• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Save the Date - July 13-14, 2019 - TN/NC Mountain Drive

A new regional event for NSX owners in the Southeastern region will take place in July. It will be hosted by Liz and Richard Graves, long time enthusiastic NSX owners. See below the official announcement and agenda for the two day event. Recommended hotel information will follow shortly.

2019 NSXCA SouthEast Region
TN/NC Mountain Drive

AGENDA – Hosted by Liz and Richard Graves

Saturday – July 13th
9:30 – 10:00 am Meet at the Artistic Bean – 8027 East Lamar Alexander Pkwy, Townsend, TN. This meeting point has food and
Shell/Marathon gas available. The meeting time allows for regional travel the morning of without a hotel stay from
Asheville/Atlanta/Charlotte/Nashville ) – all within 4 hours drive time.
10:15 – 12:00 pm NSX group drive starting with the new section of Foothills Pkwy and on to the Tail of the Dragon. Approximately 90+ minute drive time.
12:00 – 1:00 pm Stop for Lunch at the Tapoco Lodge & Grill – 14981 Tapoco Road – Robbinsville, NC
12:30 – 1:30 PM Flexible Departure times for drive on: The Cherohala Skyway/Tellico Plains/Hwy 68. Leaving Tapoco by 2 pm would still
allow for a leisurely drive, stopping to see the mountain views – check into the hotel, shower and prepare for dinner if desired. Optional Drive: More laps on the Tail of the Dragon/US 129/I-140

Map:https://goo.gl/maps/ecCYTyqBrHsBCKSY6

6:00 – 8:00 pm Dinner at the Lakeside Tavern – 10911 Concord Park Dr. – Knoxville, TN Lakeside is not a formal restaurant – “business
casual” is typical and shorts and T-Shirts are totally OK.

Sunday – July 14th
8:00 am Harper Cars & Coffee at West Town Mall – a twice yearly event attracting over 5000 cars – NSX reserved parking

This sounds fun, I spent a whole week in that area last month and had a blast. If you haven't driven it, the new section of parkway is soooo smooth, it's beautiful to drive, the only problem is trying to stick to the speed limit.

Last edited:
Definitely interested in this. I love trips to the Dragon. Been going every year at least once since my first trip there 6 years ago. I went only two weeks after picking up my NSX last year.

I know cell service at the Dragon is spotty at best but anyone know how it is in the parts of TN this will be in? I am on call that weekend for work but I can do everything remotely so I would chance it and go anyways if the reception is decent for at least half the day in case I get called away.

It's bad or non-existent in parts of the area (depending on which cell service you use) such as Fontana Village and the Dragon but ok when you're in Marysville, Robinsville, etc.. Basically in the surrounding areas you have ok service. You'll be going in and out of it so you should be ok, as long as you check your phone once in a while.

As much as I was looking forward to this, my plans have changed so I'll have to pass this year. Have a blast guys and hopefully I'll join you next summer.

RobM

We'll miss you you Robert...see you in DC at NSXPO

Back