• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX Selling Strategies

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am thinking about selling my NSX. Can members that have recently sold or bought one give me some general advice such as where to list it, payment, and other relevant information? Where do people look when they are trying to track down an NSX and what do they look for? I have not been able to find a post covering this information because everything defaults to cars that are actually for sale.

My NSX is a 1991, manual, black on black, nearly stock with 19,250 miles.

Thanks.

I am looking for general advice on selling strategies based on peoples experiences. I have bought and sold several cars, but they were more mundane, normal cars at lower prices. I am less concerned at this point about the specifics of my NSX and its pricing.

What are the best places to list it? How did you handle payment? How many pictures should I post? What did you look for when buying your NSX? What are the concerns that people have when buying an NSX and what can I do to address those concerns?

Thanks.

What are the best places to list it?
If you want educated enthusiasts, Prime. If you want the general public, eBay, AutoTrader, etc - just be prepared for a barrage of low balling

How did you handle payment?
via a bank is the safest.

How many pictures should I post?
10-15+ Lots of people from out of state will be looking and high res, detailed photos can save a lot of headaches all around so that there aren't surprises when the person finally sees the car.

What did you look for when buying your NSX?
Ownership history, maintenance, stock.

What are the concerns that people have when buying an NSX and what can I do to address those concerns?
That the car will be a money pit due to problematic repairs. Address those concerns with honesty and service records.

The biggest difference is that you will likely be dealing with a much more finicky buyer than a normal car, so things that you overlook when you are buying a used accord will not be overlooked with a NSX. Trying to hide information typically backfires on the seller.

I think the best you can do is be fair with the price and be honest with the history of the car. Whenever I feel I'm being cheated, I never look back. So I think honesty will help sell your car faster and you depart with your NSX feeling better too. Good luck!

Frankie

a two owner car, with less than 20K? As long as you have full documentation of the history and all the service records for everything that you had done to it after sitting for years and years, you should be able to ask a pretty high price for that one, depending on how fast you want to sell it.

Wait, I mean its junk, no one will want it, you should just sell it to me for what you have into it :biggrin:

Niche cars are very easy to sell. Put in on Cars.com, Autotrader and Prime and you're done. Actually, I bet you could sell it with just a free Cars.com ad. People will go out of their way to find you and the car as it is a very specific person that wants a 1991 in 2015.

something tells me its the original timing belt and waterpump

it all about miles not the life of rubber belts mentality

91 with 19K miles should look like cars we have seen..... if the seat bolster says 120K miles and the rock chips and road grim in the fender wells are caked on then the odometer was unplugged all these years

- - - Updated - - -

proof and documents is the only way your gonna get top dollar prob around 45-50K for those miles.

also taking the car to the nearest Acura Dealership and having them ONLY do an Oil change is not considered a full bill of health LOL

seen that recently refused an Oil/change and filter only wanted the receipt for fluid washer refill LOL

something tells me its the original timing belt and waterpump

according to his post in the other thread, it was a lot more than that. As long as there are docs to back it up

It took me a while to find and coordinate with a mechanic, get an emissions exemption, and coordinate transportation. Reliable Carriers carried it to Reliable Automotive in Franklin, TN in mid-March. Dan Hamilton and Mike O’Brian did a ton of work on it: timing belt, water pump, hoses, all the fluids, brake pads, rotors, fuel pump, clutch master and slave cylinders, both window regulators, and a R134 conversion. The speakers/amps are pulled and will ship out to Wisconsin on Monday. The paint is pretty oxidized and has several scratches, but it should come out looking good after a gentle wet sanding and polish. In a nod to 99NCNSX and Steve Gooding, I told my guy I wanted to be able to see Tokyo in the paint when he was done.

Everything is still stock except for StopTech slotted rotors, Hawk HPS pads, Optima battery, and Bosch wiper blades (I could not return them without a receipt - I kept the originals). I had good experience with oemacuraparts.com (Acura of Peoria, AZ). They had great prices and free shipping.

I can't believe this thread.
Selling a car is not nuclear physics.
You read car sales sites like Prime, Auto trader etc. find the info that other sellers put in their ads and copy it.
No one can be this inept if they are literate and have a driver's licence.
How hard can this be?

I think the OP wanted some advance publicity in selling his low mileage car and thought this would be a good way to do it.

You read car sales sites like Prime, Auto trader etc. find the info that other sellers put in their ads and copy it.
How hard can this be?

I think the OP wanted some advance publicity in selling his low mileage car and thought this would be a good way to do it.

BINGO

taking the highest Offer, I'm sure he's getting flooded with offer from prime.

35K Right now. Cash. (Well, I have to go to the bank). But only if you have complete service records. Oh, waitl I'm not in the for-sale forum, am I.

35k right now. Cash. (well, i have to go to the bank). But only if you have complete service records. Oh, waitl i'm not in the for-sale forum, am i.

lol

- - - Updated - - -

How hard can this be?

100% agree mods delete this thread and future for sale ad of this car

lol

- - - Updated - - -

100% agree mods delete this thread and future for sale ad of this car

I recently deleted a similar type thread, as i have in the past, for such reasons. However, after backlash not only from the member who posted such a thread but also other members i reinstated the ad.

Can't keep everyone happy all the time....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back