• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Nsx-r Gt

hello all, been visiting this site over and over for the past few years to relieve my love affair with the NSX. i dont own one yet as funds have been a little slow and things keep coming up that keep me from making it happen...i did settle for a brand-new ITR in 2001, not too shabby. but now, its an obsession that im seriously working towards so i too can share and post pics of my car with you good folks. its so hard to see an NSX in person on the road. its as if im looking at the love of my life...in the arms of someone else :redface:

anyway, after flipping thru pics again today, my fascination got me wondering about what ended up happening with the fabled 5 GTs released in japan a few years ago. did they end up in possession of corporate heads racing them or garage queens seeing the sun once a year from their lucky owners? i had a fantasy of owning a GT should my plans of success every follow thru, but im willing to "settle" for a mint low-mileage original as soon as possible. :biggrin: im just curious if anyone knows whatever happened to the most exclusive NSX ever built

Until I see an actual photo, and not some air-brushed art, I'm going to say that it doesn't exist. Nobody produces/buys a car that costs half-a-million dollars and doesn't take one single photo of it (at the very least). No display of the car anywhere, ever.

2005_Honda_NSX-R_GT_E-640.jpeg

Not sure what the production numbers were. But I think at least one might have been produced. It was discussed on a previous thread that I am too retarded to locate. :rolleyes: :biggrin:

Until I see an actual photo, and not some air-brushed art, I'm going to say that it doesn't exist. Nobody produces/buys a car that costs half-a-million dollars and doesn't take one single photo of it (at the very least). No display of the car anywhere, ever.

Some how I doubt Honda will make up a story regarding the NSX-R GT. The validation of production has to be proven to the JGTC organization before the NSX can compete beyond 2005/6 Season.

But I am surprised by the fact that there are no pictures of it any where. But than again, everything is based on Speculation or individual interpretation.

I'm thinking that there must have been some loophole in the rulebook when they set up the GT series that allowed Honda to champion the NSX for a few years even though it is not in production. The car was most likely a homologation special, of which (I'm guessing) at least five needed to be built, but most likely went out the door with the standard widebody racecar body. What we see is a mock-up of a car with the dimensions that they needed to create new-spec bodywork. Basically, a streetcar rendered to the GT specs- wider, longer, and higher.

The five may have been sold with race team factory support packages, the cars valued at $500,000 each in the multi-million contract.

Autobacs
Raybrig
Takata
Epson
Rolling Stone

Of course, I am just guessing, and it may well have been actually produced like the limited edition Lambo, but we have not seen any evidence anywhere. It's a small net, after all.

More than happy to be proved wrong on this one...

$$$ REWARD FOR PICTURES!

I seriously believe that this is about all the thinking that went into the design, it was then air-brushed onto life size photographic prints of the car by an artist and reshot for the "sales brochure".

4723nsxrgt_blueprint1.jpg

http://www.nextage.info/blog/archives/2007/03/images/s1173610708.jpg

http://www.supercars.net/cars/3148.html

I duno why this car puts out 86.88 bhp per litre, I think the guy that wrote this up is mistaken ?

submitted by Richard Owen
price $470 000 USD
engine C32B Inline-6
position Mid Longitudinal
aspiration Natural
valvetrain Belt-Driven DOHC, 4 Valves per Cyl w/VVT
fuel feed Electronic Fuel Injection
displacement 3179 cc / 194.0 cu in
bore 93 mm / 3.66 in
stroke 78 mm / 3.07 in
compression 10.2:1
power 206 kw / 276.2 bhp @ 7300 rpm
specific output 86.88 bhp per litre
bhp/weight 217.48 bhp per tonne
torque 304 nm / 224.2 ft lbs @ 5300 rpm
redline 8000
body / frame Aluminum Monocoque w/Carbon Fib?er Hood
driven wheels RWD w/LSD
front tires 215/40R17 Bridgestone Potenza R070
rear tires 215/40R17 Bridgestone Potenza R070
front brakes Vented Discs w/Specially Developed ABS
rear brakes Vented Discs w/Specially Developed ABS
steering Rack & Pinion
f suspension Double Wishbones w/torion Bars,
wheelbase 2530 mm / 99.6 in
front track 1510 mm / 59.4 in
rear track 1540 mm / 60.6 in
length 4430 mm / 174.4 in
width 1810 mm / 71.3 in
transmission 6-Speed Manual
gear ratios 3.066:1, 1.956:1, 1.428:1, 1.125:1, 0.914:1, 0.717:1, :1
final drive 4.235:1
top speed 280 kph / 174.0 mph
drag 0.32 Cd

www4.plala.or.jp/kazpage/20050115_001.jpg

http://images.google.com/imgres?img...um=1&hl=en&rls=RNWO,RNWO:2006-46,RNWO:en&sa=N

