• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX vs 300C

Hi Guys!! :)

It was a beautiful Sunny Sunday afternoon. I was driving my NSX with its brand new windshield [but wrong window molding!! Grr...] back from Sooke. [a small town west of Victoria, B.C.] In front of me was a silver Chrysler 300C. For most of the trip - it was a single lane, winding road. The lead car was driving rather slowly so the rest of us were bunched up behind. It's a bit frustrating when that happens because there is no way to pass anyone. The guy in the 300C was anxious to get going and so was I. We eventually made it to the part of the highway that has two lanes. The 300C immediately got into the left hand lane [the passing lane] and so did I. He sped up and [once having gone by all the slow pokes] moved over to the slow lane. I knew he was waiting for me to get beside him so he could [so I imagined] humiliate me in my little Japanese sports car. I decide to down shift into second gear [I was going about 60 km/h at the time] so I'd be ready just in case my suspicions were right. They were. The moment I get beside him - he gunned it. I could see the 300C squat downward and leap forward. I gunned it too. [of course!!] The 300C moved ahead of me for a second or two until the NSX engine entered into the oh-so-wonderful performance side of the VTEC. Within 3 seconds I was ahead of him and never looked back. He tried to keep up but I was literally humiliating HIM. [I was WAY ahead of him by the time I stopped accelerating] To be honest - I was quite surprised by just HOW much faster the NSX was. [especially considering the fact that I've had HEMI fever for a couple of years now - and still do - to be honest] The NSX performed beautifully. And I just happened to shift beautifully. [which doesn't always happen - I'll admit]

It was just one of those re-affirming moments that I thought I'd share with you. It's easy to forget just how impressive the NSX really is. Now chances are - if we started the race from a stop - the 300C would have been ahead of me for a bit longer. [210 lb-ft of torque can't beat 390 lb-ft - at least not from a dead stop] Still... the 300C does have an extra 1200 lbs of mass to deal with. HE didn't chance it though. He avoided being next to me from then on. [always staying in the slow lane!! hehe]

Silly? Yeah yeah. I know. But the road was dry and there were no cars in sight. [going either way - once we left all the slow pokes behind]

AND IF any of you are police officers... it was ALL A DREAM!! :tongue:

Craig!! :)

Great story, I know that stretch of road well. Much better story then the ding dong in the green Fox Body five liter Mustang trying to get me to race on Mckenzie heading down to the Island Highway...

Nice. Another street racing story.:rolleyes:
Your little Japanese exotic aluminum, hand built, manual transmission, on the fly, in proper gear and RPM beat a 4 door, automatic, lead sled, four door sedan. I'm sure your proud.:rolleyes:

92NSX said:
Nice. Another street racing story.:rolleyes:
Your little Japanese exotic aluminum, hand built, manual transmission, on the fly, in proper gear and RPM beat a 4 door, automatic, lead sled, four door sedan. I'm sure your proud.:rolleyes:
The 300C is a very FAST car. The NSX takes 5.4 seconds to reach 60 MPH. Based on most road tests - the 300C is either .1 second quicker or .4 seconds slower. So yes - I'm proud. But not of myself - of my CAR.

Thanks for taking the time to respond. :rolleyes:

CanadaCraig said:
Hi Guys!! :)

[especially considering the fact that I've had HEMI fever for a couple of years now - and still do - to be honest]

Somebody correct me if i'm wrong, but I think you DO have a hemi already Craig. :)

92NSX said:
Nice. Another ... story.:rolleyes:

isn't this what this site is for?:biggrin:

CanadaCraig said:
The 300C is a very FAST car. The NSX takes 5.4 seconds to reach 60 MPH. Based on most road tests - the 300C is either .1 second quicker or .4 seconds slower. So yes - I'm proud. But not of myself - of my CAR.

Thanks for taking the time to respond. :rolleyes:

If I'm not mistaken you didn't say that you both were at a standstill but rather already moving.:confused:
Considering the vast majority of us on here own the car, I'm sure we aren't knowledgable of the stats.:rolleyes:
Condoning street racing isn't something the site is for I don't think.:confused:

92NSX, Just a thought, but you might want to lighten up.

Fun story, as I too was expecting a "why the 300 is better than an NSX thread".

Thanks for the story. i had a run in with a 300C about a year ago and I too ran away from it. 345hp hemi!! yeah you wanted to see what your nsx could do against that. thats why i punched it.

street racing is bad and blah blah blah!! hehe....:cool:

blavenia said:
92NSX, Just a thought, but you might want to lighten up.
Why? I just feel very strongly about street racing and the people that do it I'm not afraid to take and stand for what I believe in. Honestly I look at it as if others come on and encourage this type of childish behavior then they are as much to blame as the racers themselves.
You wouldn't be asking me to lighten up if a friend or relative of yours was in the car he decided to race and got injured in an accident now would you?
If you want to prove your car is faster than someone elses, take it to a track where real racers do.

