• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX Mountain Run Saturday April 24, 2010 with Lunch

NSX_0001.jpg

It is that time of the year where we need to put together our NSX event.

I have a great route planned and at this time of the year, it shouldn't be too hot or too cold.

CANCELLED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

We are going to have two meeting spots. (for those who live more north of Atlanta)

9:00am (We leave at 9:10am SHARP) at the Waffle House off of exit 9 2940 Mansell Road, Alpharetta, Georgia 30022 (arrive early if you want to eat breakfast)

9:30am (We depart at 9:40am SHARP)at the North Georgia Premium Outlets 800 Highway 400 South, Dawsonville, GA 30534

We will then do US 129 in both directions.

By 12:00 -12:30 - we will arrive at Vogal State Park for a nice BBQ in the park.

After lunch, we will do one more run and be back on the 400 by 3:00pm.

Below will be a list of participants and what they plan to bring.

1. Alex
2. Marshall - Bubba Burgers, Charcoal

NSX_000.jpg

Last edited:
I'll miss it:mad: My sons soccer game. Can I get a phone number and call you? After the game I'll try to hook up with you guys.

I'll miss it:mad: My sons soccer game. Can I get a phone number and call you? After the game I'll try to hook up with you guys.

Yes, my number is 404.867.7275

I know up in the mountains, my cell service is spotty at best so leave a message or send a text if I do not respond.

me and the wifey will probably drive up and meet you guys for lunch. dont think ill have the car back out of the shop in time for the drive.

Well bring potato salad and chips and dip stuff.

Thanks for setting this up, though I will miss it as I coach my son's baseball team and we have a game every Saturday. Be safe, have fun, and BOLO for someone looking to make his monthly quota. I remember last year when a member of Ga.'s finest gave a warning to 8 in our group (of 9) when we stopped at a store in the mountains to pause and regroup. (He never got my license as I disappeared into the store after waiting 10 minutes for him to ask for it. :cool:)

I think I am going to reschedule it for a few reasons.

1. Not enough interest at this time
2. Multilple scheduling conflicts
3. Weather; it is suppose to rain

I will keep everyone posted once we reschedule.

Thanks Alex I was bummed that I was going to miss it.
When you re-schedule look at doing it on a Sunday afternoon or Saturday afternoon/evening? Afternoon through the mountains and dinner off of 400 or maybe in Helen.
Have you been on Highway 60 from Blue Ridge through Suches to Dahlonega? Lots of twists and very few police except for during the Tour De Georgia!!! It was nuts that week.

Last edited:
Glad you're going to reschedule - I'm in for the next time. Unless I'm out of town. I had a lot of company in this past weekend, so I was hanging with my old buddies. Thanks for trying to get this together Alex.

Back