一番印象に残った車 NSX-R GT選手権マシンプロト
  HONDA魂の象徴?
  2005年F1での復活勝利を祈っています

Also Nsx-GT nice
http://forums.dieselstation.com/index.php?showtopic=16284&hl=

Attachments

• rgt.JPG
    rgt.JPG
    29.4 KB · Views: 447
  • srgt.JPG
    srgt.JPG
    34.9 KB · Views: 506
Last edited:
13449NSX_R_GT_Page_II.jpg

13449NSX_R_GT_Page_3.jpg

13449NSX-R_GTCover_Page.jpg

13449NSX_R_GT_Spec.jpg

Vancehu, I made this rear valence kinda reminds of the NSX-R-GT but I like mine better.:biggrin:

Attachments

• myrera.JPG
    myrera.JPG
    72.3 KB · Views: 964
If I am not mistaken I have seen a Best Motoring clip with the NSX-R GT where the GT was (only) slightly faster than the standard NSX-R.

As far as the specs at the supercar-site are concerned, there are several mistakes there. Obviously, the person putting on these numbers knows little to nothing about the NSX.

The C32B is NOT a Inline-6 engine, it's a V6
It is NOT mounted Longitudinal, but traversely mounted
And although it does have VVT, us guys call it VTEC, which is definately something else than most VVT-systems.
Officially, the NSX-R engine might make 280 HP (276.2 bhp), in reality this engine makes up to 40 Hp more.
The original NSX-R weighs less than 1287 kg, so I would suspenct that the GT version would even weigh less (more CF-parts).
Last, the rear tires are, of course, not 215/40R17 Bridgestone Potenza R070 but a bit more fatter than than.

A friend of mine in Japan confirmed that they were built and delivered to some very lucky people. He has a very close relationship with Honda and the NSX team. I'll see if I can get some actual pictures.

Hey Vance looks like my brochure :)

actual pics in person would be fantastic...these white unicorns are more elusive than i thought. after 3 years of owning one, how can you not show it off atleast once or twice, even to a formal Honda event or gathering?

How was Route-KS able to make replica bumpers, etc? Did they "eyeball" it or did they create a mold off the real deal?

suzuka_p.jpg

rgt_p.jpg

i heard that the scoop is just for looks, you can see that its not attached to anything under that glass.

Which makes it even more absurd because that's the ugliest part!

i heard that the scoop is just for looks, you can see that its not attached to anything under that glass.

That's an easy fix. If you can afford half a mill, it shouldn't hurt you financially by spend another $15k on ITB, parts and tunning, which will make the snorkel functional.

In fact, just do the whole TODA JGTC 3.5 stroker kit for another $50 grand, then you really have a road going JGTC car:biggrin:

Which makes it even more absurd because that's the ugliest part!

Yeh a Diablo GT or SV upper scoop would look less herculian and more apolian.

Attachments

• Diablo Gt.JPG
    Diablo Gt.JPG
    57.1 KB · Views: 781
im sure you can build that car for less then 100k...

for 500k, why the lack of power?

So if a NA2 NSX-R is going for $150k in Japan "used," you can built one for less than $100k?:confused: :confused: :confused:

Last time I checked, Honda did not offer a S2KR-GT, or Integra R GT:biggrin: :tongue:

I don't have a scanner, but one of the honda life magazine had the real life pics of the car in a city.

I don't know how to read Japanese so I don't really know what was it about.

I don't have a scanner, but one of the honda life magazine had the real life pics of the car in a city.

I don't know how to read Japanese so I don't really know what was it about.
Use your digital camera, take a large pixel photo. I'll translate it for you:smile:

Back