• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSXCapades - 2012 Edition

Well guys and ladies, it's time for planning this year's NSXCapades. Having promised our fabulous WeiShen that I'd be responsible this year here's the plan:

The event will happen the weekend of Nov 30-Dec 2nd, or Dec 7-9 depending on a couple of factors - availability of hotel rooms (There's an 'Extreme Mudder's' competition in Sarasota that first weekend with over 10,000 visitors expected which may make securing a hotel problematic - and we've been promised sponsorship by Gettle Acura for a group luncheon on Sunday with perhaps a remote radio station feed - have to work out the dates with my man there.

That said the basics are:

Friday night gather at the hotel and visit downtown Sarasota at your leisure. Mattison's downtown is a great place to hang out outside and have libations and vittles and around 7/7:30 has a band that's not so loud that you can't talk. There's much more to do downtown/restaurants/bars so if Mattison's doesn't flip your switch I'm sure there'll be something else to handle that.

Saturday morning for the golfers - golf (well what did you think - we'd be lawn bowling?) Suggested courses: Oak Ford or Calusa Lakes. Both worth while.

For non-golfers, if it's the first Saturday of the month, there's Cars and Coffee at the local Porsche dealership.

Lunch at Sarasota Ale House or Gecko's
from there it's on to the Classic Car Museum for checking out some vintage vessels including a Tucker (Pretty cool)

It's possible we might go from here to Bradenton Motor Sports Dragway to test our cars and see how fast we can really go.

From there it's on to dinner at Daruma - excellent Japanese food and ample parking.

Sunday morning drive ending up at Gettle Acura for lunch and whatever form of entertainment they might work up with us. (Personally I'd like to see them detail an engine bay - mine) and then it's off to your parts of the world whereever that might be.

I'm working on group rates for the hotel, the car museum, and Bradenton Motor Sports.

Would love for someone to come up with a logo/t-shirt/window sticker. :biggrin:

Cars and Coffee at the local Porsche dealership.

*perk*

I'll have to check and see if I still have any of these laying around. :)

germancars.jpg

*perk*

I'll have to check and see if I still have any of these laying around. :)

germancars.jpg

I can always count on you to help foster good will and comraderie amongst the classes!

I'm sure several of the POG's will want to pay you for the opportunity to stick one of these on their car!

The event will happen the weekend of Nov 30-Dec 2nd, or Dec 7-9 depending on a couple of factors

December 8th is the Toys For Tots exotic car rally in South Florida. I am already committed to that event as might be several other NSX owners.

Hopefully the November dates work or perhaps Dec. 14-16.

Sadly a few are already out due to the location. Orlando is just easier for everyone IMO. I still hope to make it.

Good news guys, in spite of the Tough Mudder's http://toughmudder.com/about/ competition here the weekend of the 1st of December I've found rooms!!!!! And, at a reasonable price! Life is good.

OK, so I'm working on some of the finer details but we've got the weekend and it doesn't interfere with either the Toys for Tots run (which I'll also probably attend) or WeiShen's Sebring event! Woo hoo!

So, in the next few days I'll post the official registration listing, and the attendant cost/benefit analysis - Looking forward to seeing as many as can make it.

Last edited:
I'm sure several of the POG's will want to pay you for the opportunity to stick one of these on their car!

Reminds of the Porsche owner who got really pissed off when I asked out loud at the Toy Rally a few years ago: "Why are there 911s here? They about as exotic as Cambodian oxcarts." He owned a "cup car" and after my tongue lashing about him paying even more money for the same car with fewer options it was plainly obvious that he had no sense of humor whatsoever.

Reminds of the Porsche owner who got really pissed off when I asked out loud at the Toy Rally a few years ago: "Why are there 911s here? They about as exotic as Cambodian oxcarts." He owned a "cup car" and after my tongue lashing about him paying even more money for the same car with fewer options it was plainly obvious that he had no sense of humor whatsoever.

