• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSXCC Club Movie Night - Friday 2/18/2011, 7pm – 409 King Street West 3rd Floor

NSXCC Club Movie Night - Friday 2/18/2011, 7pm – 409 King Street West 3rd Floor

Please mark your calendar for Friday Feb 18, Club Movie Night event at a private studio/theatre offered to host by our gracious colleague Jim MacLellan (Dragonwing). A big thank you to Jim!!

We plan to gather at 7pm then take a tour of the facility where Jim would showcase some of the most cutting edge technologies and provide a demo of his work. You are encouraged to bring along your favorite title to be our feature presentation. The Club will supply the food and member will bring along your favorite drinks.

Jim’s production studio is located at 409 King Street West, just east of Spadina on the 3rd Floor. We will need a head count before the event. Please sign up on this post.

Only 20 spots available, so don't delay further.

1 - Jim
1 - Owen
2 - Urbs and Bash
2 - Henry and Guest
1 - Bram
1 - Daria
1 - Rick J
1 - Garrick
1 - Robert
2 - Andre & MC
2 - Athar
15 - total

Owen

Last edited:
I can't wait for this! I've been to the studio and have to say there are countless toys to play with! Count Urbs and I IN!!!

I'm hoping to make it - should know a little closer to the date!:smile:

Lana is interested in coming too - but wants to know what movie first....

Have we decided? Car themed and funny - all I can think of is the Cannonball Run!!:tongue:

Cannonball Run doesn't come in HD... yet... I assume we'd be looking for something with some good HD picture and HD audio yes?

Trying to think of something car themed and fairly recent but I'm coming up blank other than Fast and Furious 4.

I've got Unstoppable in HD. Not bad...
I LOVE Kick Ass and I'd watch it over and over.
I do have Inception in HD as well.
Haven't seen Let me in (I have it) but I loved the original Let the Right One in

Got an awesome Snowboarding video in HD if people are in to that...

Let me know what to bring.

BTW, Nancy won't make it so I'm flying solo...

Last edited:
Trying to think of something car themed and fairly recent but I'm coming up blank other than Fast and Furious 4.

I've got Unstoppable in HD. Not bad...
I LOVE Kick Ass and I'd watch it over and over.
I do have Inception in HD as well.
Haven't seen Let me in (I have it) but I loved the original Let the Right One in

Got an awesome Snowboarding video in HD if people are in to that...

Lets bring as many options as you can. All of the above titles are good.

How about the 2010 Senna movie (Ayrton Senna: Beyond the Speed of Sound)? Anyone has a copy?

The Senna Blu-ray doesn't release until March 21st. :frown:

However, I do have an Uber favorite... Heavy Metal in HD! A blast from the past! It's not the best PQ since it's pretty dated animation, but the soundtrack rocks!

Last edited:
Guys, just a reminder the event is this coming Friday, so if you are planning to attend, please sign up to the post and reserve your spot. This also helps to determine how much food to order. Thanks!!

Owen

Back