• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX-R in Gothham Racing 2, Xbox.

1069681334.jpg

Pretty cool. This is a brand new game.

Randy,
you are the master in gaming.....lets put something out that knocks everyone out!!!! Randy is gonna knock you OUT!! BAM!! :D

FuryNSX said:
Wow, nice shot!!

But still not enough to make me want to get an XBox.......yet.

-Randy

I think I just got sold on the X-box . . .

Is PGII an X-box live game?

Oh, yes Project Gotham Racing 2 is an Xbox Live game. Not only can you kick booty on Live, but you can also look at the top times in the world for any given race, download the ghosts of the top racers, and take them on!

The game has received the following reviews:
Gamespy.com: 5/5
Games Domain: 5/5
IGN: 9.5/10
OXM: 9.4/10
Game Zone: 9.8/10
Team Xbox: 4.9/5

If you're looking for a great racing game, I'd highly recommend it. The graphics are great, gameplay is a lot of fun, and it has the NSX-R and 911 GT3 :)

Disclaimer: I work at Microsoft in the Xbox Sports team, although I didn't work on PGR2. Regardless, this game is a blast.

FuryNSX said:
Wow, nice shot!!

But still not enough to make me want to get an XBox.......yet.

-Randy

I too am playing this game on X-Box, amazing, tons of super cars, Enzo, F40, F50, 959, NSX-R is in there too, M3, 911 GT3, tons of super cars, and every car's engine sounds different, the sound of F355 in this game is so amazing.

X-Box is a must have if you like games, trust me, I have 2 Playstation 2 systems (Japanese system and US system), never thought I would ever buy a X-Box , just pick up X-box two weeks ago, I am really enjoying Project Gotham 2, Halo, Shenmue 2, Sega GT2002, and many of the older games can be bought used from $5.99~$20, I got the Shenmue 2 for $12, and it is easily one of the best RPG ever, Sega GT2002 (almost as good as GT3) at $5.99.

At $179 for a brand new X-box with 2 free games, you can't go wrong, I felt I already got far more than my money worth with project gotham 2 alone, no other racing game give you this kind of experience.

Only problem I have now is finding free time to play, which is painfully tough.

Kirthasa said:
Oh, yes Project Gotham Racing 2 is an Xbox Live game. Not only can you kick booty on Live, but you can also look at the top times in the world for any given race, download the ghosts of the top racers, and take them on!

The game has received the following reviews:
Gamespy.com: 5/5
Games Domain: 5/5
IGN: 9.5/10
OXM: 9.4/10
Game Zone: 9.8/10
Team Xbox: 4.9/5

If you're looking for a great racing game, I'd highly recommend it. The graphics are great, gameplay is a lot of fun, and it has the NSX-R and 911 GT3 :)

Disclaimer: I work at Microsoft in the Xbox Sports team, although I didn't work on PGR2. Regardless, this game is a blast.

What about EGM scores?

We need to donate a site/thread/something so that us NSX owners can play each other head on on X-Box Live. I'd like to pit my drifting Kudos skills against some of you corner biters!:D

Anyone have any more screen shots with the Type R?????

X-Box is a must have if you like games, trust me,

I like games and I definitely don't feel that the X-Box is a must have system. Since X-Box's launch, I've only considered one game a must-have...Halo.

As is, I own more games than I have time to play on my PS2 (not to mention a few on the Gamecube).

How does the control of Project Gotham Racing 2 compare to the original? I didn't like the controls of the original, but thought the graphics were pretty good.

PGR2 definitely looks great, but, like Randy said, it's not enough to convince me to buy an X-Box. I'd rather save the $179 and put it towards GT4 and the Logitech Driving Force Pro (both of which had better come out early next year).

Anyone have any more screen shots with the Type R?????

