• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX/S2000 Drive in Arkansas Oct18/19

Here is the information about the drive that the S2000 Group is putting on that we are invited to attend. This one maybe be a little early before the leaves change. There is also a possiblity of one in early Nov when the leaves are at the peak.

Jim

Attached are two maps. One of the route in Ok. and the other the route in Ar. I have noted the location of the Walmart Store where we will meet at 10:00 AM Saturday morning.
Saturday schedule details listed below:
1. Leave the Walmart parking lot at 10:15 AM heading north on HWY 259.
2. Turn off of HWY 259 at the entrance of Beavers Bend State Park.
3. Tour park, eat lunch at the park restaurant. Approximate time one hour.
4. Resume travel from park on HWY 259 north to the intersection of HWY 259 and HWY 63. Take HWY 63 west to Talihina, Ok. Proceed north from Talihina on HWY 271 to the intersection of HWY 1 which is the beginning of the Talimena Trail.
5. Proceed east on the Talimena Scenic Trail (HWY1) to Queen Wilimena Inn at the end of the route. Stop for visit and scenery view. Approximately one hour.
6. Proceed from Talimena Inn one HWY 1 to Mena. Gas up time if needed.
7. From Mena, proceed to Waldron, Ar as indicated on the attached drawing.
8. Waldrom Motels check in.
a. Cypress Barn Lodge, 660 Frankie Mathew Drive, phone 479-637-3451, Rate $39.00 per night double occupancy.
b. Southern Nights Motel, HWY 71 Bypass, phone 479-637-4851, Rate $39.00 per night, double occupancy.
c. Coachman's Inn, HWY 71 Bypass, phone 479-637-4157, rate $38.00 per night, double occupancy.
9. Meet at the Cypress Restaurant at 7:00 PM for dinner. Located on the HWY 71 Bypass.
Sunday schedule listed below:
1. Eat breakfast at 7:00 AM and ready to leave by 8:00 AM.
2. Head north on HWY 71 to the intersection of HWY 71 and HWY 23.
3. Take HWY 23 north east to Booneville, Ar. Gas Stop.
4. From Booneville take HWY 10 east to the intersection of HWY 10 and HWY 109. This is the start of the Magazine Mountain run. We will finish up at Havana, Ar. From this point, we can all go our separate ways. I figure that those in Dallas, East Texas, and North West La. should be home before dark.

Let me know if the aforementioned route and schedule is agreeable. I will also need to know as at least 7 days before the trip approximately how many will attend so I can notify the restaurants. Everyone will need to make their own motel reservations.
Thanks,
Hal

Hal,

The Talimena drive is great. I have camped and fished that area many times.

Since the NW AR drive seems to hv stalled, we might make this one. How many NSXs so far?

I didn't see the maps.
Can you attach or email?

Tks,
Paul

Hey, this is David from the S2000 club. Just check the Northwest Arkansas GTG thread. I've posted a link to all of the maps and details there! We hope to have a good turnout for the S2000's and NSX's!

Back