• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX panel

is this a test...:confused:

the pic is so zoomed in its hard to tell what it is.

I don't understand the purpose of the question. If you have the part, take a photo of the entire part. If you don't, then why does it matter?

Yes sir I own one now. Posted on the facebook page when I got it. I remembered receiving kind words from you in that post :)
As you said it is hard to master a mid engine rear wheel drive, I still didn't take it to the track yet.

- - - Updated - - -

Do you own an NSX now?
Yes sir I own one now. Posted on the facebook page when I got it. I remembered receiving kind words from you in that post :smile:
As you said it is hard to master a mid engine rear wheel drive, I still didn't take it to the track yet.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't understand the purpose of the question. If you have the part, take a photo of the entire part. If you don't, then why does it matter?

I don't have it in hand. So the story goes like this. I bought this from a guy on prime, since I wasn't in the state so I asked him to ship the part directly to the shop. However the guy in the shop said it was damaged when he opened the box, sent me this pic and have it welded. On the seller end he sent me pics of the panel from all angels before he shipped and it was impeccable.
I don't know what the shop is trying to pull, on the other hand, I trust the seller with his good record here.

- - - Updated - - -

Also the shop claims the panel's color doesn't exactly match the color of my car, but it came off a 95, same as mine.
I'm a rookie here, can't tell if it even makes any sense or they are simply trying to charge more..

Sorry to hear that.

Maybe the shop can take a photo of the entire part...?

Is it possible the part was damaged in shipping?

Beware, welding aluminum can be very tricky.

My left front fender has a crack nearly identical to this, it was caused by running on 225/17's with some lowering springs and when I turned left into a uphill driveway all those 3 things combined split my fender just like that, so I would say it has nothing to do with the shop based on the info at hand

Sorry to hear that.

Maybe the shop can take a photo of the entire part...?

Is it possible the part was damaged in shipping?

Beware, welding aluminum can be very tricky.

I went to the shop and took a photo (Attached) Panel is already on car and cracked was fixed according to the shop.
They told me the panel was damaged, but the opposite was told by seller who is a reputable guy on Prime.
To me this damage could not happen to a rear fender and it doesn't look like metal crack to me. Also there is no sign of welding as they claimed it was polished out.

It would be a shame if they simply are messing with the panel just to charge extra for fixing and painting. And pull out a random fiberglass crack of another red car that they have worked on.

Not calling out the seller or shop until it gets clear, of course. Any advise that I could use?

Thank you.

- - - Updated - - -

My left front fender has a crack nearly identical to this, it was caused by running on 225/17's with some lowering springs and when I turned left into a uphill driveway all those 3 things combined split my fender just like that, so I would say it has nothing to do with the shop based on the info at hand

Totally agree, only if it is a front fender. In fact it is a rear panel that was claimed to be in the pic.

- - - Updated - - -

That actually looks like a fiberglass crack.

That's a actually a really good point sir :)

Attachments

• 20160119_154621.jpg
    20160119_154621.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 169
I know all shops are not the same but I would personally like to be more informed as to what is being performed with my car/parts. If a part was damaged I would find out who/what caused it before proceeding with repair.

I think if you buy a purportedly good part, have it shipped to a shop directly, and the shop tells you the part was damaged, you have to take control of the situation.

First is ask the shop to hold the part, the packaging and the repair, go to the shop and look at the part, and decide if you have a shipping damage claim or a problem with a seller.
It's usually pretty obvious, if the shop keeps the packaging, whether the trucking company damaged the part.

If you don't take control and instead leave it up to the shop I think you have to expect the shop will do the most expedient thing for themselves.
You can't blame them for that.

In any event, if the seller shipped a damaged piece, the trucker damaged it in transit, or the shop damaged it, no point sending pics to Prime.
Instead get over to the shop immediately and sort it out.

I think if you buy a purportedly good part, have it shipped to a shop directly, and the shop tells you the part was damaged, you have to take control of the situation.

First is ask the shop to hold the part, the packaging and the repair, go to the shop and look at the part, and decide if you have a shipping damage claim or a problem with a seller.
It's usually pretty obvious, if the shop keeps the packaging, whether the trucking company damaged the part.

If you don't take control and instead leave it up to the shop I think you have to expect the shop will do the most expedient thing for themselves.
You can't blame them for that.

In any event, if the seller shipped a damaged piece, the trucker damaged it in transit, or the shop damaged it, no point sending pics to Prime.
Instead get over to the shop immediately and sort it out.

i get your point. The thing is the shop is not being clear and straightforward when they get the panel, while I was not in the U.S. ,at that moment.
And yes. If they damaged the panel, I'll blame them. (Zoom the pic in it is clear that the panel in the picture is not metal. At least something fishy is going on)
The mistake has already taken place, however sending pics to prime helped me a lot sorting things out :)

i get your point. The thing is the shop is not being clear and straightforward when they get the panel, while I was not in the U.S. ,at that moment.
And yes. If they damaged the panel, I'll blame them. (Zoom the pic in it is clear that the panel in the picture is not metal. At least something fishy is going on)
The mistake has already taken place, however sending pics to prime helped me a lot sorting things out :)

Ah yes, very difficult to deal with when you are out of the country.
Are you now back in America?
If so would be a good idea to visit the shop and look at the panel.

Back