• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX -vs- Who gives a $h!t...seriously stop these stupid threads

Spinner said:
I guess we're not allowed to say anything negative about the NSX or else half of prime comes down on you. As a previoius owner of an NSX I'm just stating my experiences and opinions.

None of the statements are meant to be flames, rather observations after spending 3 years behind the wheels of one. Some folks absolutely love their NSX and have had more than 1. I personaly want to have a go at various different sports cars. As they say, variety is the spice of life. I enjoy comparing cars, and pointing things out, be it both good and bad.

Alot of other sites seem more tolerable of "personal opinions & observations" of their own cars. Ofcourse downright slamming of the NSX (which I have yet to see in this thread) will open the doors to a total beat down of the poster. Then again, there are sites like this, where a "truthful yet negative" comment will just piss off the fellow members.

An example is the Rx-7. I had an Rx-7 Twin Turbo...totally loved the car, but when I mentioned that the words "reliable" and "Rx-7" don't go together, it became one huge witch hunt on rx7club.com.

I was expecting the members here to be a little bit more mature and able to take critiques better. I guess I was wrong. Why am I still posting on Prime even though I don't have an NSX anymore? Just because I no longer have an NSX doesn't mean I dislike it. I just wanted to try something different. I still have much respect for the NSX (even though at this stage I no longer desire to have one...I still like'em alot and patiently wait the next gen. NSX). If the Gen II. NSX is as great as the first one was when it made its debut, I'd definetly switch back into one.

P.S. Flame Suit on:biggrin: :cool:

Forget the flame suit somebody get some rope and we'll lynch this scalliwag ( heard that on bugs bunny once )

Kidding aside he's not critiquing the car. Follow his posts and you'll see what I mean.

WingZ said:
Forget the flame suit somebody get some rope and we'll lynch this scalliwag ( heard that on bugs bunny once )

Kidding aside he's not critiquing the car. Follow his posts and you'll see what I mean.

When someone states positive things about the NSX he is praised and critiquing the car. However, if you the state negative aspects of the car, which many are true and at times obvious, the poster is no longer critiquing the car, but a troll.

That's BS. You should be able to handle the truth whether it is praise or negative. But then again, you have Prime syndrome, which is a condition of not being in reality at times, specifically when behind the wheel of your NSX.

Seek help.

AMGsRock said:
When someone states positive things about the NSX he is praised and critiquing the car. However, if you the state negative aspects of the car, which many are true and at times obvious, the poster is no longer critiquing the car, but a troll.

That's BS. You should be able to handle the truth whether it is praise or negative. But then again, you have Prime syndrome, which is a condition of not being in reality at times, specifically when behind the wheel of your NSX.

Seek help.

When the negative posts about the car, especially from a new member outweigh the positives, it is usually a sign of a troll or "shit-stirrer" if you will. My suggestion would be to possibly frequent the forums of the cars you do like, as I see no reason for you to be here. You have pretty much convinced me that you have no intention of purchasing one, and I do not see much in the way of enthusiasm for the NSX from you, so it seems your time would be better spent somewhere else. I am always open for discussion on the car, including it's pros and cons, but I do not think you are one that wants to hear the pros and only wants to rub in the cons. I like E55's, you want to defend the grenading engine issue that many people on the MB forums have discussed? While I do not think it happens to a large number of them it has happened enough that it is a legitimate issue. Let's talk about MB's quality issues in general. That is a wide spread and well known issue. Need I go on?

WingZ said:
They really are. Especially when he starts giving his opinion:eek:

At this point I am convinced that AMGsRock is stevec from s2ki.com. All of his posts are similar to stevec's from s2ki.com................just plain stupid. If you do not like the Acura NSX why would you spend most of your time putting the car down on a NSX enthusiast site ? Duh ! Go discuss the car's so called short comings on the MB forums instead.

AMGsRock said:

Seek help.

My God, you are a bore.

Hello? This is a NSX web site. We didn't ask or need ANYONE to come here and critique our car. What kind of boorish fool would think that's a position or role that needs filling on a site like this. What kind of twisted ego thinks he's acting as a buoy to reality, that we who are in too much in love can't see and need our eyes opened? That THEY are neutral and true car enthusiasts.
Aficionados that are obliged to say what they want about what we love because they are so fair and have such a unbiased opinion. That we have been waiting for THEM to arrive and tell us all they know and what they think about the car we love and to "wake us up".
How would you like it if I appraised your car, clothes, house, job, girlfriend, mother, or wife huh? Let me know what you like so I can tell you why there are better looking, better performing, better values than whatever you have and enjoy.
Whatsamatter? No one else in your world listens or likes you so you come here to be a self appointed critic? You expect us to say "wow, he knows his stuff, what a cool guy"?
We bought what we loved and are enjoying it. If you don't share our enthusiasm for the NSX then bug off. Go buy a car you like and stop screwing around.
Oh, in addition, if you own a NSX, when you are ready to move on to something else, leave. Don't come back. We don't need or care about what you think anymore. Tell it to the forum that supports your new car.
Tell it to someone who cares. Do you call your old dealer and regularly stop by to tell him all about the new car you bought and critique your old one after you switch brands?
We're not mature if we don't want to hear your reasons?
You wanted to make a change and move on? Well then do it and MOVE ON.
You're not being informative, you're being a doof.

