• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX-R in Best Motoring 2006 July

Different colors of NSX-R at NSX Fiesta 2006:

Click on thumbnails for a larger image.

Custom Order Lime Green:

Yellow:

Long Beach Blue:

Berlina Black:

Red & Championship White:

For those that wanted to see full size original resolution of the images, you can find them here:

http://www.nsxprime.com/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=829

Click on the thumbnails to get the medium image, then on the medium image to get full size.

Last edited:
Me like...

4265DSC_1633ps-med.JPG

Vancehu said:
Me like...

4265DSC_1633ps-med.JPG

I think I want a NSX just like this one :eek: I'm never tired of looking at NSX... The greatest car ever from Japan, period!

More pictures of this car, anyone?

WingZ said:
But Vance the wheels aren't white:biggrin:

Guys does it matter? The thing with the NSX-R is that you can get so many options that it can look pretty much as you like.

I guess my is as close as it can get... But still a "T"

NSX-R Shift Knob & Honda Cassette Door
13449DSC00719.jpg

Downforce CF Type R Hood Replica with Candy Clear Coat
13449DSC00722-med.jpg

Front View with JDM NSX-R Hood, with NSX-R Rims and R Suspension; the factory suspention lowered the car by 0.7 inch. Also installed are the NSX-R Front chassis bars, Sway bar, Zanardi rear Sway bar. The handling of the car is very sharp, all the "understeer" is gone. In fact, this car is almost AP1 S2K like.
13449DSC00457.jpg

My latest Type-R addition, front lower flat aero kit. The front ground clearance is even lower with the aero kit set lower than the lip.
13449NA2_Type_R_Front_Bottom_Aero_Upgrade.jpg

NSX-R Spoiler Replica by Downforce. Peter did a wonderful job. Top rated quality
13449Candy_coat.jpg

13449R_WING.jpg

Mike at MV Design… Candy/Smoke Clear coat, you can see the CF weave disappears at night.
13449R_WING_II.jpg

NSX-R Door Emblem
13449DSC00452.jpg

NSX-R Door Sill Plate. My greatest respect for Mother Goose
13449DSC00454.jpg

NSX – R GT ready to race around the mesh engine cover. That is one car I will never be able to get…
13449DSC00473.jpg

Rear View with Procar CF NSX-R Diffuser replica
13449DSC00462-med.jpg

Mugen AIS
13449AIS.jpg

The Type R/S mesh engine cover is hard to get already, but the little support arm is even harder.
13449DSC00481-med.jpg

The mesh engine cover should have been an OEM parts on all NSXs, to expo one of the best engine in the world
13449Mesh_cover.jpg

NSX-R Gauge Replica... Too bad the shifting lights are dummies. Cool thing is, it's for the USDM standard with MPH
13449DSC00581-med.jpg

The blue tip is one major trade mark of Titanium exhaust. Work of Art.
13449DSC00319.jpg

Fujitsubo Header with Test pipes
13449DSC00626.jpg

13449DSC00631_1.jpg

Interior View from Passenger Side
With JDM NSX-R Recaro CK seat
13449DSC00717-med.jpg

13449DSC00715-med.jpg

13449DSC00713-med.jpg

13449DSC00714-med.jpg

Type R suspension. Gan San's Nurburgring special
13449Suspension.jpg

Last edited:
Hehehe, nice pics!

NSX-R Doorsill plate - Where did you have that made? Looks pretty close to OEM!

Splitting hairs....

NA2 NSX-R cassette door only says "BOSE", as opposed to "Honda BOSE"
NA2 NSX-R wheels will say "NSX-R" on the lip, unless it's something you removed.

:biggrin:

AR99NSX said:
Guys does it matter? The thing with the NSX-R is that you can get so many options that it can look pretty much as you like.

That was purely meant as a joke as Vance has gone further than anyone else on the board. :biggrin: See big smiley face means someones kidding:wink:

Ben said:
Hehehe, nice pics!

NSX-R Doorsill plate - Where did you have that made? Looks pretty close to OEM!

Splitting hairs....

NA2 NSX-R cassette door only says "BOSE", as opposed to "Honda BOSE"
NA2 NSX-R wheels will say "NSX-R" on the lip, unless it's something you removed.

:biggrin:

The cassette door was implanted with your recommandation from a Accord. The Type R rims, I don't know why they didn't come with the stickers. but they weren't new when I got them, they were take offs. Door sills, JDM OEM bought from Dali racing, baby!!!!

nsxsupra said:
Don't be jealous man, I sense some serious jealousy going on with some of the recent threads:tongue:

You know you want to do the conversion, don't find excuses to make yourself feel better:biggrin:

All joke aside, you already got an 05. Vance did had 2 sets of wheels, only guy crazy enough to buy 2 sets lol.

1 US spec oem painted white and 1 set of championship white NSX-R wheels. The first set is now sold to another local NSXer, I missed out on that set by 2 days. This one might be the only real NSX-R wheel in America. Other ones are just painted heavier OEM wheels. They looks the same from appearance, but they are different in weight.

RyanITV's car was confirmed to have the second set in the US. So officially, there are two sets. The numbers matched. My is the only one still in Championship white.

Vancehu said:
The cassette door was implanted with your recommandation from a Accord. The Type R rims, I don't know why they didn't come with the stickers. but they weren't new when I got them, they were take offs. Door sills, JDM OEM bought from Dali racing, baby!!!!

