• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX postponed again

SpeedTV/Autocar says "New NSX Postponed Again".

The on-off saga of the launch of Honda’s all new supercar took another twist last week when CEO Takeo Fukui announced that Honda was putting back the launch of its Acura brand in Japan – and that the NSX replacement, which will be badged an Acura worldwide this time round (it was a Honda outside the U.S. previously) won’t be launched at this year’s Tokyo Motor Show.

Honda will not say when the new NSX will appear, but Acura’s launch in Japan will now not happen until 2010 at the earliest. It is likely that Honda would want to launch the NSX at its home show in Tokyo, and as there’s no Tokyo show that year, the real launch date could be as late as October 2011.

Fukui cited concerns over the suitability of the Japanese market for the Acura brand as the reason for the postponement. According to a Honda spokesperson, it has nothing to do with the car not being ready for the show.

Japanese show-goers will have to make do with the global debuts of the Lexus LFA and Nissan GTR supercars then. Oh well.

No big surprise. They don't seem to have a clue.:frown:

Awwww man. Oh well more time to save up:redface:

This should be no surprise to anyone who has been following the development of the ASCC.

I so wanted a REAL NSX replacement but came to the conclusion about 2 years ago that I was wasting time.
Got in line for the R-8, dealer screwed me.
Started the Lotus Esprit line here in Dallas.
Car is due in 2009 at which time the NSX replacement will be going through its
10th "Design Analysis".

Acura/Honda has squandered a great opportunity by political BS.

First by its Japan-centric 300 hp limit with the original, and now with its Japan-first debut plans for a replacement.

As the world passes them by.

SpeedTV/Autocar says "New NSX Postponed Again".

Not really a surprise to me. I am not sure if Honda will ever introduce another supercar like the NSX. IF they do come out with a true competitor, it will be over 100k. If they don't, well it will be something less than what the original NSX was compared to the competition.

I guess that is good news for current NSX-owners in terms of resale value and exclusivity.

Another quote:

"There's never been a firm date for the reveal of Honda's newest supercar, but there's been considerable speculation that a revamped version of the Advanced Sports Car Concept might bow soon. Considering that Acura won't be coming to the Land of the Rising Sun until 2010 – at the earliest -- and there's no auto show planned for that year, we may have to wait until October of 2011 before we catch a glimpse of what Honda has up its sleeve. That's a long way away, so we hope Honda to makes it worth the wait."

Actually guys it all he said was the it won't be debuting at the Tokyo auto show ,but not that the car itself was delayed. Also Honda doesn't have to debut at the Tokyo autoshow the debut of the ASCC was at the NAIAS so it's possible it could debut there. They never said that the NSX sucessor would debut at the Tokyo auto show anyway did they? Check this out from VTec.net

Allow me to be skeptical about this "news" but...
I don't recall Fukui having ever said that the NSX was going to be shown in Tokyo2007. Here is what Fukui said (at Detroit):

The first generation NSX is another example of this burning desire for performance. It set new standards in many areas, from its advanced technologies to its incredible performance. Today, we want to show you a new concept car that hints at the design direction of the successor to the NSX. This design was created by our Los Angeles-based team. In a few months, this team will move into the Acura Design Center. But they have already created an exciting Acura Advanced Sports Car concept.

Before I show it to you, I want to emphasize that this vehicle is about more than just great styling. As we advance toward building a car like this, I can tell you it will feature advanced technology matching our passion for performance. This will include an all-new V10 engine that is Acura's most powerful ever. This front engine vehicle will also feature a new high performance, rear wheel drive version of Acura's Super Handling All-Wheel Drive.

Our direction is clear. We plan to Advance, in technology, in design, and in overall performance. This fall, at the Tokyo Motor Show, we will showcase the next stage in our advancement. But today, we have an exciting idea for the next Acura super sports car. I hope you like this exciting new concept, and the direction for the Acura brand. Thank you..

nor him saying last week anything about the NSX...

So, they may be willing to say that Honda is not going to show any super-car looking concept in Tokyo..., but anything else is wishful thinking, and I still don't know where did they get that info from...

2010 is fine by me, because by then, they will probably have no choice but to put in a 600hp motor:biggrin: Z07 is rumor to have mid-engine layout, so... You guys can guess the rest.

lol that fuckia screwd up a big time. for 2010 they will be further behind the performance market and it will be harder for them to sell their performance cars. whats going on with S2000 replacement?

Man....at this rate I will be in a wheelchair by the time it comes out.

