• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSXPO 2001 Update

Perhaps one of you guys can offer advice...

I'm pretty sure I'll be attending NSXPO. The current plan is to trailer my NSX to the event and to drive it on the track.

I'm not looking to set lap records but just to have some fun and engage in spirited driving.

My question is...Does anyone have a checklist of things to bring along? Here's what I'm thinking...

Helmut(s)
Tools
Bra
Extra set of 5 spoke wheels with track tires perhaps?
Jack
Air bottle
Detailing supplies
Pop-up tent
Etc...

Does anyone of you "anal retentive" types like me have a check list that you've used on these types of events?

If not, maybe we can construct such a list and make it part of the FAQ...(oops, I better check first, eh?)

Good thing I checked...there are some good suggestions already...
http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/Track/trackpreparation.htm

Does anyone have anything else to add to the list?

Thanks,
Jim

------------------
1992 NSX Red/Blk 5 spd #0330
1991 NSX Blk/Blk Auto #3070 (Sold)
1974 Vette 454 4 spd Wht/Blk
Looking for 76-79 Honda Accords

The packet that attendees receive in advance includes a checklist. Here's a sample from a previous NSXPO:

r Clothing
r This Information Packet
r Track school packet
r Maps / Road Atlas
r Sunglasses, Sunscreen
r CD’s / Cassettes
r Two-Way Radio With Charger And Extra Batteries
r Tire Gauge
r Window Cleaner And Paper Towels
r Car Washing Supplies
r Service Manual
r Spare Brake Pads
r Cap Or Other Head Covering, Jacket
r Camera, Digital Camera, Camcorder
r Film (a lot) (a REAL lot), Extra memory for your digital camera

This is in addition to the items that are specific to the track event (for which the checklist in the FAQ will suffice).

Yes, but people coming from/through Cleveland, Columbus, and Cincinnati are likely to take three different routes. The routes from Columbus and Cincinnati converge in Indianapolis, but I don't think there is going to be a meeting point there. All the routes from the east and southeast will converge in Chicago.

The meeting point in Chicago will be in the northern suburbs at noon on Wednesday October 17. Details to follow.

Originally posted by nsxtasy:
The meeting point in Chicago will be in the northern suburbs at noon on Wednesday October 17. Details to follow.

Just curious how eveything is going to match up here. Wei-Shen posted that the Southeast caravan is Forida to Atlanta Monday, Atlanta to Nashville Tuesday, and Nashville to NSXPO Wednesday.

But if the big Chicago is leaving leaving from north of the city at Noon... that's almost 500 miles from Nashville, which means that everyone would have to leave Nashville at 2:00AM Wednesday morning to meet up with the Chicago caravan, which I'm pretty sure is not the plan.... ?

Also, Peter M. just posted that the Northeast caravan is planning to do NY/NJ to Toledo, OH on Tuesday and Toledo to NSXPO on Wednesday leaving OH at 8AM. If they are going to try and meet the Chicago caravan, I think they would really need to leave more around 6AM to be safe.

[This message has been edited by Lud (edited 21 August 2001).]

Obviously, each caravan will make its own decisions on timing and whether to meet up with other groups.

I assume that the Florida group is planning to drive directly to the RealTime reception in Milwaukee Wednesday evening. The Chicago group is planning to go up early to check in at the Osthoff and relax, then backtrack to RealTime.

Also, Peter M. just posted that the Northeast caravan is planning to do NY/NJ to Toledo, OH on Tuesday and Toledo to NSXPO on Wednesday leaving OH at 8AM. If they are going to try and meet the Chicago caravan, I think they would really need to leave more around 6AM to be safe.

Actually, I think 8 a.m. works. Toledo to Chicago is around 220 miles, as I recall - figure three hours. Add a half hour for a late departure, an hour for traveling around the city of Chicago, a half hour for stops, and subtract an hour for the time zone change, and that puts them at the Chicago meeting point at noon.

[This message has been edited by nsxtasy (edited 21 August 2001).]

Man, I wish this guy was on MY route!

Subject: [NSX] Invitation for NSXPO attendees
To: [email protected]

Ron Stafford of Superior Acura in Kansas City wanted to extend an invite out to everyone heading out to NSXPO.

He invited anyone who will be in the area to meet at his home for a steak dinner provided by Ron and family on the 15th and then a free breakfast at Superior Acura on the morning of the 16th. Before taking the final drive to the Lake Elkhart area.

You can reach him at: [email protected]

Superior Acura also have a 94 Brooklands Green/Tan NSX with 34.5k miles on it with just about every factory option including bra and car cover.

Ron is not on the list but he is in NSXCA and owns a 2001 NSX-T. I told him I would post his announcements for him.

Usual disclaimers apply.

Back