• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSXPO

The moment for my driving school draws nigh and, alas, I have no helmet. I've checked many dealers on the web and the least expensive seems to be the Mag-4 (Bell). I even have bid on one on Ebay. I hate to spend $230 on a helmet I may not use again (of course, if I like this, I'll be using it a lot). Any other outlets where I might get one used for less?

I was told there will be some helmets for use, but not too many. I am just like you. I don't want to spend that much money on something I may not ever use again.

The NSX Club of America has six helmets in various sizes that will be available as loaners on a first-come, first-served basis.

Also remember that when one group is out running there are 3 groups waiting to go out so if you can convince someone else you are free of head lice you'll get a helmet.Toothbrush is another story.

Well, I would love to borrow one if someone is willing. I have no idea how big my head is though.. probably average..

You can use any helmet with a M95/M2000 Snell rating, You can find these helmets for as little as $70 at most Motorcycle dealers. I use a Bieffe Pole Possition helmet street price $100, but KBC, Bell, and others all offer helmets in this entry level price range. On the other hand if you are going to start a racing career you would be better off spending more for a SA2000 ratting on the helmet you buy.

I am not sure you want to use someone elses helmet after a 20 min. session, it may be less than fresh smelling after they are done.

Good Luck,

Dave

I believe I have an extra HJC large M95 helmet around in good condition if anyone wants to buy it for $50. It is the open face style in dark burgandy.

Cheers,
-- Chris

------------------
Revolutionize your NSX with ScienceofSpeed
www.ScienceofSpeed.com | [email protected] | 877-863-4520

Originally posted by NetViper:
So then we can use motorcycle helmets?

Yes for NSXPO 2002, as noted here.

However, other groups hold track events which might require an "SA" helmet, so consider that when evaluating a possible purchase.

[This message has been edited by nsxtasy (edited 30 October 2002).]

Back