Don't worry, I'll make a pit stop at your place and push you in your wheel chair to see my new ride...:biggrin:

I'm amazed by this one. About 99% of your guys don't care for the FR layout, so why do you guys even bother to bitch and moaning about when this car is going to com out?:tongue: :eek: :rolleyes: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

By the time they come out with this car ill probably have grand kids ready to drive and will probably be retired from honda/acura by then! (im 27 btw!)

According to a Honda spokesperson, it has nothing to do with the car not being ready for the show.

Interesting how they only use the words "Not being ready for the show" and not the words, "Not being ready for production". Sounds like they think they can pull another AASCC show car and think that is enough. Who cares if it is ready for the car show, when will it be ready for production?:rolleyes:

Which is why I'm happy it's postponed. I'm hoping for a revamp & reconfig back to MR layout.

I wouldn't get your hopes up. What I meant in my post about not being surprised is that given where they were in the development cycle for the ASCC, there was no possibility it was going to make it into production for 2009.

HSC + ASCC engine= a winner in everyone's book!

Every two years or so Takeo Fukui gets a Testosterone shot to make up for the lack of the normal male organs that produce that hormone. At such a time of a spike in the said hormonal level in his blood, he starts talking "junk" and starts throwing around speculative ideas of a V10, carbon body, Ferrari-trashing Honda that is about to explode on the scene.:rolleyes: In due time the aforementioned levels of the said hormone start to ebb lower until they disappear and just about that time the bean counters pay him a visit and tell him to shut the ***k up:mad: and shortly thereafter Honda lets it slip that any plans for a replacement for the NSX have yet to be finalized and are under future consideration .....etc. etc.

Well guess what folks, the Fukui hormones are back down to the neutured state and the bean counters just done paid him the visit:rolleyes:

I wrote this a while back and sure enough, it has come true one more time.

wow 2010 or 2011???

by that time...

C7 Z06 will have 600+hp
Viper will have 650-700hp
Ferrari F500 will have 600hp
Porsche 911 Turbo, 600hp
Lamborghini Gallardo, 600hp

wow 2010 or 2011???

by that time...

C7 Z06 will have 600+hp
Viper will have 650-700hp
Ferrari F500 will have 600hp
Porsche 911 Turbo, 600hp
Lamborghini Gallardo, 600hp

Maybe by then we'll also have a 350hp+ Civic, so all will be well. :wink:

Solution call factor-X

$18k - 500hp turbo engine build
$6k - Moton / Ohlins Suspension
$4k - CF seats / Light weight wheels
$2k - Professional Suspension Tuning

For about $30k =
Over 1g lateral and high-10's to low-11's in the 1/4 mi.
Sh*t on anything Honda makes anyway, plus Ferrari's, Lambo's, R8's, Z06s.
costs less cash than driving a new super car off the showroom floor.

I see more 360's than NSX's if I exclude my NSX meets.
A Tastefully modified NSX gets as much attention as Ferrari's anyway so who cares?
Classic Cars are are way classier and cooler anyway.
As the NSX gets older the better garage companion it will become for the BMW 850 CSI I've been looking for.

NSX
- No depreciation
- No waiting
- No competition on the street
- More rare than its successor (Honda's Main Objective will benefit us)

Besides I don't fall in love with every body M3 nor every Ferrari, nor every 911 nor will I be partial to the new NSX.

70-80's 911's don't compare to 99's
65 Shelby Cobras don't compare to other Shelby's
89 BMW M3's don't compare to 02's
68 Vettes don't compare to any other Vette
91 BMW 850's don't compare to M6's

Whether their successors where faster or slower it meant nothing to their history and appeal.
There is nothing honda can do to recreate what made the NSX the legend it has become.
Stay proud keep your NSX and laugh at people who always need the newest hottest fastest cars. Its just making up for lack of unique class.

Anyone with decent taste and class would choose a 70's 911 or 80's Ferrari before showing off in a new Enzo.

Last edited:
Solution call factor-X
A Tastefully modified NSX gets as much attention as Ferrari's anyway so who cares?

There is nothing honda can do to recreate what made the NSX the legend it has become.
Stay proud keep your NSX and laugh at people who always need the newest hottest fastest cars. Its just making up for lack of unique class.

Anyone with decent taste and class would choose a 70's 911 or 80's Ferrari before showing off in a new Enzo.

Amen, brother. :smile:

I give up on that damn thing. Ill just wait until one of you nice gentlemen decide to sell yours at a reasonable price!!

Back