• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX or F355

I think no one has mentioned the rear buttress stress cracks every few years.

That is the part where the rear pillar joins the rear wing ( fender ) and they all seem to have problems due to welding too different alloys.

hey a buddy of mine i work with worked with mike from lamborghini of dallas on 355 challenge series. i got mike's number if you would like to call him and talk to him about, just tell him adam's friend pat from symbolic in san diego gave you his number and he will hook you up, 1-972 381-4000 ask for michael luongo. he will give you all the info you need. :wink:

RON98 said:
70 K is way too much

I would bite your ATM finger and keep your eyes open. You can find a 355 for as low as 55K with maintance. Just gota find the right seller at the right time.

Also, the valve train issue was addressed i believe from 97 and UP. So to get a 95-96... it could be costly if that problem has not been addressed already.

I was looking into buying one also and found a nice one locally for 55k. I was the second caller and missed out :tongue:

Get a car from a dealership is a no no in my books. After all, they got all that over head and on an exotic, you know they got the car at a trade in of 50K and making at killing at 70K. Maybe they'll even bring it down 5K to make it seem like your winning only to walk away with 15K of your hard earned money.

Keep an eye out for distressed 355 owners as housing market is going from hot to shot. Im sure someone will sell their's to make payments on 1% ARM mortage:biggrin: <---- pretty sure i screwed up this word

Good luck. If you have an NSX right now, just putt putt around in it till you get the 355... there is no reason why you cant have both.:biggrin:

the vave guide problem is on the 95 355's as well as exhaust manifold failure. and passing emissions.. the 95's are faster mainly because of the gear ratio changes, they were closer on the 95, the 96 and up were made longer for higher mph.

jgtcnsx said:
the vave guide problem is on the 95 355's as well as exhaust manifold failure. and passing emissions.. the 95's are faster mainly because of the gear ratio changes, they were closer on the 95, the 96 and up were made longer for higher mph.

Also OBD I vs. OBD II., Valve guides can be an issue for all F355 except some 1998 and all 1999. Had an NSX for 7 years loved it, have an F355 will probably own just as long and love it. Ferrari does require more care and feeding, but it is worth it in my opinion.

05011994 said:
Also OBD I vs. OBD II., Valve guides can be an issue for all F355 except some 1998 and all 1999. Had an NSX for 7 years loved it, have an F355 will probably own just as long and love it. Ferrari does require more care and feeding, but it is worth it in my opinion.

nicholas421 said:
buying a $55k 355 is like buying a $12k nsx.

How do you guys like your 355s compared to your NSXes?

I have a 2000 NSX right now, and I have been seriously thinking about getting a '94-95 F355. If the PPI comes out clean and the valve guides have been replaced, would it probably be reliable?

Could I plan on driving it 7-8k miles a year?

I've also been hearing a lot of different numbers concerning the 15k and 30k service price. What would be reasonable to expect?

Thanks in advance for the help.

AndyNSX said:
How do you guys like your 355s compared to your NSXes?

I have a 2000 NSX right now, and I have been seriously thinking about getting a '94-95 F355. If the PPI comes out clean and the valve guides have been replaced, would it probably be reliable?

Could I plan on driving it 7-8k miles a year?

I've also been hearing a lot of different numbers concerning the 15k and 30k service price. What would be reasonable to expect?

Thanks in advance for the help.
feels very similar. Comfort is good a bit less comfty than the NSX, tranny shifting and rev matching is IMO much better (both my NSX and 355 are 6speed)-nice sound when slapping into the guided gate, suspension wise the 355 is better in sport mode but my NSX is basically a stock NA1 with only H&R springs & swaybars, braking is pretty similar 355 a bit better due to Brembo setup, power up top i have to give to the 355, sound the 355 wins hands down (NSX has Taitec, 355 has Tubi both catless), ergonomics goes to the NSX, high speeds the 355 feels much stiffer. Hope that helps. Dont expect drastic results when getting out of n NSX into a 355. Challenge grill on a 355 adds a nice touch to the rear :) basically put around 5-7k a year if im lucky since its not mine but my brothers. When we switch back and forth he always states how he likes the feel of the NSX. I dont think there were any 94 355s here in the states. 95 was the first year they brought them over since a late 94 was a 348.

BTW seeing that you have a 2000NSX not quite sure what the difference will be since i never drove a newer model NSX- so it could be even better than my compariosn sttaed above.

Last edited:
Back