• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Nsx targa top storage removal

I am wondering if I removed my targa top storage unit, will it make my hatch window dirty? Like fluids or debris or dirt.

So anyone out rolling without one?

Please let me know.

im considering taking it off. I hardly ever use it plus it blocks my rear view.

I do not have one. The window does not get all that dirty. After a new fill of my supercharger I sometimes get some oil from that but only when it's overfilled. Otherwise it's no issue at all. I put the targa top in my trunk.

Yeah, I get a little spot above the snout of the supercharger but otherwise I don't think it gets any dirtier than it did before I removed the cover.

Which is to say, it gets dirty either way.

No, disconnecting the sensor causes no problem. The warning light is triggered when the contact is shorted, so disconnecting it is the same as having the cover latched.

It does not have anything under it so you do have to be careful when closing it. Mine had a squeak against the body but just cleaning and living the area (on the sides of the hatch) fixed it for the past year. I have not heard a rattle at all. It would be nice to make some rubber or softer-plastic stops for the hatch to close against. I believe I have seen a post on Prime where someone did exactly that.

I saw something where the hatch actually rubbed against the body of the car damaging the paint. That is why I haven't done it myself, lol.

I put the targa top in my trunk.

It can fit in the trunk?!?!?

- - - Updated - - -

I saw something where the hatch actually rubbed against the body of the car damaging the paint. That is why I haven't done it myself, lol.

Yeaaaa this def couldnt happen because the targa holder/engine cover doesnt even touch the body, or provide any support where the hatch meets the body

It can fit in the trunk?!?!?

Yup, I've been carrying mine back there for a couple years now.

The glass hatch does become more fragile once the targa storage bits are removed. I'm careful with mine, but the ideal solution would be to somehow transfer the weatherstripping from the targa holder to the glass clamshell.

Back