• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSXpo 2012 HPDE Registration NOW OPEN!!!

Thanks to all for your patience while we did our due dilligence in making sure our budget and preparations were in order -- I'm extremely excited to announce that Registration for NSXpo 2012's HPDE Track Event is now OFFICIALLY OPEN!!

Come one and all and pass the word to all your friends -- this year's Track Event is gonna be a blast -- held at High Plains Raceway, the best and most exciting road track in Colorado!! And if you act now (for July only), you will get it at the best deal in years: early bird registration is truly a major bargain at only $299 for 2 awesome days!!! :biggrin:

Have questions that aren't answered on the registration page?
Email: [email protected]. Hope to see you all there!

Best Regards,
-- Bruce​

Hey Bruce,
The track does look like fun! Do you have any links to some track videos?

The YouTube selection is surprisingly lacking for good videos. The link on the track page at nsxpo.com (http://www.youtube.com/HighPlainsDenver) has a number of virtual laps sprinkled in; I actually think the one that's supposed to be Lewis Hamilton in his F1 car is mostly accurate (but not completely) in terms of the driving line; Here are some other real videos you might be interested in:

• Cayman S from this past April - This one is interesting because it is filmed in HD and has data overlaid on the video including where the car is on the track map; it's also more recent, so it shows the new curbing that was just installed this year. However, the elevation changes are much more pronounced than it appears on this video!
  • NSX from last December - You might enjoy this because it's filmed from an NSX but there's snow on the ground so reference points are hidden and the driver is not always on the preferred driving line, possibly due to moisture on the track.
  • Leh Keen in One Lap of America GT-R - another recent video from May; worth watching because Leh Keen is driving, so the line is nearly spot on (although I might take slight exception to his turn 4 exit :wink:). The problem with this one is where the camera is mounted -- makes it hard to see the apexes on the right-handers (i.e., most of them!).
FYI (and not that we care about such things in our HPDE), but a good time for a NA, somewhat modified NSX will be somewhere in the 2:05 to 2:10 range depending on tires, suspension, etc.

Hope this helps!

Bruce

NSXPO HPDE Early Bird Registration: $299 by Tuesday, July 31

The Earl Bird registration deadline is Tuesday, July 31, for the two-day NSXPO drivers school
at High Plains Raceway at the incredible price of $299 for both days.

That $299 price includes track admission AND the drivers school for TWO days -- Sept. 17 and 18!

The school is being organized by Bruce McPherson, who is the founder of High Performance Driving Techniques (see http://www.hpdriving.com/).
He also has been the chief driving instructor for the NSX Club of America since 1999.

To register for the event, go to the MotorsportReg site using this link:
http://bit.ly/NaWrkg.

Early Bird registration ends Tuesday, July 31, so sign up today and save!

Hope to see you at the track!

cheers,
--Bruce Henderson
Bruce McPherson
NSXPO 2012 co-chairs

Is this an NSX club exclusive track event, or is it open to others?

Is this an NSX club exclusive track event, or is it open to others?
We have invited some locals....and some NSX owners who are flying in are finding other non-NSX cars here to rent/drive.
Do you know some folks locally who might want to participate? If so, please PM me... thanks! It's a real bargain!
Two days of drivers school, including the track rental, for $299 if they register by the end of the day Tuesday...

--bruce h
NSXPO 2012 co-chair

Last edited:
Re: NSXPO HPDE Early Bird Registration: $299 by Tuesday, July 31

The Earl Bird registration deadline is Tuesday, July 31, for the two-day NSXPO drivers school
at High Plains Raceway at the incredible price of $299 for both days.

That $299 price includes track admission AND the drivers school for TWO days -- Sept. 17 and 18!

The school is being organized by Bruce McPherson, who is the founder of High Performance Driving Techniques (see http://www.hpdriving.com/).
He also has been the chief driving instructor for the NSX Club of America since 1999.

To register for the event, go to the MotorsportReg site using this link:
http://bit.ly/NaWrkg.

Early Bird registration ends Tuesday, July 31, so sign up today and save!

Hope to see you at the track!

cheers,
--Bruce Henderson
Bruce McPherson
NSXPO 2012 co-chairs

Just a reminder... Early Bird registration ends today for the NSXPO 2012 drivers school... after today, you can still register, but it will cost more!

cheers,
--bruce

If you have never tracked your car before, this really is a great opportunity to do it. You'll be on the track with folks that you know, in the same car, in a super safe environment.

If you have insurance concerns checkout Lockton Affinity who offer track insurance for a single event or multiple track events. Loaner helmets are available. Folks here on Prime will answer your questions and help you out.

This is your chance to experience your car like it should be.

Don't be left out, sign up now!

All registered, Just need to call the hotel once my schedule for Tuesday night is finalized..
I was able to snag a helmet from Indy driver Simon Pagenaud #77 from the Edmonton Indy. SNELL 2010 SA approved...
I'm pumped about it!