92NSX said:
Why? I just feel very strongly about street racing and the people that do it I'm not afraid to take and stand for what I believe in. Honestly I look at it as if others come on and encourage this type of childish behavior then they are as much to blame as the racers themselves.
You wouldn't be asking me to lighten up if a friend or relative of yours was in the car he decided to race and got injured in an accident now would you?
If you want to prove your car is faster than someone elses, take it to a track where real racers do.

there are a few people i see and remember them by their posts. I remember yours because you have the Auburn logo (yeah, yall shoulda been in the BCS championship) and because you always seem to be negative.

you need to lighten the hell up and get the stick out your ass. i do not condone street racing and everyone here knows that street racing is wrong but opening up a sports car from time to time is just natural.

its not like he was weaving in and out of cars during rush hour. he was on a familiar open road with no one in sight. i've read auto magazines where they admitted to going over the speed limit in a car they are testing out on open interstates. why don't you write them? if you don't like what your reading then dont post.

just like everyone who owns an NSX knows the car's stats, every owner knows that street racing is bad and what you write isn't gonna stop it. your post sticks out like a sore thumb. nothing said in here is gonna stop people from racing.

Oooh...I feel a Bo Jackson vs. Brian Bosworth thread coming!!! :eek:

ERICKGS3 said:
there are a few people i see and remember them by their posts. I remember yours because you have the Auburn logo (yeah, yall shoulda been in the BCS championship) and because you always seem to be negative.

you need to lighten the hell up and get the stick out your ass. i do not condone street racing and everyone here knows that street racing is wrong but opening up a sports car from time to time is just natural.

its not like he was weaving in and out of cars during rush hour. he was on a familiar open road with no one in sight. i've read auto magazines where they admitted to going over the speed limit in a car they are testing out on open interstates. why don't you write them? if you don't like what your reading then dont post.

just like everyone who owns an NSX knows the car's stats, every owner knows that street racing is bad and what you write isn't gonna stop it. your post sticks out like a sore thumb. nothing said in here is gonna stop people from racing.

Glad you remember my AU logo, I like it also.:biggrin: Who said anything about BCS though?:confused:
Obviously you haven't read all of my posts because I'm not always negative. I just speak my mind about subjects I feel strongly about. If others don't then that is fine also.
Also, I would like to see the reaction of a law enforcement officer if you get pulled over and say 'Officer, it's a sports car so it's natural and alright for me to open it up once in a while.' Yeah, that would go over real well.:rolleyes:
I just can't understand how someone can help justify blantant disregard for public safety though.:confused:

ERICKGS3 said:
LOL... I am a Raider fan so ima have to go with Bo!! Brian Bosworth was awesome at OU tho.

Seriously, whatever happened to him? I thought I remember hearing he died of steroids? Not trying to poke fun or anything but was really wondering.:confused:

92NSX said:
Seriously, whatever happened to him? I thought I remember hearing he died of steroids? Not trying to poke fun or anything but was really wondering.:confused:

dont mean to hi-jack the thread but I love talking football (except for CFL, europe, arena or xfl). I dont know. i last saw him doing those action B-movies. he actually came to my elementary school in oklahoma. he was huge!
barry sanders came to my junior high school and i also thought he was huge. :confused:

ERICKGS3 said:
dont mean to hi-jack the thread but I love talking football (except for CFL, europe, arena or xfl). I dont know. i last saw him doing those action B-movies. he actually came to my elementary school in oklahoma. he was huge!
barry sanders came to my junior high school and i also thought he was huge. :confused:

We should start a few football threads then.:biggrin:
Afterall, college spring practice is upon us!!!:biggrin: :biggrin:

CanadaCraig said:
It was just one of those re-affirming moments that I thought I'd share with you. It's easy to forget just how impressive the NSX really is. Now chances are - if we started the race from a stop - the 300C would have been ahead of me for a bit longer. [210 lb-ft of torque can't beat 390 lb-ft - at least not from a dead stop] Still... the 300C does have an extra 1200 lbs of mass to deal with. HE didn't chance it though. He avoided being next to me from then on. [always staying in the slow lane!! hehe]
I actually think the opposite, if you were to run from dead stop, you will be ahead from the start.

Are you talking about the 425hp 300C SRT-8 or the 5.7L 300C with 345hp?

I would imagine you will kill the 5.7L 300C with 345hp/390lb-ft toruqe off the line from a deadstop and probably match the more powerful SR-T 8.

UCLA>AU>OU J/K:biggrin:

92NSX said:
I just can't understand how someone can help justify blantant disregard for public safety though.:confused:
Neither can I. But in MY little race - public safely was NOT an issue. If it was - I would NOT have raced the 300C.

There is a difference between sharing a point of view and peppering a point of view with sarcasm. In the future - if you choose to share with others what YOU think - try throwing in a little humility. It is - after all - JUST YOUR OPINION. [no matter how strongly you feel about it]

nsxsupra said:
I actually think the opposite, if you were to run from dead stop, you will be ahead from the start.

Are you talking about the 425hp 300C SRT-8 or the 5.7L 300C with 345hp?

I would imagine you will kill the 5.7L 300C with 345hp/390lb-ft toruqe off the line from a deadstop and probably match the more powerful SR-T 8.
Hi nsxsupra!! :)

You might be right. I don't really know. I just assumed that with all that torque [even with the regular 300C - like the one I raced] it would leap forward and at least be ahead of me [in my NSX] for a second or two. As for the SRT-8 - I don't think I'd EVER be ahead of 'him'. The SRT-8 is supposed to get to 60 mph about 1/2 second quicker than my NSX.

If I ever get a chance to race a 300C SRT-8 from school zone to school zone - I'll let you know how it turns out!! lol :p

CanadaCraig said:
In the future - if you choose to share with others what YOU think - try throwing in a little humility. It is - after all - JUST YOUR OPINION. [no matter how strongly you feel about it]

Thanks for telling me how to post in the future.:rolleyes: :tongue: I'll take that under advisement.

Back