• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSXpedition 2023

R13

Experienced Member
Tech Expert
nsxpedition2023thumbwip.jpg
We're doing this again folks! Event details & "registration" (still free to enter / pay as you go as with prior years):

Tentative details:
Welcome to the fourth edition of NSXpedition: An NSX-focused driving tour through the Tennessee and North Carolina mountains on three of the most scenic roads in the region. All generations of NSX welcome!

Tentative Route Map: https://goo.gl/maps/V3barZsTFjyL4qbL9

Tentative Schedule (Eastern Time):
~times are approximate~
9:30am - Meet at Artistic Bean Townsend
10:00 - Depart on Morning Drive
11:30 - Pit Stop at 129 Hub
12:30pm - Lunch at Tapoco Lodge
1:45 - Photo op at Fontana Dam
2:00 - Depart for afternoon drives
~3:30 - Conclude afternoon drive
5-7 (TBD) Reconvene for Dinner at Lakeside Tavern in West Knoxville.

A winding jaunt up the Foothills Parkway and The Tail of the Dragon will lead us to lunch at the historic Tapoco Lodge. After lunch we will pause for a photo op at Fontana Dam followed by a cruise across the Cherohala Skyway back to civilization in time to freshen up before finishing the day with a lake-side group dinner in West Knoxville.

Optionally, stick around for Harper Cars & Coffee the following morning. The largest Cars and Coffee in the region, this event hosts upwards of 5,000 cars. We hope you'll join us!

Dang! I have friends coming into town for my birthday that weekend...otherwise I would be there! Lets do a fall one too? :p

Dang! I have friends coming into town for my birthday that weekend...otherwise I would be there! Lets do a fall one too? :p
Honestly we'd always do it in the fall if that didn't usually conflict with NSXPO. Temperature and scenery would be definitely a little nicer. Worse traffic though, on the flip side with leaf-change tourists.

Are non-nsx Hondas invited? My NSX will still be in the garage getting some work done but I could bring my FA5 Si down for the drive?

Understandable if you want to keep this NSX only.

Edit: Last year my AC wasn't working and I think the weather was in the mid 90's for the whole week so I skipped it! This year I'm getting some work done. Sometime I'll make it down with the NSX.

Are non-nsx Hondas invited? My NSX will still be in the garage getting some work done but I could bring my FA5 Si down for the drive?

Edit: Last year my AC wasn't working and I think the weather was in the mid 90's for the whole week so I skipped it! This year I'm getting some work done. Sometime I'll make it down with the NSX.
We had a couple of non-NSX last year, one wasn't even a Honda! Just don't park in the middle of all the NSX when we are taking pictures. :-D

You're good! Call it NSXs & Owners or something. Goodness knows we have some mechanical sympathy in the way of understanding a car being down. We've had people bring Mercedes and Corvettes who were owners without cars or previous owners in good standing. The only thing we try to avoid (and have so far done successfully) are complete randos there to "slay" vs. having a chill drive, lol.

@R13 How many folks have signed up so far? Debating if I drive down early that morning or come down Friday.
16 official so far, I expect we'll end up with a few more before go-time and then final count will depend on locals and weather. As a note Harper moved their C&C by a weekend so we may not line up with that event sadly.

16 official so far, I expect we'll end up with a few more before go-time and then final count will depend on locals and weather. As a note Harper moved their C&C by a weekend so we may not line up with that event sadly.

Great. It looks like I'll drive down early that morning and meet up at the Artistic Bean. Hopefully we picked up more people since the weather looks nice.

*shameless bump to the top incase anyone was on the fence. :)

Great. It looks like I'll drive down early that morning and meet up at the Artistic Bean. Hopefully we picked up more people since the weather looks nice.

*shameless bump to the top incase anyone was on the fence. :)

Did you see this free pic?

They posted mine too:

Did you see this free pic?

They posted mine too:

Thanks for the heads up….I’ll probably order a few of the pix from KillBoy. They had some great shots of the caravan on few twisties and banks.

I would love to see a video of the caravan doing a drive by just to hear each car’s different exhaust notes if such a thing existed. It seems like that would be a natural product offer.

I made Killboy daily post cover photo as well :)

Back