• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

nsx vs 348 spyder

I am interested in persuing a purchase of a ferrari 348 convertible. Has anyone had any experiences (pro or con) with the ferrari? I loved my NSX, but just want to expand my car experiences.

Can you afford a 355? From all the posts here, it seems that the 355 is in a similar performance league as the NSX...the 348 on the other hand...:redface:

I didn't like the 348. The car has poor visibility, rattles, and feels cheap. The steering wheel is right in the way of the MPH guage for me. I would think the engineer thought it thru first.:cool:

I really don't like the rear end of the 348. The 355 looks much better. Plus, I think it sounds really nice with a Tubi exhaust.

I was looking at a red 348, a white Rolls, a black NSX. All my buds said NSX. I did. No regrets. I have always loved the looks of the 348- very hot to me. I have also thought the NSX was very exotic too without the headaches and major expenses of the others. I'm happy:smile: .

Don't get me wrong, I loved my NSX. I just want to try something different. The 355 is a little out of price range for me. I found a really low mile, just serviced spyder. As far as performance, I know my NSX would have torn it up. But it is still a ferrari.

dkny-nsx said:
Don't get me wrong, I loved my NSX. I just want to try something different. The 355 is a little out of price range for me. I found a really low mile, just serviced spyder. As far as performance, I know my NSX would have torn it up. But it is still a ferrari.

I would go ahead and try the 348 out. There are so many amazing cars available, it doesn't make sense to limit yourself to just one model. That would be boring. Sure it's a step back in terms of performance, but it looks like a very fun car, and it has a glorious F1 scream similar to the 355. Not too mention, its also one of the sexiest ferrari's..kind of like..a more agile and more athletic testarossa. Also since the prices of 348's have rock bottomed in terms of depreciation, at the very least, if you end up disliking the car, there's a good chance that you could probably sell the car for what you bought for..then go back to the NSX. Then again the NSX prices may go up. Good Luck

I think you just want the 348 because it's a Ferrari :wink:

I would pick one up in best possible condition you can afford, Ferrari parts are not cheap.

348 isn't that great. A 355 is a nice car. Not as well designed as the NSX but better looking (in my opinion) and sounds better. You can't get past the "cool" factor either. Any Ferrari prior to the 355 is just for people who just want to drive the name....

if you can afford it, owning it will be one experience a man should have, at least for once. I understood nsx could destroy 348 on many things, but if I remember correctly, 348 still beat it in top speed run... and that furious exhaust note... so what with people saying you want a 348 only because the prancing horse badge?? I agree with the other, get the best condition your money can buy, 348 parts are scarce and the labor will also cost you arm and leg... and any mishap would drop your resale value.

Personally I would wait until the 355 price "drops" into my budget.

Well, for me I would only buy a Ferrari until
1. I won a lotto
2. I made enough money or success in my career that I need to made a statement to really reward myself.

cfra7 said:
Any Ferrari prior to the 355 is just for people who just want to drive the name....

Not in all cases. Sure, a good number of people buy a ferrari, primarily and soley because of the badge on its bonnet.... these people are undoubtedly poseurs. I would have to say that people who buy the older Ferrari's like 288GT0s, 250 GTOs are connoisseurs who appreciate the cars significance and heritage in the motoring world. Many also buy older Ferrari's like the 308, 328, testarossa, Dino because they appreciate the raw, race car like driving experience which is absent in many of the newer models.

WealthBuildR said:
Not in all cases. Sure, a good number of people buy a ferrari, primarily and soley because of the badge on its bonnet.... these people are undoubtedly poseurs. I would have to say that people who buy the older Ferrari's like 288GT0s, 250 GTOs are connoisseurs who appreciate the cars significance and heritage in the motoring world. Many also buy older Ferrari's like the 308, 328, testarossa, Dino because they appreciate the raw, race car like driving experience which is absent in many of the newer models.

You are right about those cars but he is probably saying people that buy 348 often want a 355 but can't because the 355 out of reach.

355 Spider is my all time favorite Ferrari btw... :smile:

Just put a body kit on it and it will look like a newer car. :eek:

ak-ferrari360-front-bild.jpg

And no 348 post can go without the 348 Veilside kit...

348veilside02.jpg

The back of which I actually like.
348-Evolution-Rear.jpg

I took the bait. The car is is pristine condition, Aside from the nsx vs 348 comparisons, I found the car to be a blast to drive. The NSX was (is) definatley faster, but I have no plans for tracking this car. I feels very nimble, and has plenty of power in the 4-6 range. I couldn't open her up, but at 90-100mph it felt "light" in the front end. As I get more familiar, I will post my findings..

Congrats, you must be excited. Post some pics when you get a chance.

William.

Congrats! What year is it and what was the purchase price? 348's do have a bad rep , but if you got it from a conscientious owner who fixed all of the bad points and who serviced the car properly, you can still wind up with a good car. I believe that the NSX was the wake-up call to Ferrari to start to pay more attention to quality control--which they did with the next model, the 355. While I currently own an NSX, I love Ferraris , sore points and all, anyway! Enjoy the ride--and post some pics!

Doc308 said:
Congrats! What year is it and what was the purchase price? 348's do have a bad rep , but if you got it from a conscientious owner who fixed all of the bad points and who serviced the car properly, you can still wind up with a good car. I believe that the NSX was the wake-up call to Ferrari to start to pay more attention to quality control--which they did with the next model, the 355. While I currently own an NSX, I love Ferraris , sore points and all, anyway! Enjoy the ride--and post some pics!

DOC,
where are you locate in NY. I am in Kingston. I would love to get together with some of my fellow NSX friends for a drive sometime. I will post some pics this week. I feel the same excitement as when I took possesion of my NSX, I love that feeling

I'm in Latham--a tad north of Albany. I've been intending to see Pbasso's shop one of these days. Maybe that would be a good place to meet at some point.

Back