If you'd agreed with him that his Porsche was 'exotic' ... you'd both be wrong.

Good work!

Alright!!! I'll be posting the specifics and a certified, real, down to earth, you're in it list within the next couple of days.

Looking forward to seeing all of you in December!

all of my free time is in all these builds I am working on.
I wish, Blacknot you should stop by my shop one of these days and check out all my NSX projects its just across the bridge LOL

Alright!!! I'll be posting the specifics and a certified, real, down to earth, you're in it list within the next couple of days.

Looking forward to seeing all of you in December!

Well guys... it's getting closer to being set in stone but here we are with the plan at the moment.

Friday afternoon/evening check in to La Quinta in - Group rate $92 tax incl.
Lots of great restaurants downtown - I'll be at Mattison's for happy hour, good food and typically good music after 8PM.

Saturday morning golf - Anticipated at Seranoa - cost not worked out yet.
Lunch at Gecko's $15-20/person
Classic Car Museum - $10.00/person
Dinner at Eat Here - $35/person (cash bar) fabulous food by Sean Murphy a Zagat rated chef. Raffle with really cool prizes. You could actually make money coming this time!

Sunday morning ride and then lunch sponsored by Gettle Acura.

So guys it's almost in the bag. I hope to have all the little wrinkles ironed out tomorrow. So get your calendars out and let's make this great.

Last edited:
What happened? why nor Orlando? Can't we just redo the same route we do every year??

Does Sarasota have the fun roads we always do??

Ole, why are you asking for people to do the logos if we do this every year with Dave? I am confused.

Oscar

Sadly a few are already out due to the location. Orlando is just easier for everyone IMO. I still hope to make it.

Geez, Dave, sounds a bit wimpy to me. Then I didn't even win the 'longest drive' trophy for NSXPO and I drove 4,000 miles round-trip. Glad you are planning on making it though. Who knows maybe our golf courses here will make you look like a real golfer.

Hey, you up to designing a logo/shirt/window sticker for the event? Hugh suggested Oscar, and a confused Oscar suggested you.

Last edited:
What happened? why nor Orlando? Can't we just redo the same route we do every year??

Does Sarasota have the fun roads we always do??

Ole, why are you asking for people to do the logos if we do this every year with Dave? I am confused.

Oscar

Oscar, Oscar, Oscar...

When Weishen handled the arrangements and he lives in Orlando, it made sense to have NSXCapades there. Now that I've accepted the duties, well I know Sarasota WAY better than I know Orlando soooooo I created it for here. Now, should you want to do the do next year, we can always move it back. (If Dave wants to create it we might just all have to drive to Jax!)

Mmmm... on to point 2. Orlando likes to keep their roads there so we'll just have to do the great roads that we keep here in Sarasota including the ones that we ride for the Exotic Car Rally each year in February.

and finally the logo --- Hugh suggested you as the artist in the group. I, for one, am NOT an artist. I'm pretty good with a pencil and can push one as well as the next guy just not in lines and circles that people actually want to look at. Perhaps you and Dave can work this part of the gathering out. I'd sure appreciate it.

Oscar, Oscar, Oscar...

When Weishen handled the arrangements and he lives in Orlando, it made sense to have NSXCapades there. Now that I've accepted the duties, well I know Sarasota WAY better than I know Orlando soooooo I created it for here. Now, should you want to do the do next year, we can always move it back. (If Dave wants to create it we might just all have to drive to Jax!)

Mmmm... on to point 2. Orlando likes to keep their roads there so we'll just have to do the great roads that we keep here in Sarasota including the ones that we ride for the Exotic Car Rally each year in February.

and finally the logo --- Hugh suggested you as the artist in the group. I, for one, am NOT an artist. I'm pretty good with a pencil and can push one as well as the next guy just not in lines and circles that people actually want to look at. Perhaps you and Dave can work this part of the gathering out. I'd sure appreciate it.

Thanks for accepting the duties this year. I will accept them for next year and bring it back to Orlando.

Back