• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX postponed again

I have been listening to the "NSX" replacement rumors since 2000.

If Honda, Acura or whatever wanted to make a replacement they would have. If a car company develops a car with the expectation of selling it they do just that. They bring it to market and sell it.

Honda is doing what every company does, develop concept cars but they are that and nothing more. Excursions into creative designs, not real cars they plan to make.

Honda may want to develop the Acura name into a world market but any one car like the HSC or ASC, or whatever, would be incidental to those plans.

The NSX is a old car that's not made anymore. People will buy them and mod them to death trying to make them on a par with new cars but it will never be a new car again. It is what it is.

In the future say 15-20 years, the NSX will hold a place among cars something like the Ferrari 308 does now. A great car in it's time, born with timeless good looks owned by people who love them for what they were and will not care if it is relevant to the then current new car market.

25 year from now people will still be saying; "what's that"?

They should keep the Honda badges it's a HONDA

pbassjo:

i would not be that negative the NSX was Honda's top sports car and made great PR for the company i think that they will make a new one.
(And how the hell would you then explain those spy shots? new S2000 don't think so!)

this is actually good news. i rather to see them come out with something truly special than all these half ass concepts designed from a guy with pony tails and funky glasses.

Go all the way like they did, or don't go at all.

this is actually good news. i rather to see them come out with something truly special than all these half ass concepts designed from a guy with pony tails and funky glasses.

Go all the way like they did, or don't go at all.

AGREE 100%

Don't give us a POS give us a replacement for our dream car! Something that will shock the sports car world again. 500hp and 3ompg! or close to it!

I will rock my 95 or 97 until it happens and it will happen I have hope!

if it's going to be call NSX, it better live up to the original name plate. We didn't wait all these years and settle for anything less!

com'on now, all these YEARS of hoping and waiting!! what's another year, but don't give us a POS that has no relation to the original car.

that test mule is NO NSX sucessor, it's more suitable to be the next S2000.

...According to a Honda spokesperson, it has nothing to do with the car not being ready for the show....

This line cracks me up, and it totally idiotic. If the car is ready now, unveil it now before people begin to lose interest. Plus, and possibly more importantly, if they wait 4 more year to unleash a car that is done NOW, it will be OUT OF DATE and PAST ITS MODEL CHANGE CYCLE by the time it is launched!! ARGH!! What is with these idiots? I love Honda / Acura cars, well the ones they used to make that were fun, but I fear they have lost their way. I still remember back at NSXPO 1998 when they were discussing the all new NSX that was about to come out 'in a year or two', and here we are almost 10 year later with the same story...only a couple years more added onto their previous lie. :mad:

I really wanted a HSC but the sad part now is that I am looking at other cars and honda is now last on my list since they are not going to make it.

Lotus or a vett is whats next for me. Sorry honda but my money is going away from you. Plus that ugly ASCC is going to be 100k or more LOL give me a brake I would not but that thing for 50K its ugly and lame.

THE FOLLOWING IS A REPOST OF A COMMENT I MADE IN JULY 2004 REGARDING THE THEN HSC

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Is it just me, or is everyone just sick and tired of hypothesizing about the next-gen NSX that most of us are hoping for?

I do not mean to be a party pooper, really, but with all of the back and forth between the car being produced, shelved, hybrid, diesel etc, I JUST CAN"T TAKE IT ANYMORE!!

Is it okay to +1 myself? :mad: :confused:

Just a thought....
The slipping of the intro of the new car could very well be tied into the fact that the Honda wind tunnel programming had a major glitch in it. Go to the F1 website and you'll see Honda is completely redoing their F1 wind tunnel testing because of this problem. Honda F1 drivers are excited because they now have a reason for being slow other than their own driving skills.
The plot thickens...
:wink:
Zap

THE FOLLOWING IS A REPOST OF A COMMENT I MADE IN JULY 2004 REGARDING THE THEN HSC

Is it just me, or is everyone just sick and tired of hypothesizing about the next-gen NSX that most of us are hoping for?

I do not mean to be a party pooper, really, but with all of the back and forth between the car being produced, shelved, hybrid, diesel etc, I JUST CAN"T TAKE IT ANYMORE!!

I will add the +2 for you. :D

I also am sick and tired of it. Actually, I am more mad at Honda for being so stupid to keep pulling this stuff and really alienating their most enthusiastic customer base. :mad:

You're right. We all know it will be a diesel hybrid, making 600 HP, 40 mpg, cost only $50K, be front engined. The ties to the current NSX from Honda's styling department will be carrying over the cassette deck, and the radio antenna, which will be 4 inches longer in the new car. Of course the source of all this information is from our salesmen at the Acura dealers, because they have all the correct information. Mr. Fukui will verify it to be true on months that have 30 days, and deny it on others to keep the competition worried while their supercars are already ready to come to market.

I'm tired of the debate too. I remember when the GTO forum was PO'd when Ford was releasing pics of the new Mustang and GM was simply re-badging an Aussie car for the GTO. THe GTO forum put the Mustang photos on its homepage to protest. Bob Lutz contacted the GTO forum and promised hood scoops and other styling cues to make the new GTO more of a tribute to the original. Perhaps we should put a big pic of a Lexus LF-A on the homepage here!!!?? Nah, Honda wouldn't be able to figure that out. What a shame. :mad:

I'm on my occasional visit back to 'Prime and read this thread.

As a former owner of an NA1 for 8 years, I'm sad to hear of yet another Gen 2 NSX delay. However I have to ask why so many people are still surprised and why so many people are still holding their breath?

Prior to 1 year and 3 months ago, I owned nothing but Honda cars since my first '85 Civic EX Hatch. Last year I got tired of the wait, took a look at the Honda lineup, and realized they had nothing left for me. At the time, my S2000 was 5 years old and my NSX was 14 years old and neither had a replacement in sight. I felt like Honda had left me.

After almost 20 years of die-hard loyalty to Honda, I decided to move on. Once my wife feels a need to change from her Pilot, I'm buying her a BMW X3 or X5. I still have a CBR600 , a Master's Series Lawnmower, generator, and powerwasher. As for their cars, I'm done. :frown:

They should call it whatever they want to call it. I never understood this widespread rebellion against the A. Is it really so bad?

Yeah, why rebrand your own product to sell back to your own people? I wouldn't be too happy is someone tried to sell me a pontiac instead of monaro!:biggrin:

Back