• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Sourcing NSX-R parts

I'm looking at acquiring an NSX but wanted to see what kind of availability is out there for NSX parts, in particular for the R. For example, the shift boot, steering wheel, etc.

Are these kind of parts basically from people that bought them years ago? Does Honda still make any of these parts?

IIRC, Honda Japan still makes the shift boot but not the steering wheel.

Most of them are from folks that bought them many years ago. Generally, any NSX-R part, and those are only available in Japan, can only be ordered with a NSX-R VIN.

Anything that isn't discontinued can be ordered at an affordable price via Amayama. I've ordered most of my OEM parts through them and saved a ton instead of going with a vendor in NA.

Anything that isn't discontinued can be ordered at an affordable price via Amayama. I've ordered most of my OEM parts through them and saved a ton instead of going with a vendor in NA.
With Amayama, Do you just order on the website and pay/ship on there or is there another process involved for ordering here to the U.S?

Most NSX-R parts are still in production (thought the supply chain is starting to thin out) and can be ordered from Japanese vendors like Amayama or MITA. The rule about a NSX-R VIN was only in place while the NSX-R was in production. Since the car was discontinued, anybody can order the parts.

Interesting... googled Amayama and they're located in Australia. Looks like next time I'm in Sydney I have a new place to visit.

Interesting... googled Amayama and they're located in Australia. Looks like next time I'm in Sydney I have a new place to visit.
Amayama is based in Osaka, Japan. They may have a satellite facility in AUS, though.

Back