• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Announcement – Michigan NSX gathering and drive August 6th 2016 – SAVE the date!

I meant my car not breaking down lol

Oh come on, its a Honda. That is not going to happen! I've had mine now going on 7 years and although low miles (51,400) there have been a few typical NSX items that have needed attention -- ignition switch, rear hatch struts, clutch master/slave, brake master, one tie rod end -- all items that tend to wear out not just on basis of miles but passage of time. However, she's never failed to start or left me stranded at the side of the road. I do however keep very on top of preventative maintenance. The last adventure was replacement of all coolant hoses and the milk jug. I figured even though miles are comparatively low I was probably on borrowed time with 20+ year old hoses. Hope to see you tomorrow.

Jeff

O K it appears our stage is set!

Weather fine and route verified as of Thursday, August 4th. Maps printed for drivers (and even...........passengers!). We will necessarily pass through some freeway and construction zones but should be minimal.

Please:

- FULL tank of motion-lotion
- Be there 2:00 P.M. for departure 2:30 P.M.
- Have your FRS radio, and tune to 12-24
- A driver swap/break/photo op will be at mile 47, tentatively at NB Clinton Road at Allen Road, just north of Clinton village, parking lot of Clinton Ass'y of God, 13080 Clinton Rd, 49236. If busy there or extenuating circumstances, we will break at Chi-Bro Park, 209 Ann Arbor Street, Manchester, MI (just N of downtown Manchester E side of M-52). Want to be certain YINZER can meet and greet!

Expected back at origin point at 430-445 pm.

Excited to do this :smile:

I totally forgot about this, glad I was online looking at the website tonight, Laurie and I will be there.

Wondered whether you were abroad or nearby - happy you can join in!

See some yellow NSX tomorrow :wink:

Wow what an awesome time! Thanks for setting this event up Neal! Nice to see everyone
Yes, a most excellent time was had!

14 NSX's (and even a couple of fancy Volkswagens ;-)

Can't wait to see some pictures and videos!!!

Thanks Neal, you 'da man........

To successfully close out this thread..........

Fourteen (14) NSX's/owners enjoyed a before and after gathering with a ~ 104 mile drive through three SE Michigan counties. Beautiful weather, no issues, nothing wadded up :wink:

Sincere thank you(s) for your support and nice compliments. Thanks also for taking your time to post up your photos! Perhaps we can gather in Sept or early Oct for a brat roast or something.

Please post further photos here - http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...g-by-blodi-pt-2/page135?p=1909373#post1909373

The first video of the cruise is now up and running! It's quite exciting to watch. I'll have another video with more of the Porsche ride coming up. Thanks again for putting this together, Neal!

Chris

Back