• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSXpo 2012 HPDE Registration NOW OPEN!!!

Registered & booked. Coming east with Shad/Driving Ambition.
Looking forward to some rocky mountain track time! :biggrin:

1. Pooh
2. The Don
3. Honcho
4. 1K2GO

Looking forward to seeing how my little ol' NA-powered 91 gets crushed by that track beast you built. ;)

David,
I'll see you at the track and hopefully no more theater this year.

Glad to see you're going David.

btw David was very well behaved last year.
Hmmm - maybe you're right to be worried. It could be an alternate year thing.

Just wanted to report I had a half-day at HPR yesterday with Bruce. What a great track! My little car overheated though and we cooked the brakes pretty good. I would repeat Bruce's caution about cooling up here, having seen it in person now. Ambient temps were around 90. September should be a little cooler, but I would make sure your coolant system is filled and you have fresh hi-temp brake fluid. I flushed and filled with ATE Typ 200 the day before and we had no boiling issues despite the heat. Bruce is a fantastic instructor. I can see why NSXCA retains him.

Add some insurance, run with the heat on, windows open;)

Thanks! I'll do that next time. Temps were ok until we stopped for a refuel. When we turned the car back on, needle went straight to red. We went back out and drove an easy lap, which brought the temps back to normal. After 3 hard laps, it was pegged on red again. Another cooldown lap and I got about 5 more out of the car before it pegged the needle again. The 50 minute drive home got the temps back to normal, but there were a few drops of coolant under the car in the garage after an hour or so sitting there. I'm taking it into Acura to try and figure out what is going on. I think it might be air in the system. I might have them put in a new Koyo radiator before XPO though... :)

Thanks! I'll do that next time. Temps were ok until we stopped for a refuel. When we turned the car back on, needle went straight to red. We went back out and drove an easy lap, which brought the temps back to normal. After 3 hard laps, it was pegged on red again. Another cooldown lap and I got about 5 more out of the car before it pegged the needle again. The 50 minute drive home got the temps back to normal, but there were a few drops of coolant under the car in the garage after an hour or so sitting there. I'm taking it into Acura to try and figure out what is going on. I think it might be air in the system. I might have them put in a new Koyo radiator before XPO though... :)
Yes, sounds abnormal...get it fixed. I have a new coolant tank in my garage waiting to replace the yellowing one that at almost 22 years is probably beyond reasonable service life (will have to wait until I'm done installing new suspension).

NSXpo 2012 HPDE Registration Deadline is Next Week!!

The deadline for registering for NSXpo's High Plains Raceway driver's school is one week from today, Friday, September 7th! Please note that it will not be extended this year as in years past (unless you're willing to pay the registrar :wink:)...Here's the link: http://bit.ly/NaWrkg

Also please note that the deadline for booking rooms at the headquarters hotel for the track event under the group rate is even sooner, this Tuesday, September 4th! After that, they are free to sell the rooms in that block to the public. The hotel booking link is here: http://bit.ly/N1kVOg

** Finally, for those that are already registered, just a reminder to make sure your tech forms are filled out, signed and stamped by your technician!! **

Don't miss out on this awesome chance to drive the best race track in Colorado in a car whose limits were made to explore!!

Questions? Email: [email protected]

I have my tech inspection done. Does someone need a copy of it before the event? If so, when, and where do I send it?

No. Please bring the Tech Form and your helmet to registration Thursday night at the Omni or Sunday evening at the Marriott (preferably Thursday if you are already there). You will need both of those in order to receive your track registration packet at that time!

NSXpo 2012 HPDE Registration Deadline Extended Thru Today!

For anyone still considering doing this awesome track event, the registration was extended until the end of the day today, Sunday, Sept. 9th. So this is your last chance - really!

Track Info Packet, Schedule, Tech Form, Chalk Talk

The NSXpo Track Information Packet is now available for download on the Track page at NSXpo.com or you may download it directly by clicking here. This document contains valuable information about the track event which you will need to know before you arrive. If you are registered for the track event, be sure to download and read it completely before you leave your home for NSXpo!

