• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX So Cal Monthly Meeting May 7th 2009

was great meeting everyone and seeing some old faces :smile:

teaser pics for now.

w0hrae.jpg

125m8fr.jpg

Last edited:
Good seeing everyone.....its been a long time for me as well.

Hope I can come out more later.......:cool:

Glad I came out since my rears were really low on air. :eek:

It was great being back in the "community" again. Some of us "old timers" have never really divorced the X. Great car and great people !
Steve, we missed you and thanks to South Coast Acura for hosting and providing good food even in these tough business times.

Nice to have such a great turnout with very nice people...special thanks to South Coast Acura for great hospitality...

Mike

It is not evey day that an overgrown motorcycle cop with oversized ego and sunglasses gets to be embarrassed ! For those of you who were not there, I and the NSX owners present got to do just that.

I pulled into the SCA meet with flasing lights in tow.
Cop: I am stopping you for a Cheezy reason, license and registration please.
Me : Here you are, officer, what's the reason ?
Cop: No front plates; do you work here ?
Me: No sir, I'm here for the monthly NSX owners meet, look around you.

He then noticed he was surrounded by NSX's, parked nose-out and not a single one (I think) with a front plate.

Cop: (just to save face) I'll just give you a warning.
Me: Thank you sir.
I don't think he's going to share that event with anyone

It is not evey day that an overgrown motorcycle cop with oversized ego and sunglasses gets to be embarrassed ! For those of you who were not there, I and the NSX owners present got to do just that.

He then noticed he was surrounded by NSX's, parked nose-out and not a single one (I think) with a front plate.

Did you buy a lottery ticket?

:biggrin:

Did you buy a lottery ticket?

:biggrin:

If he had written me up, he would have had to write the 10 NSX's around me and by the time he would have finished, there wouuld have been 10 more. I don't think it would have gone down well with the dealership, the city and the police department. After all, the dealership owners have multiple stores and pay a lot of taxes to the city. I'll save my good luck to the next encounter.

Whew! Well played on your part. Not sure I would have been so composed and cool as your reply to the officer was. Did you get a fix-it ticked or merely a warning?

interesting bit of history. Did you know bboxer was the first to import the nsx tubi exhaust into the US. That tubi video posted on prime was taken by me so people could hear what it sounded like. We had not seen each other again in over 7 years since then until this meet. Talk about a blast from the past.

No fix-it ticket just a barely mumbled warning; the cop couldn't wait to get out of the lot fast enough.

Ilya, great to see you again after all these years. Good luck with your SC plans.
Yes, I had convinced Fausto (TubiStyle owner) and his main importer in MI to make a bunch of Tubi's and they all went very quickly. I loved the sound of the Tubi, especially after it got a little old; unfortunately I am told it will not work very well with the SC because of the size of the pipes.

Back