I posted this shot from PGR2 back in June:

vortal_pic_100158.jpg

xbox halo alone has kept me happy with the xbox, i dont even miss the ps2, with grand theft auto and need for speed underground out also, im a happy boy. Xbox definately a must have system.....

ajnsx said:
i dont even miss the ps2

Exactly. The only reason I haven't put the PS2 on Ebay is GT4, which better come out soon and it better be good. I just don't see any other PS2 exclusives out there that I have to buy. Given the choice I'd rather buy the same game on my Xbox platform, it usually has perks such as better graphics, hdtv support, and Dolby5.1. Sony better get off their butts with the PSX, because the future is online and Xbox Live kicks Sony's ass there.

akira3d said:
PGR2 definitely looks great, but, like Randy said, it's not enough to convince me to buy an X-Box. I'd rather save the $179 and put it towards GT4 and the Logitech Driving Force Pro (both of which had better come out early next year).
Eric,

Funny that you should mention that. I was starting to consider an XBox for myself this Christmas season, but then I was at my newphew's house this weekend, and he was unable to play MechAssault/Warrior/Whatever it's called on the XBox. He was going to play 2 vs. 2 (in seperate rooms), but needed to download some sort of firmware update (?) or whatnot before he could play. They didn't even bother and instead decided to leave and go play miniature golf.

My feeling is that a console game shouldn't require crap like that.

Consoles are all about popping in a game and freakin' PLAYING!!!!

-Randy

I still think the marquee game for the X-Box is Splinter Cell. It's the best game I've ever played, period.

The original PGR was one of my favorite games on the the XBOX.

Sure, it doesn't have perfect physics, but the gameplay elements really keep you coming back and trying to beat your previous scores and unlocking new cars.

PGR2 is also really good and I the Xbox Live stuff is cool.

I'm Tim97NSX on Xbox live.

Soooooo does PGR2 have a cheat code that unlocks all the cars and tracks like PGR1 had? I'm going to have a few days over X-mas and I don't want to spend it driving a MR2 and Viper.

Anybody tried playing NEED FOR SPEED "Hot Pursuit 2" ? It's a PC version - I usually play online - multiplayer. COOL graphics - almost real to me...Sounds is awesome! But the only thing is they didnt have the NSX....darn..

PGr2 is must have

Pgr2 strikes a very good balance of sim and arcade racer. It doesnt' beat you up like GT3. You can jump in and have fun.

I am almost finished with the Ultimate tier, kicking ass with the Enzo and Carerra GT.

I've only played multiplayer via xlink tunneling, will give live a try after the winter holidays.

As a party game, it was great fun playing 4 players simultaneously split screen on a 57" Widescreen. The wives even had a blast.

Sadly our beloved NSX-R is sadly outclassed by the competition in it's Track Specials Tier. The Ferrari Challenge Stradale and the Noble M12 are the cars to have for the fast Nurburgging sections.

Bizzare have finally redeemed themselves for the craptitude that was Metropolis Street Racer and the original PGR

A must have for the racing sim enthusiast.

How did i miss this thread?!?! :confused:

That's a lovely NSX-R pix by Akira... but an NSX-R in Moscow? :rolleyes: fantasy?

<B>jagtiger</B> : NFS : HP2 is great... i love the lime-green Murcielago. :cool: My disappointments were the physics-engine lacked realism, and once u worked that the best car was the CLK-GTR, the other cars were useless in multiplayer. Plus there was no ricing/stickers like in Underground. :D

<B>NSXocto</B> : lol... let's hope no MR2/Viper fans read your comments. ;)

pgr2 and xbox live

Barring a more formal 'league' or whatever,
If you guys are playing PGR2 on xbox live, we can just add each others gamertags to the friends list.

Mine is racerfab

See you on live.

-Fabian
91 BBSC

you guys might have real nsx's, but all those hours of track time wont help you on here, it would be pretty cool if we could get an 8 man nsx r race, i dont really have an nsx just the one i use in this game, its the only way i can get my nsx THRILLS, lets see if your real nsx driving skills can help you beat my virtual skills

xbox live handle:
the devious one

we should definetly set up an 8 player race on the nurienburg track, you have to unlock it , i happen to have it, whoever wins the race then gets the track .

i've always been a gran turismo guy, and that is (just like sabashioyaki) the reason i keep my ps2 is waiting for gt4. but, with what's been said about gotham racing, esp with the live, it might be the thing to push me to purchase a xbox.

I'd be more interested in getting an Xbox if MS hadn't basically killed the second-party racing title I was working on, after stringing us along unpaid for six months. That led to the demise of the company and the not-so-coincidental-I'd-say hiring of some of our people to work on PGR2.

Oh, and being second-party, they got to keep a copy of all of our source code, too, which is another interesting coincidence, as I've seen some stuff in PGR2 that indicates they used some of our tricks.

Me, bitter? Noooo.

:mad:

Back