember, though, if someone mis-behaves we must confiscate all of your tools :smile:

All - see the listing for our gathering and drive in/at the NSXCA website? Happy they picked it up.

2) igo4blu - 2005 LBBP
7) tbox - 1993 GPW
8) Hass-1993 BB (+wifey)
11) LJZ (Bavaria) - 1994 Formula Red (possibly +1)

2) igo4blu - 2005 LBBP
6) Blodi-1991 Formula Red LoveFab +1
7) tbox - 1993 GPW
8) Hass-1993 BB (+wifey)
11) LJZ (Bavaria) - 1994 Formula Red (possibly +1
12) Trevor- 2006 Porsche 997 C2S

2) igo4blu - 2005 LBBP
7) tbox - 1993 GPW
8) Hass-1993 BB (+wifey)
13) Dr. Makki- Jaguar F-TypeR

Yea, have not seen you many Wednesdays at CJ's to share data with ! But saw you tonight and glad you are in. Remember, though, if someone mis-behaves we must confiscate all of your tools :smile:

Thanks Neal, and I'm sure I'll have a good hiding spot for them all. :D

2) igo4blu - 2005 LBBP
7) tbox - 1993 GPW
8) Hass-1993 BB (+wifey)
13) Dr. Makki- Jaguar F-TypeR
14)nsxohio - 1991 BB (+wife)

I'm visiting friends I used to work with at Ford in Manchester, MI this Saturday - I previously thought it was just west of AA and I was looking forward to making a surprise stop-by but alas, with all the construction leading up from Toledo and with Manchester being south west of AA, I'm going to have to pass. Have a great time, say hi to Neal and Hass, and let's see some good photos especially of @tbox's GPW.

PS, hey @Igo4blu, I'll be wearing my Michigan hat while being surrounded by State folk. Promise to keep them from burning any couches.

Have a good drive!

I'm visiting friends I used to work with at Ford in Manchester, MI this Saturday - I previously thought it was just west of AA and I was looking forward to making a surprise stop-by but alas, with all the construction leading up from Toledo and with Manchester being south west of AA, I'm going to have to pass. Have a great time, say hi to Neal and Hass, and let's see some good photos especially of @tbox's GPW.

PS, hey @Igo4blu, I'll be wearing my Michigan hat while being surrounded by State folk. Promise to keep them from burning any couches.

Have a good drive!
Hold the phone, Yinzer...........we may well be driving right near your locality on Saturday (ask Neal for specifics and timing!)

Would love to be able to finally meet you ;^D

Brian

Brian, ha thanks I'll find out my friend's address. I would really like to meet some of yinz too. We are meeting at his house and planning to stay there all day, bbq'ing and relaxing. He has a rather large plot of land possibly off a dirt road though... Timberlake Trail in Manchester. I would love to see my Ford friends' heads spin if a dozen NSX's passed by - some of them refused to even sit in a foreign car when I was there (completely overlooking a chance to benchmark) and some were allergic to even looking at a non-Ford....compared to me who owned a Nissan 300ZX during my last few years there. Some of them keep swearing to disown me for going to the dark side, even with a car like the NSX, and I tell them go ahead. I guess my sparkling personality refuses to let them kick me to the curb.

Hey Neal [MENTION=12072]alum04org[/MENTION], what is your planned flight path?

Tom - NSXOhio 91 bb - glad you can join us! Weather forecast appears perfect.

I'll be driving the route tomorrow for making notes and seeing present roadway conditions.

YINZER! Would enjoy seeing you, and we should be passing by just E of Manchester, MI, at 3:40 P.M. or so on Saturday. We'll be NB Clinton Road and onto EB Austin Road, perhaps taking a driver change/stretch/photo op at Clinton Ass'y of God, 13080 Clinton Rd, 49236 or at a county park nearby (Note: No restroom facilities at either).

Original drive announcement now updated as follows -

"It has been over five years since we had an NSX get-together and drive! Please plan to meet at 2:00 P.M. Saturday, August 6th (rainout date Sunday, August 21st), in the parking lot of the USA Arena (f.k.a. Compuware Arena), 14900 Beck Road, Plymouth Township, MI 48170. See:

http://www.usahockeyarena.com/page/show/1817000-location-and-contacts

At approximately 2:30 P.M. we will enjoy a group drive, tentatively planning to drive a bit south into Washtenaw County to visit the thriving metropolises of Mooreville, Macon, Tecumseh, Clinton, Bridgewater, and Pleasant Lake with a rest and photo stop on the way. A route map will be furnished at the driver’s meeting prior to departure. Pls bring your FRS radio(s) tuned to 12-24. See:

https://www.fcc.gov/general/family-radio-service-frs

By necessity we will use the freeway to start this drive and return from this drive. The route is still being finalized, and will be driven the tomorrow (8-4 Thursday) to gather updated road condition information. The drive will conclude by returning to the USA Arena, where we have made arrangements with Manager Dave and Boss Man Steve of CJ’s Brewing Company for reserved tables for ordering beverages and food. We anticipate this return at 4:15 – 4:45 P.M.

Note: there will be an International ice hockey tournament happening at the USA Arena on this date. We will work to assure a dedicated NSX parking area. This remains fluid so pls bear with us and we will make every attempt to park together away from hockey fans attending the tournament games (US, Canada, Finland, Sweden, young (16-19 ?) players prospect tourney).

Drive day cell phone contact number seven three four, 718- 7foursixthree

alum04org, I have a previous commitment at church so I'm going to have to pass. I was hoping to do both but the more I look at it I don't think it's going to be possible. Have a great time.

Alrighty then, Bob_54 thanks for letting us know.

Yinzer your text messages came through in 14 different messages - could it be my "chain saw" old model cell phone? :redface: I have two places to possibly take a break/driver change, photo op near/in Manchester, MI.

I drove the planned route today. Glad I did. Plenty of construction and a major closing of Austin Road.... I have a printed listing of directions all set, but am experiencing trouble producing a highlighted map. Oh well, if necessary we'll just do it as it appears we will have 11-17 cars. Maybe do two "run groups." Weather looks super - low 80's and little chance of rain.

Alrighty then, Bob_54 thanks for letting us know.

Yinzer your text messages came through in 14 different messages - could it be my "chain saw" old model cell phone? :redface: I have two places to possibly take a break/driver change, photo op near/in Manchester, MI.

Ha ha, yeah put some new lamp oil in the cell phone and juice it up! Here's the text my buddy sent, but sounds like you discovered things already:

FYI – Austin is closed somewhere in there and the detour takes you north to a parallel road (Pleasant lake road). I can’t remember if it is closed east or west of Clinton rd.
If they do get to stay on Austin RD eastbound back toward Plymouth, look for the worlds shortest railroad bridge on the north side of the road. Some guy built a bridge over his pond and has a full size replica of a train car on the bridge. The “tracks” are about 100 feet!
Also FYI – route 12 has lots of construction in downtown Saline with detours.

I'd say just plan your plans and let me know what they are and where/when any possible stops may be. I'll try to get in the area before ~4 for a stop-by, as my friends and I are meeting after 4 at my buddy's house on Timberlake Trail near W. Austin & Grossman. If I can swing by a photo pop to say Hey, then great, but don't wait for me (focus on wearing tire rubber and lightening the gas tank)!

Very excited about this event, hope to make it all the way back home in one piece lol

Don't even joke about that. I hope to see all of you there but I have been summoned to the office in the a.m. Will be at the event as long as I can extricate myself in time.

Best,
Jeff

Back