• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX trade for S2000?

I have a silver '92 with +/- 45K miles. I have not had any major problems with the car - but the trany serial number falls within the range of snap ring failure - and that concerns me. Aside from that - the car is almost 9 years old! I had a look at the S2000 and I was impressed with the new technology. The dealer offered me $2000 plus next years (2001 model to arrive in two months) S2000 Honda. I'm debating if it's worth the switch. I would like to hear some feed-back.

I have driven the S2000 and have seen it on the track as well. It is a very capable car in the right hands on the race track, but around town it is a DAWG.
Below 6000 RPM the car is gutless. There is no torque and you will be embarassed at stoplight races. But get the engine above 6000 RPM and onto the cams and you'll have a blast.
I personally will wait for the new NSX to decide to keep my '91 Sebring Silver.

[This message has been edited by ChopsJazz (edited 11 August 2000).]

The gamble is that the new GEN NSX's may defalte the value of the present NSX's. I'm surprised that the S2000 is as gutless as you said - unfortunately the dealers don't even have one to test drive.

S2000 is a great car but can never reach the mighty NSX. I've driven and raced few S2K and yeah it's a blast to drive. Below 6000rpm, it feels like Integra type R, however above 6000rpm, it feels like a small turbo kicks in. The S2000 would be perfect on track, but for street racing, it can't touch my NSX. It also requires a good driver to drive it fast, for average driver, it might be as slow as some modded type Rs. But once it's in a good hand, it can hit 14 1/4 mile which is about the same as NSX.
For me, I wouldn't trade in NSX for S2K. I would buy it as my another car
smile.gif

Daria,

I think you should keep the NSX. Silver is a very rare color and has higher value on the used market. RARE IS GOOD/HOLDS VALUE!!. If you are worried about the snap-ring, have it taken care of before it breaks, my estimate is $1200-1500 for that repair is you have an honest mechanic/dealer. If the trans is intact you change the case and the snap- ring, add a few misc. parts during the rebuild and you are set to go.

HTH,

LarryB

I just bought my first NSX a week ago (94 Black) and during the course of my search I looked at and test-drove a S2000. My opinion is the Honda has awesome handling and great looks, but just like I read in a article “you have to drive it like you stole it” The other thing is the interior is just OK, kind of like any other Honda out there, (very plastic). The final decision for the Acura was because no car gets respect like the NSX. Pull up to a crowd in a S2000 and ½ the people will probably think your driving a Miata on steroids. Last Saturday I was driving along the beach and some guy stopped me to take a picture of the car (true story) I read an article a long time ago and it said “You don’t buy Lamborghini’s for what it does to you, you buy a Lamborghini for what it does to other people. I know it sounds shallow, but that is kind of the mentality I have with my new NSX. Now ask me this question again a year down the road after I have started paying for maintenance and any other issues associated with the car and my answer might be different, but right now I am NSX ALL THE WAY.

The S2000 is a little beaut. I have one in the garage along side the NSX. Much as I love the S2000 the NSX is still the more magnificent vehicle. .... Way more magnificent.

As far as the current NSX being devalued by the eventual arrival of the new NSX, I seriously doubt that will happen. Our car is a classic. It delivers on the promise, and has lasted the distance in that the design was so well executed (thanks' for your help Ayrton)in the first place the machine still stands proud when compared to the current competition. I think that it will always be a very sought after machine and become seen as quite pivotal in supercar development post 80's.

Its status can only grow in my opinion ... and being built the way it is, it will last and last. I hope to see the day when I finally start polishing through the paint to the aluminium!

Bob

Back