Good thing his power plant is HONDA, or I couldn't use it !

Last edited:
Just Registered - first time attendee (and original owner) from Washington State. Cannot do the track day, but looking foreward to the four days together. Cheers !

WA-NSX you are going to have such a great time (even without doing the track which does only make it better). Looking forward to meeting all the west-coast folks. You can show all us up tight east coast folks how to relax and have a good time :)

I'm flying in from California on 09/14. I'm registered for both the social and track events. Does it make more sence to reserve a room at the Omni for the social stuff on Friday & Saturday, then move over to the Airport Marriott on Sunday, Monday & Tuesday for the track days?

Please advise.
Thanks, looking forward to my 1st NSXpo!

I'm flying in from California on 09/14. I'm registered for both the social and track events. Does it make more sence to reserve a room at the Omni for the social stuff on Friday & Saturday, then move over to the Airport Marriott on Sunday, Monday & Tuesday for the track days?

Please advise.
Thanks, looking forward to my 1st NSXpo!

It definitely makes sense to stay at the Omni for the social events... it's a great hotel, and you will have so much more fun being with everyone... the two hotels are not in the same area.

cheers,
--bruce h

I've got a problem with the tech inspection form asking the inspector to sign off on brake heat performance, by doing at 5 stops from at least 80MPH, while checking for fade. First off, where could a tech. do that during business hours? And I don't think I would want some one else doing that, in my car, on the street somewhere.
I looked at MVP and Chin Motor sports tech inspections, from a couple years ago and they didn't have such a requirement. I don't recall having seen that on my previous NSXPO event either.
I've got HPS pads on my car now and have HP+ pads that I could change to. It would seem that having OEM or other pads and NEW brake fluid that is recommended by some one who has some expertise on the matter, would be a starting point.
Yes I know you don't want to be going 130 with a hairpin turn coming up, and then find out your brakes won't stop you. Which is why you take it easy for several laps to give time for things to settle out. Howard

Are we still looking for instructors? Liz father will be coming down and may be available. He is a former SCCA Trans Am series driver and instructor for Bob Bondurant?. Same question about tech, Liz is bringing the Noble, brake shudder gone and it has been teched, only issue is the braking.
Tim

I've got a problem with the tech inspection form asking the inspector to sign off on brake heat performance, by doing at 5 stops from at least 80MPH, while checking for fade. First off, where could a tech. do that during business hours? And I don't think I would want some one else doing that, in my car, on the street somewhere.
I looked at MVP and Chin Motor sports tech inspections, from a couple years ago and they didn't have such a requirement. I don't recall having seen that on my previous NSXPO event either.
I've got HPS pads on my car now and have HP+ pads that I could change to. It would seem that having OEM or other pads and NEW brake fluid that is recommended by some one who has some expertise on the matter, would be a starting point.
Yes I know you don't want to be going 130 with a hairpin turn coming up, and then find out your brakes won't stop you. Which is why you take it easy for several laps to give time for things to settle out. Howard

It was on last year's form, although it stated "3 or 4 hard stops from 60mph". I changed it to "5-6 hard stops from min. of 80mph" because I believe 3 or 4 hard stops from 60mph won't actually incur any fade 90% of the time and figured if we had it on there it should actually be a test that has a chance of revealing a potential problem. I assumed people could find a suitably empty freeway for testing purposes.

If you don't want to do the test, just have the mechanic strike it with a line through it and we'll accept it. Each driver assumes full responsibility for the mechanical suitability and track worthiness of the car regardless. The important point is to make sure the braking system is thoroughly checked out. I would recommend that you use the highest performance pad possible and replace the brake fluid with fresh Motul 600. What people don't often realize is that at our altitude, there is 12-15% less air available for cooling, (both engine and brake cooling) and that it presents a very real challenge for our cars.

Is there a list somewhere to make sure that we registered for the track. I know that I booked the hotel room but I just want to make sure that I didn't space the track.:redface:

Is there a list somewhere to make sure that we registered for the track. I know that I booked the hotel room but I just want to make sure that I didn't space the track.:redface:

Yeah, I spaced it. Registered!. Everyone should register. All I can say, track time = Good Times

Oh man, glad you wrote that. I spaced on the track hotel. Booking it now.

I concur: Track Time = Good Times!

If you are even thinking about doing it, then do it. NSXPO is the best place for first timers.

And if you haven't been out on the track for awhile, then do it. How can you pass up being on the track with all your NSX friends?

It sure would be nice to see a list of those signed up. I think it could boost participation by some that are unsure of doing it. When they see their friend signed up it might get them to sign up too. Just first names or Prime name and the car, would be enough.

There is a list that was started for the Social Part of the event.

Here's the list for those attending the track starting with . . . me

1. Pooh
2. The Don

Last edited:
Back