• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX Seat Patterns

Hey guys,

I'm traveling right now and have access to great upholstery makers at pretty good prices. I would love to get a pair of seat covers sewn for my car but don't have the patterns or old seat covers on hand to make a new pair.

I know that this is a long shot, but does anyone know where I can get my hands on measurements or patterns that I can hand off to an upholsterer to make a pair of covers for me? Having the car here would be great so that they could see the seats for themselves but unfortunately that's not an option.

Happy to help out the community if this works out!

Asif

Have you consider just buying a set from leatherseats.com? They have them for as little as $650.

I was also considering making a set when I was in China. After reading up on the leatherseat group buy thread, I realized how hard it was to get a good fit.

It is very unlikely that you will get it right on the first try. I'm pretty sure leatherseats.com went through several prototypes before they got the size template correct.

Just something to think about....

Yes, I've thought of this but the chance to save big $ on seats is worth a try if I can get the right patterns. I don't see a current group buy for leatherseats.com but will keep an eye out in case this plan doesn't work out.

Anyone else?

This has been a topic of discussion several times since I've been on Prime and I will say that there is not a seatcover that looks good in my opinion. You might be getting a good deal but what is it worth if the outcome is less than desireable? The only jobs that I've seen on Prime that look good are custom made and installed by a good upholsterer when they have the car and then it looks factory - everything else I've seen I wouldn't have.

Good luck....but I would seriously consider this.

Thanks for all the great advice. I am out of the country so getting the seat cover to me may be difficult. Let's discuss over PM if working out the details is worth it. Later!

Sorry for the hijack, but...if you're going to have custom seat covers made, do something awesome. If I keep my car, I'm getting houndstooth inserts!

P5020046.jpg

Eeeeeks, reminds me of a leisure suit my Dad wore to my high school graduation back in the 70's!

Eeeeeks, reminds me of a leisure suit my Dad wore to my high school graduation back in the 70's!

Nah, that was actually a factory option in Porsche (late 70's/mid 80's) and it seems to be making a comeback.

Assuming you're a young 'un, I suppose you'll find something like these more appealing :smile: :

louis-vuitton-lv-classic-car-seat-cover-limited.jpg

Is this sarcasm, because all of those lights make the car look like a bug.

Oh well...you can't save everyone!

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pMAHxiKhOQc?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pMAHxiKhOQc?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Last edited:
Back