• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

NSX Night Rider

My idea/fantasy - not that I'd ever do this...but I can dream right? Hey its late....and i'm bored here at work! feel free to do this to your NSX
smile.gif

Mount infared lamps in the same location you would mount your fog lamps

Install a cut-off switch for your brake lights and all other lights that would draw attention

Mount a fiber optic pencil sized camera on the roof of your NSX connected to the lens of a digital camera capable of night vision

Use the video outputs of the digital video camera and connect that to a device of your choice - TV goggles which project the image on the inside of the glass lens so that you see the image and whats behind the glasses so it won't obstruct your vision - or you can connect it to a video screen ... I like the goggles the best... very low profile.. and SNEAKY! Just think of blasting past a speed trap with night vision capability... heheh.....

ok okk.. it was late and i'm pulling the long shift here at work... they're not all golden! -E

[This message has been edited by Electro (edited 22 February 2001).]

Just think of blasting past a speed trap with night vision capability...

So you can see him while he's about to pull out to give you a ticket?
confused.gif

Actually i heard of a guy in Houston who got pulled over on the Tollway late at night, he was in a viper and got pulled over for doing 150 with no lights on...he had night vision goggles on.

------------------
92 Red/Blk

Just think of blasting past a speed trap with night vision capability...

So you can see him while he's about to pull out to give you a ticket?
confused.gif

What I meant was, so he could give you two tickets - one for speeding, and one for driving around without your lights on.

Now, if you want to talk about a sci-fi "cloaking device"... THAT would be cool.

I know there was a guy in California that used to drive in his ZR1 at night or early morning with night vision goggles. He was travelling extremely fast. but eventually got caught. I think he did it daily though going to work.

I was thinking it would look cool to make the rear light on the spoiler of the nsx go back and forth like knight rider.. that would be cool!

------------------
NetViper -= looking to get an NSX before I turn 26! =- Didn't make 25 :(

I know there was a guy in California that used to drive in his ZR1 at night or early morning with night vision goggles. He was travelling extremely fast, but eventually got caught. I think he did it daily though going to work.

I was thinking it would look cool to make the rear light on the spoiler of the nsx go back and forth like knight rider.. that would be cool!

------------------
NetViper -= looking to get an NSX before I turn 26! =- Didn't make 25 :(

I'd be affraid of someone pulling out in front of me cuz they didn't see me coming down the highway at 120 mph!

Think about how many times you pull up to an intersection and JUST look for lights coming and nothing else!!!! I know on country back roads to my parents house I just stop quickly glance for lights and then bolt. If someone was coming at 100 or even 30 I wouldn't see them because its so dark out there, ya know?

[This message has been edited by PUREVIL (edited 23 February 2001).]

Back