Hey, have a wonderful day. Goodbye.:biggrin:

Spinner said:
I still like'em alot and patiently wait the next gen. NSX). If the Gen II. NSX is as great as the first one was when it made its debut, I'd definetly switch back into one.

Who are you kidding? Looking at your history of ownership, you won't be switching back in until they have 10 year old Next Gen. NSX's.:tongue:

AMGsRock said:

Seek help.

But your are my help:rolleyes:

I just wish you would quit acting like you were ever interested in an NSX. Be real! Your not curious! If you ever really did have any interest it was gone long ago when Honda didn't increase it's hp. That's okay if you need a lot of HP. Go to threads with cars that have the hp your looking for. NSX owners aren't on other sites telling people we can out accelerate , out brake ,out corner anything out there.

We have apparently found something we like and enjoy so why bother doing that. Your car which apparently for some unknown reason is not something that continues to do that for you. You keep shouting HP well you have it. Log onto MB world and talk with your fellow E55 owners about how much you enjoy it. You haven't changed anyone here's mind about the NSX. Of course why would you try? People here are calling you a troll because your doing what trolls do. Simple as that. Not that you haven't amused me It's been fun really just as good parry and jab should be , but as the threads above this one show no one one here was seeking your critique or your praise or your opinion about their car.

You seem well spoken and if your making good enough money to have such an expensive automobile/s and mod them on top of that( you did mention an SUV ) at a young age your probably well educated with a good job. Balance that out with good manners.

Now my glasses are fogging up again so shoo!

Duh ! Go discuss the car's so called short comings on the MB forums instead.[/QUOTE]

I keep telling him that and he's not listening so he just might be Stevec:eek:

pnassjo,

Bravo!! well expressed; I support your opinion 100%. :cool: :biggrin:

Some people believe they are the appointed One and need to bring the rest of us to our senses. I wonder if: Their soul purpose in life to cause discontent and unrest? Or They were some type of religious zealots who were rejected so now they have turned their attention to cars?
I do wish them peace, prosperity, love and the hope they find some meaningful in their life other than being a hemorrhoid on this forum.

Bob

Last edited:
I agree with all the other comments regarding why someone that doesn't like the NSX would come on here and bash it because they own something different. MBZ AMG's aren't built to do what a NSX does and is geared towards a completely different demographic. Regardless, I do have respect for what they do well which is straight line torque in a luxury package. As an enthusiast, I have respect for all cars and honor their designed purpose while not highlighting their short comings. I would no more criticize the AMG for it's lack of cornering than I would criticize Nolan Ryan for not being able to hit home runs. :rolleyes:

However, I do like the comparison threads without the negativity and bashing. :smile:

Last edited:
Re: I regret posting this

AMGsRock said:
I don't agree with this comment as well.

I am only stating the obvious shortcomings of your beloved NSX that you as an owner cannot see or refuse to believe they exist. I am not making these things up. All cars have shortcomings including the two I drive. I know my 55 is not going corner as well as your NSX, but that is expected since it is a luxury sedan not a sports car. However, as sedans go, it kicks butt in the straights and actually has decent handling.

The NSX has many good qualities, but from a performance standpoint, it is well below par compared to the competition. You really should take off the glasses, since they are impairing your vision and perception of reality.

Troll,

Nobody here cares about your E55. If you come to this forum without anything nice to say about the NSX, it's better to just not say anything at all. Go spray some rustoleum on your car or something.

jlindy said:
I agree with all the other comments regarding why someone that doesn't like the NSX would come on here and bash it because they own something different. MBZ AMG's aren't built to do what a NSX does and is geared towards a completely different demographic. Regardless, I do have respect for what they do well which is straight line torque in a luxury package. As an enthusiast, I have respect for all cars and honor their designed purpose while not highlighting their short comings. I would no more criticize the AMG for it's lack of conering than I would criticize Nolan Ryan for not being able to hit home runs. :rolleyes:

However, I do like the comparison threads without the negativity and bashing. :smile:

Oh my God look at the interior on his Phaeton! Sweet!

WingZ said:
You seem well spoken and if your making good enough money to have such an expensive automobile/s and mod them on top of that( you did mention an SUV ) at a young age your probably well educated with a good job. Balance that out with good manners.

I am working on the manners and thanks for the sparring practice. :smile:

AMGsRock said:
I am working on the manners and thanks for the sparring practice. :smile:

Your welcome...now go bother the Lotus guys:biggrin:

threads too long, so I didn't read it.

but I just wanted to say that I think its great that people put their opinions of the nsx vs other cars on the forum (so long as it is a comparable car)

Gives prospective owners a good idea of whether this is the car for them.

Plus, I've seen some of these write ups and its not like they just put the email together in 30 seconds. Members of the forum take time to write it, and you don't have to read it, but at least respect that they took time to do it for the benefit of others...

WingZ said:
Oh my God look at the interior on his Phaeton! Sweet!

Thanks WingZ, I appreciate it. I think it purty too. :biggrin:

My NSX is kinda slow when I got it back here to colorado. Now in texas when I picked it up, was an absolute MONSTER. I couldn't even keep the front wheels in line with the back just cruising around town. 2nd gear 3k rpm and somehow I was still sliding around the corners......

Back