• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSXPrime appreciating HID kit special sale

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Joined
Feb 23, 2003
Messages
3,891
Location
San Francisco
Hi guys,
I would like to do a special run of 10 HID kits. 5300k is $390 and 6000k is $410. Shipping is $10. With each kit sold, I will personally donate $25 to Prime as an appreciation for all the unseen hard works that Lud and the moderators do.
I will need to divide the delivery dates to mid of August and end of August.
So please sign up accordingly. Serious buyers please.
Mid of August delivery.
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.

End of August delivery.
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
Thanks,
Steve
 
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Joined
May 24, 2002
Messages
2,451
Location
Dana Point, CA USA
I don't know Steve other than from doing business with him. I don't have any financial gain from this blurb. I'm only clarifying all of this so that you potential buyers will know that I am being sincere.

Steve provides a quality product at a very fair price (esp. when you see what else is out there). Moreover, his kits are specifically engineered for our babies and he seems to be a very, very cool guy. He shipped as delivered and my buying experience with him was first notch.

If you're even remotely on the fence about this... don't be.
 
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Joined
May 13, 2000
Messages
1,797
Location
Near Rotterdam
Grrrrrrreat......... i wanted steve's kit, tuns out dutch law changed this week concerning aftermarket HID kits.....
 
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Joined
Feb 23, 2003
Messages
3,891
Location
San Francisco
Mid of August delivery.
1. ROWB_1 6000k kit
2. schuey1010 6000k
3. cetro993 6000k
4. allcoupedup 5300k
5. Gene 6000k
 
Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Joined
Apr 5, 2004
Messages
981
Location
Wally World Dad
Steve, I would like the 6000 kit with the mid august delivery if possible. If you could sign me up and PM me the payment details again, I will get payment right off to you.

thanks
 
Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Joined
Nov 15, 2002
Messages
2,564
Location
Kongsberg, Norway
Hi Steve

I would like a 6000K kit for end of august please. I live in North of Norway, but now it is getting darker and darker every night so I need some lights.

Please PM me with details.

If you have a suggestion/kit converting the stock foglights to HID I would like to hear about that too.

Do you have a kit to have the high beam HID's too?

Regards
 
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Joined
May 24, 2002
Messages
2,451
Location
Dana Point, CA USA
Just spent about an hour and half with a buddy installing my HID's from Steve. I forwarn you all that I am an absolute idiot when it comes to doing anything mechanical but frankly, it wasn't that bad. The fit and finish is great, the instructions were clear and perhaps the hardest part was getting some of the OEM connections undone (I was afraid to pull on wires and my fat hands kept getting in the way).

Great product.
 
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Joined
Feb 23, 2003
Messages
3,891
Location
San Francisco
martin said:
Hi Steve

I would like a 6000K kit for end of august please. I live in North of Norway, but now it is getting darker and darker every night so I need some lights.

Please PM me with details.

If you have a suggestion/kit converting the stock foglights to HID I would like to hear about that too.

Do you have a kit to have the high beam HID's too?

Regards
Hi Martin,
I would love to build you low, high beams, and foglights kits. Does your car have 9006/9005 set-up and H3 for the fog?
Steve
 
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Joined
Nov 15, 2002
Messages
2,564
Location
Kongsberg, Norway
whiteNSXs said:
Hi Martin,
I would love to build you low, high beams, and foglights kits. Does your car have 9006/9005 set-up and H3 for the fog?
Steve

Hi

I have the orginal OEM foglights. Not sure what they are called. But they look exactly the same as the daylight running lights in the Service manual on page 23- I 90.

The main lights are the "normal" one..? They are as all others I would think. They are pictured in the manual on the same page.

My NSX should not be any different from the NSX's in the US/Canada when it comes to lights.

Here is a picture.

I am not sure how much work (and $) it would be to get HID high beams too? If I could rank them I would like to have the low beams first. Then the high beams and then eventually the fog lights.

Regards
 
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Joined
Dec 5, 2001
Messages
343
Location
Minneapolis, MN
I received my kit from steve and it took me 12mins/side to install after the covers and lamps were out. they were that easy, thanks Steve

Kevin
 
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Joined
Feb 23, 2003
Messages
3,891
Location
San Francisco
Hi, I finished the first 5 kits and have sent out most of them.
Please let me know by next week if anyone else wants to join the list.
So far for the end of August group is as following
1. martin 6000k H1 kit
2. shimmy 6000k
3.
4.
5.
Thanks.
Steve
 
Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Joined
Jul 16, 2002
Messages
5,630
Location
Bay Area CA
martin said:
I am not sure how much work (and $) it would be to get HID high beams too? If I could rank them I would like to have the low beams first. Then the high beams and then eventually the fog lights.

Martin, not trying to do Steve out of an extra sale, but honestly there is really no need for High Beam HIDs on NSX

Several reasons:
1) On the NSX when on high beam, the low beams remain on - so you will have a LOT of light power in the high beam situation with the HIDs already on the Lows
2) High beams are usually on for short durations - HIDs take a significant time to warm up; they won't be effective as high beams for this reason

My recommendation - get some good quality halogens to match the colour of the HID's (as well as some LEDs for the parking lights) Matching the colour will be harder with a 6000K - I have those & they are very blue - if I had to do again I would get the lesser temp, they're "whiter"

Hope I didn't say anything untoward, Steve?
 
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Joined
Nov 15, 2002
Messages
2,564
Location
Kongsberg, Norway
D'Ecosse said:
Martin, not trying to do Steve out of an extra sale, but honestly there is really no need for High Beam HIDs on NSX

Hi

Thanks for your points. I have setteled for a low beam kit for now. Have to see what I do in the future. If I do HID's on the foglights it would mainly be for looks.

I will check out some "HID" H1 for the high beams and see how they compare to the kit that it is on its way at the end of the month.

Regards
 
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Joined
Feb 23, 2003
Messages
3,891
Location
San Francisco
D'Ecosse said:
Matching the colour will be harder with a 6000K - I have those & they are very blue - if I had to do again I would get the lesser temp, they're "whiter"

Hope I didn't say anything untoward, Steve?
Hi Ken,
I think what happened is that there has not been very unifying scale to rate color temps. My 6000k is actually very white without much blue tinge like yours. The most accurate time to judge the clor is at night.
Steve
 
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Joined
Jan 7, 2004
Messages
2
Hi Steve:

I installed the HIDs last night. Excellent packaging and instructions! I am very happy with the white brightness of the lights! Thanks! :biggrin:

Allen
 
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Joined
Oct 21, 2004
Messages
816
Location
Valencia, CA
whiteNSXs said:
Hi Ken,
I think what happened is that there has not been very unifying scale to rate color temps. My 6000k is actually very white without much blue tinge like yours. The most accurate time to judge the clor is at night.
Steve

I've got whiteNSXs' 6000 kit and it is very white. No yellow at all. Great kit!
 
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Joined
Jul 16, 2002
Messages
5,630
Location
Bay Area CA
Simons2k said:
I've got whiteNSXs' 6000 kit and it is very white. No yellow at all. Great kit!
I don't think you'll find yellow on any HID kit - the question is regarding the degree of blue.
I would be confident if Steve says his are white that I would trust that - we'll need to compare when next together, Steve. I'm sure not all bulbs are created equal. The other thing is, I don't know how you tell on the lamp itself, other than the label on the packing tube - who knows what the lamps themselves really are!
The most noticable element of the blue is when I am behind a white car in traffic - it is definitely quite noticable in the presented image of the vehicle (or similarly for license plates)

I may even consider trading out my bulbs to get a more pure white look.
 
Top