The tentative HPDE Schedule can also be downloaded at the same page (subject to change). You will receive a final schedule in your HPDE registration packet when you register in person for the event.

There is also a new version of the Tech Inspection Form (also on the same page) for those that have not yet gotten theirs done -- the one change is to make the Brake Heat test optional since we received so many inquiries about it. If you have given the earlier version to your technician, he can just strike it out and we'll accept it.

For those that don't know, I'll be putting on a chalk talk on High Plains Raceway at the Denver Airport Marriott on Sunday at 5:00 PM in the Massive/Sopris room. This will include a powerpoint presentation and a video and is highly recommended for everyone, but especially for anyone who has never been there before. We will also be holding registration at that time for those that didn't have a chance to register at the Omni on Thursday.

Also, our hotel informs me that we still have a single room night needed to be booked for us to reach our guaranteed minimum, so if you're a local participant, consider attending the chalk talk and staying over Sunday night!

We're only 1 week away, looking forward to seeing all of you soon! :smile:

Questions? email [email protected]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

HPDE participants,

If you have not already checked in with Bruce McPherson, please bring your helmet and tech inspection form (and drivers license) to Flatirons or to the dinner tonight so you can do so. With these in hand, find Bruce and he'll check you in / give you the info packet you need (with number to put on your car).

Arrived home safe after the HPDE. Learned alot about driving and I would seriously recommend this to everyone. I agree that Bruce is a great teacher and really improves even my very meager skills. I also had a PCA instructor, Kathy, who was really superb. Now, adjust the clutch, get use to the on/off nature of the clutch, drive the car, drive the car, drive the car.... get ready for more track time. I am sooooo addicted.

Arrived home safe after the HPDE. Learned alot about driving and I would seriously recommend this to everyone. I agree that Bruce is a great teacher and really improves even my very meager skills. I also had a PCA instructor, Kathy, who was really superb. Now, adjust the clutch, get use to the on/off nature of the clutch, drive the car, drive the car, drive the car.... get ready for more track time. I am sooooo addicted.

Awesome...so no mechanicals? How did your wife and the nobel do?

Awesome...so no mechanicals? How did your wife and the nobel do?

No real mechanicals on the 3100 mile road trip with 2 days at the track. Liz had a great time in the Noble and her father had driven in his M3. He did one session in the Noble and was completely floored by its performance despite some continued brake shudder, "Best handling and most neutral car he had ever driven except for a race car" and this was with stock high performance road tires. It was interesting how the Noble could pull away from a 3.5 SC car on the back straight driven by a very good driver.

My only issues mechanically was a little blow by which will be solved with a catch can and, I cringe to say it, TOO much power. The car is now officially known as the "beast" Bruce drove my car for the first 3 laps and after we completed the first turn, all he kept saying was that I needed to be really careful. I think he said it at least 5 more times as he kept breaking traction as he eased into the throttle. We came in and Shad was kind enough to turn down the boost to 12 lbs. Even then, there was more than enough to drive at no lower than 3rd gear. Once, the comment was "Are you in 2nd", my answer, "No, 4th", reply "Oh Sh--" The only time that I put the car in 2nd, did a serious butt shake after coming out of turn 6 and accelerating with the car already straight which didn't thrill Shad too much.

We won the Chin Motorsports trackday at the dinner auction so we will be coming out east sometime to drive, maybe VIR in anticipation of XPO.

...TOO much power. The car is now officially known as the "beast" Bruce drove my car for the first 3 laps and after we completed the first turn, all he kept saying was that I needed to be really careful...

Well...that was before the 19 lbs. of boost was turned down! Shad thought it was making around 850 hp. My seat-of-the-pants calculation would roughly confirm it. It actually was scary - it came in so hard it was nearly undriveable exiting corners. Once he dropped it to 12 lbs. it was nice and smooth...awesome car Tim!

yowza...well if I ever tried to drive your car like i do my NA 300 hp car I too would be underwear staining:wink: Sounds like a great time,and from some of the feedback your school and event have recruited some new xpoeans for the future...well done!

Back