'93 Accord SE Cassette Door matches for 1991-2001, and USDM 2002-2005. My recent survey of 2002-2005 Type-R shows that they changed it. Why? I have no idea, as it's a seemingly insignificant change. But, as I said, it's spliiting hairs that that point. :)

nsxsupra said:
Don't be jealous man, I sense some serious jealousy going on with some of the recent threads:tongue:

You know you want to do the conversion, don't find excuses to make yourself feel better:biggrin:

All joke aside, you already got an 05. Vance did had 2 sets of wheels, only guy crazy enough to buy 2 sets lol.

1 US spec oem painted white and 1 set of championship white NSX-R wheels. The first set is now sold to another local NSXer, I missed out on that set by 2 days. This one might be the only real NSX-R wheel in America. Other ones are just painted heavier OEM wheels. They looks the same from appearance, but they are different in weight.

Hahaha, I'm simply posting the results of my findings after attending NSX Fiesta 2006. NSX-R is nice, but I really do use and enjoy the creature comforts that NSX-R deletes. NSX-R isn't for everyone, myself included.

I'm actually in the process of getting some of the OEM gunmetal wheels over, as I think it matches my car better than the original silver wheels. :)

Ben said:
Hahaha, I'm simply posting the results of my findings after attending NSX Fiesta 2006. NSX-R is nice, but I really do use and enjoy the creature comforts that NSX-R deletes. NSX-R isn't for everyone, myself included.

I'm actually in the process of getting some of the OEM gunmetal wheels over, as I think it matches my car better than the original silver wheels. :)

Ben, can you shoot me a PM about how to attend the Fiesta? I want to go next year:smile:

Thanks

nsxsupra said:
Here you go, this is self explanatory:biggrin: In case others are interested.

Next year should be around sametime. Late October, application submission accepted at Honda dealerships beginning early August ending on September 9th.

■参加資格/NSXオーナー&ご同伴者様
■車両資格/保安基準適合のNSX
8月上旬 開催概要、コース内容、参加費用などのご案内(Honda販売会社、本ホームページ)
8月上旬~9月8日(金) 参加申込期間(Honda販売会社店頭にて受付)
10月中旬 お申込販売会社より参加資料お届け

Unfortunately, because of an incident during the 1998 Fiesta, foreigners aren't allowed to attend w/o being invited and sponsored by a Japanese host, so you can't register through the normal channels. As of last month, there was still some uncertainty whether there would be a 2007 event or not, but I'm pretty sure there will be.

Vance, you have PM.

Ben said:
Unfortunately, because of an incident during the 1998 Fiesta, foreigners aren't allowed to attend w/o being invited and sponsored by a Japanese host, so you can't register through the normal channels. As of last month, there was still some uncertainty whether there would be a 2007 event or not, but I'm pretty sure there will be.
You mean accompanied by a Japanese NSX owner? I did post this section above.

They only listed 2 requirements, you either have to be NSX owner In Japan or accompanied by a NSX owner in Japan I assume. Are there other rules or restrictions? This rule is very reasonable.

If there are other restrictions then I don't see why Honda would be an jackass like that. It is not likely for a large # of foreign NSX owners to buy a flight ticket take time off during late October and attend anyway.

■参加資格/NSXオーナー&ご同伴者様.

nsxsupra said:
You mean accompanied by a Japanese NSX owner? I did post this section above.

They only listed 2 requirements, you either have to be NSX owner In Japan or accompanied by a NSX owner in Japan I assume. Are there other rules or restrictions? This rule is very reasonable.

If there are other restrictions then I don't see why Honda would be an jackass like that. It is not likely for a large # of foreign NSX owners to buy a flight ticket take time off during late October and attend anyway.

■参加資格/NSXオーナー&ご同伴者様.

Yes, that's exactly it. You have to get a Japanese owner to invite you, and sponsor you to attend. I suppose that's so if you do anything you aren't supposed to, the Japanese owner is responsible.

The Japanese owner has to register and do all the legwork for you. You can't do it yourself.

MACHINE
Machine Name ARTA NSX

Base Model Honda NSX R-GT
Machine Specifications
Model Type NA2
Length × Width 4610 mm × 1900 mm
Weight 1100 kg
Wheelbase 2530 mm
Track (F/R) 1678 mm / 1660 mm
Transmission HEWLAND 6-speed sequential
Clutch AP C/C 5.5" 4plate
F: Suspension Double Wishbone with pushrods and inboard dampers
R: Double Wishbone with pushrods and inboard dampers
Brake
F: ALCON
R: ALCON
Tire Bridgestone
F: 330/40-R18
R: 330/40-R18
Wheel Rays
F: 13J × 18
R: 13J × 18
Engine Specifications
Engine Model C32B
Engine Type V6 NA (Longitudial-mounted)
Displacement 3494 cc
Bore × Stroke - mm × - mm
Air Restrictor 30.3 mm × 2
Maximum Power 500 ps over / - rpm
Maximum Torque 60 kg-m over / - rpm
Lubricant MOBIL
Engine Tuner / Maintenance
Engine Tuner M-TEC
Maintenance DOME

What engine mods have been done to get that much HP out of that engine? I see it's been enlarged to 3.4L. What else?

Back