• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

nsx turbo?

unclear bablefish transalationfrom Japanese site:

Anyone understand Japanese? Bruce

http://www.venus.dti.ne.jp/~inyu/updates.html

*Dec-11*
-Crash.NetJapan came and had conveyed, as for NSX which participates in all the Japanese GT championships of season there is a possibility of loading the turbo engine, when it seems that already go-ahead to development comes out

December 10th (water)

NSX, it comes, season with the turbo substantial potential rise!

It comes, as for NSX of season from NA to turbo engine loading! As a result it may show considerable combat power.

2003 season, GT - R and ƒX�[ƒvƒ‰ NSX which can force bitter fight to the partner. The HONDA camp came in order to break this the possibility of throwing the turbo engine from season came out. It is said that with ƒEƒ�ƒT go-ahead to turbo conversion appeared to the development unit already.
Season was entered with the original layout that NSX of this season you put the engine length attendant upon regulation modification, the mission arrange between the engine and the seat. But, now then when season commences, the body substantially GT which ƒ‚ƒfƒBƒtƒ@ƒC is done - R ƒX�[ƒvƒ‰ of large aerodynamic volume displacement NA engine introduction exposing performance insufficiency in the partner. Finally, while the rival loads handy weight, 2 victories are listed after the board, season passing, not be able to refuse performance insufficiency, torque insufficiency in the especially concave fast limits was serious.
Is the rollback of NSX probably certain with turbo engine throwing? Details weekly automatic sport 946 (December 11th sale) with having been thorough and being verified.

To compete in this racing league, do they have to use parts that are available for production cars?

In other words, will honda have to release a turbo option for the NSX?

Last edited:
naaman said:
"As a result it may show considerable combat power."

Japanese cracks me up!

Sounds like a monologue out of a cheap, badly dubbed Kung Fu or giant lizard movie (minus the bad lip synch, of course!) ;)

Ayyyeee- YA !!! :D

Last edited:
ANYTIME said:
They sure use alot of cuss words!;)

LOL !! Funny, too funny!! :D

Those "cuss" words are undecoded Japanese characters in which babelfish translation finds no English equivalent. Too bad human intervention is still required to translate correct idioms and syntaxes.

Also reminds me of badly translated Chinese or Taiwanese-made funiture or appliances assembly instructions. :)

NSX-Racer said:
The 2004 JGTC NSXs will be turbo powered but that has already been discussed in another thread.

where was that confirmed? And if so, do they have to release a turbo for the car to able to use it in the race? I thought JGTC can only use parts available on the production cars.

It's published on the official JGTC site. This race cars have not a lot to do with their stock origins - different engines, engine mounting, suspensions etc. They are not group N cars which you may refer to.

That means: No, Honda doesn't have to build a turbo engine in the street legal NSX.

NSX-Racer said:

That means: No, Honda doesn't have to build a turbo engine in the street legal NSX.

:(

You would think that if Honda realizes they need a turbo to compete with the big boys on the track, that maybe they need one to compete with the big boys on the street.

I think having a 2005 NSX with a turbo would be the perfect way to end the cars lifespan before the HSC. Go out with a bang!

3179 said:
2004 JGTC nsx is 3.5L turbo

according to the JGTC of japan

Am I the only who thinks they should put that engine into the NSX right NOW! It would boost sales before the HSC intro.

I wish they did...put the turbo in the nsx now...

if honda puts a turbo in now i think the re-sale deman for older Gen 1 nsx will fall...and turbo would get all the attention.

Turbo will have its day ... maybe by the time the turbo version falls down to 60K ill be able to buy it...

Back