• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX Starting/ Turn Off (Problem)

I'm having some problems with my Honda NSX, I didn't turn the car on for a whole week than I took out the Gruppe - M Air intake to clean it for a day after that i just simply put back the Intake the way it was... but when i went to start up the car, it turn itself off straight after starting it. I'm thinking the Internal Combustion Engine is holding to much air due to the removal of the Intake or it might not.

Could anyone help me out with this Problem... :frown:

I know whats the problem you are having. You forgot to plug back the grey plug on the left side of the throttle body. Check the right side too. This happen to me before too when I removed my intake to clean unplug a grey plug and forgot to plug in back. Look on the left and right side of the throttle and see if anything is unplug. I almost 100 percent sure that's your problem.

Last edited:
Another thing could be how you cleaned the air filter. If you put too much oil in it, the car is not getting any air. Take off the filter and see if the car runs.

I've check both side of the Throttle body, they are both plug in still but the car is still doing the same thing... and also i re-clean the Air intake whilst i was at it and the car still didn't want to stay on idle :(

Could also be the main relay

You mention the car starts right up, does it turn off immediately after you let go of the key? It maybe unrelated and just a coincidence, but there is a possibility that your ignition cylinder has gone bad.

You mention the car starts right up, does it turn off immediately after you let go of the key? It maybe unrelated and just a coincidence, but there is a possibility that your ignition cylinder has gone bad.

I did tried running the car without Filters, it also turns off.
The car starts right up than after 2 - 3 second it turns off by itself... i was thinking it might be the Fuses that's burnt out or something but it could also be the relay itself so i'd have to see.

Thanks guys for the help i'll keep you guys update.

If The fuel pump resistor is disconnected or failed will have the same symptoms. as it switches from High to low fuel pump setting as soon as the engine fires.

Try bridging the connector for the Fuel pump resistor.
Also could be main relay give it a tap.

Will it run if you keep the revs up?

I agree with the guys main relay or key cylinder since you tried removing the filter. Let us know what you find

My bad main relay resulted in the immediate shut down after initial start up. If it's running for 2-3 seconds, I'm not sure if that's the same symptom. I think even with a bad main relay, once the car's running (for more than a second), it will continue to run.

With a bad ignition (key) cylinder, that can shut down the engine at anytime (I think).

My 2 cents.

Lucas

Hmmm... i've check the relay but so far everything looks find to me but the car is still shutting down after 2 - 3 second idle.
I do have the feeling that there is something to do with the fuel pump due to the fact that i'm burning up black smokes and its running really rich when i start it up for that 2 - 3 gaps... And thanks for all the help guys much appreciate. :)

I'm currently working on it with my Cousin's his a mechanic himself so i'm hopping that we can fix this problem without any hustle whatsoever ^^

Thanks guys for the help much appreciated.

I'm currently working on it with my Cousin's his a mechanic himself so i'm hopping that we can fix this problem without any hustle whatsoever ^^Thanks guys for the help much appreciated.
Late but, mine did that when my starter went bad.

Ignition switch on mine. Apparently quite common thing to go wrong. Part very inexpensive. FWIW the symptoms on mine were intermittent. Actually a bit funny -- left car running in driveway and walked back to garage to get something -- looked back at car (like I do frequently because it looks so good) and as soon as my eyes made contact with her, she shut down. This happened a few times to the point where I was getting a psychological complex before it started to happen under other circumstances. My Acura tech (good friend of mine who has access to the car whenever he wants to use it) knew immediately what this was. I ordered part, Mike installed it and never experienced this problem again.

I hope you have solved the problem by now.

Back