• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX service in the Seattle area

Ric

Experienced Member
Guys, I am likely moving to Seattle around spring next year, and I am thinking whether I should sell my car or bring it with me to Seattle. I have a ctsc nsx and I know there used to be a primer who used to own a ctsc and a service advisor at lynnwood Acura. I believe he has sold his car and no longer work at lynnwood Acura.

Where do you guys bring your nsx for service?

Thanks.

Zahntech auto in Redmond. Owner has a NSX himself and knows the car front and back. Price is very reasonable compared to dealer. Taken my car multiple times for work

+1 on Zahntech. I had my car into both Acura of Lynnwood and Zahntech multiple times. I have nothing but good things to say about Zahntech. Great guys and good work. Acura of Lynnwood is good too, they have Jon, the lead tech for the NSX. He is great, but the dealer is expensive.

Any top notch experienced Honda or Acura tech can service your NSX. That is one of the wonderful aspects about this supercar. I work at a Honda dealership and one of our master techs does all the work on my 1991. He did the major service including the timing belt/water pump a year ago.

Zahntech (Redmond), Acura of Lynnwood or Speedware Motorsports (Redmond) have the skills to work on the NSX.

Last edited:
I am not really on Prime for business really, but since the question was asked... sound enders or people wanting to make the drive, I own a shop in Auburn, that specializes in Honda/Acura/BMW. It is very true they are relatively uncomplicated to service, like most vehicles from Honda. For people who are interested, would like directions, contact info, or a quote for anything, let me know!

No idea who Charles Hart is but Lynnwood has a guy named John Ly or Lai or whatever and supposedly, hes the NSX guy there. He only works like Tue-Thu tho I believe. I do most of my own work but my door is acting up and Id rather have a dealership responsible for it than keep taking the door apart myself so mine will be at Acura of Lynnwood this coming week.

No idea who Charles Hart is but Lynnwood has a guy named John Ly or Lai or whatever and supposedly, hes the NSX guy there. He only works like Tue-Thu tho I believe. I do most of my own work but my door is acting up and Id rather have a dealership responsible for it than keep taking the door apart myself so mine will be at Acura of Lynnwood this coming week.

Can you request that only a certain tech work on your car? I didn't know dealers let you specify a certain person. Have you actually done this before?

Computron, I personally have not, but I was told that whoever did my TB/WP, valve adjustment and cam plugs and valve covers, etc. was under his tutelage so I didn't mind too much. Im sure they wouldn't let an NSX get in the wrong hands. When I worked at Mercedes, there were tech-specific/loyal customers so I don't see why Acura wouldn't do it. They might put up a bit of a fight and try to convince you otherwise or maybe not. I did notice the Hondabond they used on the cam seals and/or valve covers were a TINY bit messy to my liking but that's just me being really anal. Anyway, just letting you know my experience there. Maybe someone who was loyal to Mr. Hart will chime in and let you know if they followed him to Bellevue.

So if anyone cares, I dropped off the X today for my door latch and spoke with the service advisor (not all that familiar with NSXs but trying) and he told me that John Ly/Lai has been there since the dealership opened in 1986. That's awesome. Oh and the shop is gonna be remodeled and have the new standard tool chests attached to the walls and John said he won't know what to do with himself cuz he's been in the same stall since '86. Lol.

Oh n I got an RLX for a loaner. Sick! Very nice, very quiet.

Last edited:
^^ can you ask John later that does the dealership install aftermarket coilovers? My guess is they don't but would like to know for sure. Thanks man.

So if anyone cares, I dropped off the X today for my door latch and spoke with the service advisor (not all that familiar with NSXs but trying) and he told me that John Ly/Lai has been there since the dealership opened in 1986. That's awesome. Oh and the shop is gonna be remodeled and have the new standard tool chests attached to the walls and John said he won't know what to do with himself cuz he's been in the same stall since '86. Lol.

Oh n I got an RLX for a loaner. Sick! Very nice, very quiet.

And can you please ask your service advisor or John Lai himself whether we can specifically request that he be the one to work on my NSX if I brought it in there?

Ric, they do. That I know without asking. If u look on eBay n shop for Comptech parts, they've been a longtime vendor. I was thinking that it might be time for my clutch and during John's inspection, he said the engagement is kinda high meaning it's on it's way out. I thought that was normal. Anyway, I was planning on getting the Comptech clutch anyway. Guess John'll be doing that too! I remember in high school (98ish), they had a SICK Jackson Racing supercharged GSR in the showroom with full factory warranty. They also got Vossen rims on display/for sale in the parts dept. They've always been pretty involved with aftermarket. Coilovers are SO easy tho! If I wasn't in the middle of moving, I'd do em for you.

Computron, I asked today if he could tell me who worked on my car for last years semi-big service and he said he can't. The only thing he can see is which team did it. Another service advisor then interjected by saying it was most likely John. By the sound of it, if he's there, he's doing it. I will ask for sure next time I talk to him. Probably pickin up the X on Friday. Was hoping I could meet John. Shoulda asked yesterday.

Well that's great news! What did that cost? PM me.

Last one was $2228 CDN including oem clutch.
Would expect it to be lower in the US as the oem clutch in WA should be about $500 cheaper.
Lots of Canadians drive to Lynnwood Acura for servicing as parts are much cheaper in the US

Ric, they do. That I know without asking. If u look on eBay n shop for Comptech parts, they've been a longtime vendor. I was thinking that it might be time for my clutch and during John's inspection, he said the engagement is kinda high meaning it's on it's way out. I thought that was normal. Anyway, I was planning on getting the Comptech clutch anyway. Guess John'll be doing that too! I remember in high school (98ish), they had a SICK Jackson Racing supercharged GSR in the showroom with full factory warranty. They also got Vossen rims on display/for sale in the parts dept. They've always been pretty involved with aftermarket. Coilovers are SO easy tho! If I wasn't in the middle of moving, I'd do em for you.

Computron, I asked today if he could tell me who worked on my car for last years semi-big service and he said he can't. The only thing he can see is which team did it. Another service advisor then interjected by saying it was most likely John. By the sound of it, if he's there, he's doing it. I will ask for sure next time I talk to him. Probably pickin up the X on Friday. Was hoping I could meet John. Shoulda asked yesterday.

Wow... you brought it in on Tues and picking it up on Fri? They need to work on your car for 3 days for a door latch problem? And can you find out when Jon's days off are then if that's the only way I can specify that he work on my car so that I can avoid those days? Thanks!

Wow... you brought it in on Tues and picking it up on Fri? They need to work on your car for 3 days for a door latch problem? And can you find out when Jon's days off are then if that's the only way I can specify that he work on my car so that I can avoid those days? Thanks!

I must be getting old
I have absolutely no idea what you just said.

Back