• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSXPO Proposal-PLEASE VOTE HERE

Where should NSXPO 2011 be?

• Total voters
Dear friends,

A few members here have asked me about possibly submitting a proposal to NSXCA to have 2011 NSXPO here in Texas. I would love to have an event of this magnitude here and I think it would be absolutely amazing!

Then came the question as to where. We tossed around the idea of Houston vs Austin. Ultimately, I'd like to see/hear from you to see what your thoughts are? The last NSXPO in Texas was in Dallas, that's the reason Dallas is not in the poll.

You can Vote for more than one option.

Once we determine where, we can move forward with an official proposal.

Sincerely,
- Zishan

Last edited:
1.) Houston - Does have a motorsports area. Cars and coffee getting really huge. A mojority of the NSX owners that could help contribute if the turn out is big sectioned in groups. Plenty of places to eat and Site see. NASA, Galveston runs to the Gulf. If scheduled in the Oct time frame Texas Mile can be an option for the owners to see how their cars would fess up in the Standing mile.

2.) Austin - Tech city. Track South of Austin, 2013 would be ideal for a proposal if Texas does not make the cut for 2011. F1 Grand Prix Track would be a big plus. LIME Creek road would give the much out of towners a taste of our roads. Site seeing, weather during this time as pasts would be awsome (minus) rain. Texas Mile would be an option with a drive included as to Houston as well.

You can not go wrong with either. Support would be needed and I would be of assistance.

I can go on but you get the idea.

=g=

Thanks for the feedback guys. I didn't think of the F1 situation. Regardless, let's see how the poll plays out and let's see what the majority thinks.

In hindsight, I should have added, "wait for 2012/13" :smile:

Regards,

I don't understand the concept of waiting until the F1 track is open and running. It's not like we are going to be able to have a track day out at that track. Nor will it be feasible to purchase tickets for that race for an unknown number of participants. Many people who go to NSXPO sign up at the last moment.
I'd really like to put together a proposal and submit it before the end of this month. I voted anywhere in Texas

time to brain-storm...

FWIW, I haven't spoken to any of the local NSX yokels w/ regards to this. But, I'm confident that myself, K.O., Ojas, Jose, Luis, and Chris would be active towards such an endeavor. There are also 3-4 others (Bob, Todd, Mike, Truong) that I would need to bring into the loop. I'll be in-touch w/ Z' & Matt to keep them updated.

With regards to Austin's F1 racetrack facility, they break ground in December (2010) w/ an anticipated construction timeline of ~18 months, so a proposed June 2012 completion of the track/grandstands & a presumable Fall 2012 F1 G.P. However, it's been said that for such a time-table, it means other facilities, amenities, boxes/concourses, hospitality, et'al won't be up & running (ie. just enough infrastructure to host the F1 G.P. for the inaugural weekend, the other stuff will be under-construction or getting finishing-touches).

Off-topic, but related:

Those of you who are keen towards the Austin F1 track & forthcoming G.P., please let the Austin & Travis county board know how much you want such a venue. Despite the facts that there is largely private funding in place, the financial models showing the boon the venue would bring to the local/regional area as well as being in the black year-in/year-out (this is apart from the other calender events, R&D, etc' which would further add to the positive economic influx & regional development/revenue) and the general prestige & acclaim that it would bring to C. Texas, the notable local area board members are doing their best to make their ignorance & myopic viewpoints take hold. You all would face-palm if you saw (at times) how unfit/aloof/disenchanted some of these individuals are (ie. lacking any/all insight or comprehension w/ regards to any background or knowledge of what's at hand).

For how stereotypical Texas may seem when it comes to getting things done & marching to the beat of its own drummer, Austin is a whole other monster (ie. out-of-touch bureaucratic hippies who just wish to argue for the sake of arguing).

Reference:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Friends-of-Formula-1-Austin-Texas/157330087614878

http://www.linkedin.com/groups?home=&gid=3173519

http://www.elroytx.com

Once, I have a more consolidated plan & list of contacts/links, I'll make a thread here on Prime for others to directly voice their support. Also, for others here on Prime to fwd to their friends, family, colleagues, as well as most importantly - other automotive enthusiast forums/sites/boards/blogs! The majority want this, but are silent; the minority don't want this, but are loud. . .

Last edited:
I voted for Houston because it's only seven hours away at most but I'd show up in Austin without a doubt...my favorite Texas city.

Austin for the less traffic, women, food, nightlife, hill country cruises, the oasis and most off all.... FOR THE WIN!!!

Austin FTMFW, I hate Houston's traffic, plus crime is pretty bad there.

I would say Austin or Houston. The DFW crowd is basically lame(sorry guys). We needs a cool location and a track near by. Austin is by far the best choice since the idea of a cool drive in Houston would require us going from one on ramp to another exit ramp. IOW - the drive would be quite B O R I N G!!

Not sure yet...I'll have to discuss this with the natives and see what we can come up with.

matt your nuts if you dont think we can get time on the F1 track once its built!!!!!

thats like saying you cant do a DE at Laguna.....

either way I'm in 4 sure..... as yall know I bought a car just to go to EXPO

Texas is my vote. fine people, great weather, and some fine roads, maybe a coastal cruise down 35, oh if we could only get it closed to public traffic for a few hours. . And of course then there is Austin, the nightlife is fantastic, food and music are Kickin. And the hill country roads. Sweet.

The deadline is 12/15 to submit a proposal.
Do you guys want to get together sometime this week to put one together?

Back