• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

nyc area acura service center

Just picked up my first nsx this weekend. I'm looking for the best nyc area acura service center. I've heard that every dealership is reqd to have at least 1 mechanic that is certified to work on the nsx. Is this true? What are your experiences? Any service center that you guys have been particularly happy or unhappy with? I want to find a place that I'm comfortable handing my car to. Thanks.

PM Larry Bastanza here on Prime. NSXCA President and zen master of all things NSX. He is in Warwick (orange county). I doubt you will find any dealer with anyone who has even worked on a NSX let alone a certfied NSX tech any longer.

PM Larry Bastanza here on Prime. NSXCA President and zen master of all things NSX. He is in Warwick (orange county). I doubt you will find any dealer with anyone who has even worked on a NSX let alone a certfied NSX tech any longer.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
What he said, why search when the best is within reach!!! I drove by my local Acura dealer one time to pick up a "part", and the service people didn't even know where the engine was (they had all rushed out to see the car), I laughed my ass off!

I've heard that every dealership is reqd to have at least 1 mechanic that is certified to work on the nsx. Is this true?
This was true in the early years of the car's sales, but it is no longer true today.

Larry Bastanza is one of the very best NSX mechanics in the entire country, maybe even THE very best. He does the work in Warwick NY. It will take you about an hour to get there from the GW, and it's well worth the drive. He posts here as NSXprime username "Larry Bastanza". You can send him an e-mail by clicking here, or a private message through NSXprime by clicking here.

I would be willing to take the NSX to any nearby competent mechanic but ONLY for the most routine jobs - tire replacements, brake pad changes, and oil changes - and I would make sure to specify which tires, brake pads, and oil to use, based on posts here. But for anything more complex than that, I would insist on taking it to a mechanic who has worked on a lot of NSX's, who knows all the common problems, and the shortcuts, and the "gotchas". And in the NYC area, that's Larry B.

Last edited:
The NSX brotherhood, love it. I would never have found the NSX zen master on my own. I'll get in touch with Larry. You guys are really helpful. Much appreciated.

The NSX brotherhood, love it. I would never have found the NSX zen master on my own. I'll get in touch with Larry. You guys are really helpful. Much appreciated.

You will not regret it!!

Larry is at the top of the short list of best NSX mechanics.

Last edited:
Larry is at the top of the short list of best NSX mechanics.
:biggrin:

Incidentally, you hope you never need a body shop to work on your NSX, but in case you do, the guy who posted just above me runs the best body shop for NSX repair work in the country. And he's not far from you, either.

Back