• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX-R in Gothham Racing 2, Xbox.

From what I've read in various sources, GT4 will have online play, and could "possibly" include elements of street racing (according to a recent article in Motor Trend). It will supposedly be out the 1st of May.

I've got an PS2, Gamecube, and Xbox, and they're all good systems, but I prefer the PS2 the most out of any of them. (overall, individually of course they have their strengths).

PS2 although harder to mod than an Xbox, is more rewarding because you don't have to deal with Xbox live checking if you have a modded console or not.

Granted Xbox's now come with chips you can turn off for Live, if you ever screw that up, say goodbye to your Xbox Live subscription (this includes your kids turning it on, your kids friends, your wife, your houseguests... etc) Plus you'd have to buy ever game you wanted to play on Live.

For PS2 its just burned game galore. And online play galore.

And while Xbox has Splinter Cell and Halo, PS2 has online play for NFS:U, and had the Grand Theft Auto locked down until recently, and also has Square (which means the entire Final Fantasy Line)...

Like I said I have an xbox, its just a dilemma now between buying live and getting just 3-4 games I like to play online OR buying a modchip and about 40 games I like to play single player. Both options cost the same...

mft squashing game

Aiken Drum, yours is an intriguing story. Can you tell us what was the working name of that title? Wasn't the Lamborghini game was it?

Rubber Chicken, I really don't think you should be bragging about your game acquiring reasons for owning the various systems. At the very least, you're not going to make friends with game developers (like myself) who assume people actually do BUY what we spend so many man hours and dollars producing.

BTW, I picked up an Xbox last week to evaluate some games. Unfortunately, those games don't include PGR2 or Halo...and I have so many other games I need to finish first that I likely won't play them until much later this year.

akira3d said:
Rubber Chicken, I really don't think you should be bragging about your game acquiring reasons for owning the various systems. At the very least, you're not going to make friends with game developers (like myself) who assume people actually do BUY what we spend so many man hours and dollars producing.

BTW, I picked up an Xbox last week to evaluate some games. Unfortunately, those games don't include PGR2 or Halo...and I have so many other games I need to finish first that I likely won't play them until much later this year.

Wasn't one of our NSX member get thrown into jail for something similar?(i.e. software pirating).

Anyway, I just got on xbox live with PGR2 and it's addicting. If anyone is on, hit me up...my user ID is "ak nsx" :)

akira3d said:

I wasn't bragging about anything. Getting a console modded is easy, who would brag about that anyway? :confused:

One topic in this thread was Xbox vs PS2, and I gave my opinion on them. Its not illegal to burn games if you have the original copy either... never said I didn't own the original copies.

Anyways, I'm a Georgia Tech graduate, and a lot of my friends who were CS majors have gone on to be Software Developers, and some Game Developers. I'm still friends with them, and in fact they've been over to my place many a time, and played backups with me, and its never been an issue.

Here let me put your mind at ease: "I have the original copies of every burned game I have." Feel better now?

... only the NSX forum. I swear.

Oh well, don't mean to highjack the thread.

Yaaay, I like Xbox's, I like PS2's, I like Gamecubes.

ak said:
Wasn't one of our NSX member get thrown into jail for something similar?(i.e. software pirating).

Yes.

Because of owning an NSX? or having anything to do with being a member of an online NSX forum, or anything he said or did on this online forum? No.

Hmmm...I'm not a gamer nor am I skilled with anything computer-wise. With that kind of background, I'm wondering why burn a game that you already have in the first place? It's like making a VHS copy of a DVD movie you own.

Well, it doesn't make sense to me anyway.

No, it is like making a DVD copy of a DVD you own. The quality is the same...

A legit reason is a "backup". Another is having two X-BOX in two different houses and not wanting to move the games around (as long as you do not use both copies together, that would be illegal).

The only reason I would ever mod a console is to get around a territorial lockout so I could play imports. For instance, I own GT4 Prologue (but, since I have access to PS2 debug units at work, I have no reason to mod my PS2).

That said, I can see someone justifying making backups...kids (and some adults) aren't exactly careful when loading and ejecting CDs or DVDs from their players/consoles. And there's more reason to do so if you travel a lot with your games.

I just think "ease of modding" should not be a consideration when choosing a console, nor should it be promoted as such. It sends the wrong message.

The 'Ring

It shoudl be easy to have the best NSX-R time on the 'Ring. No one else wants to play the NSX-R. :(

However, last night AK NSX and I had some fun on xbox live. We had an impromptu NSX only races. I hosted a game with class and car restriction with the only allowed being the NSX-R. At first it was just me and him, but soon others jumped in. The fact that they were ghosted tells you they haven't seen fit to spend their Kudos Tokens on it.

It got to be alot of fun. I would love to have other Prime members in a NSX-R race. Tim I'll add you to my friends list tonight.

From the looks of it, comparing to other clips on the net it looks authentic, even the graffiti is there.

Heck if you havent' yet unlocked the full Ring, we'll let you win so you can have it available <g>

-Fabian
91 BBSC
xb live gamertag - racerfab

I just got enough tokens to unlock the NSX-R on PGR2 on the xbox,
and in my opinion, owning the NSX, and playing with the NSX-R on the xbox, I feel that the PGR car doesn't handle as well as it does in real life...even though it gets awesome handling scores in the video game... of course, I'm driving my RL car at speeds much less than in the video game...

what are your guys thoughts?

Back