• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Observations on JH4NA2167VT000020

I just checked over at ebay....Another dealer is high bid right now. At least its not a private party. Also Harrier has lowered the reserve price on his coupe/targa hybrid....maybe he wants to dump it quickly now that the heat has been turned up. He has also removed both postings on this site with the original copy and pictures.....makes you wonder what he is up to. However its still posted over at:
http://www.nsxsc.com/ubb/Forum6/HTML/000790.html

where he claims it is the 97 BLUE NSX Coupe from that year. Could the current owner of that coupe step forward to debunk that theory. Pictures of your real 97 coupe would interesting for comparsion purposes....

The car is also listed on Autotrader where he claims he is a private seller at $54,800.00

[This message has been edited by kinnsella (edited 14 January 2003).]

Originally posted by Lud:
Since there have been threats of lawyers,

Don't worry about threats of lawyers. Anyone who has to "threaten" rather than go right out and retain one is bluffing.

Just remember, he voluntarily utilized a website owned, operated and maintained by you thereby expressly inviting public commentary and debate as well as implicitly consenting to forum scrutiny of his claims.

As long as you refrain from making any disparaging remarks about him in his business capacity and tailor the free flow of expression to the merits of the car itself then the remarks made are protected and are not actionable.

That being said, my own disclaimer would be that this advice is provided solely for informational purposes and is not intended to induce any forum reader to act in any specific manner.

Bob

Originally posted by kinnsella:
The car is also listed on Autotrader where he claims he is a private seller at $54,800.00

Autotrader was fed that ad from the Atlanta Journal-Constitution where it is listed in the classified section. Since the paper doesn't distinguish dealer ads Autotrader probably just sets the field to "private seller" for all the ads it imports from outside sources like that.

You can find the original ad here http://www.ajcclassifieds.com

In many instances someone who threatens you (i.e. threaten to sue you if you don't keep your mouth shut) to keep you from doing something that is perfectly legal is a form of blackmail and YOU are the one that can seek restraint and recourse. You just can't go around threatening people without merrit - even if it is not physical.

BTW - Great eye Lud - now I am scared for you to look at my car which I still think is "perfect".

smile.gif

Between this thread, the thread in the link above, the thread in General and the thread in the For Sale forum, I think this has to be the "most discussed" NSX to date.

I have a feeling if harrier is able to finally get rid of this car, it won't be long before we see it pop up for sale again.

Taken from nsxsc.com:
1997 NSX MonteCarlo Blue, Hardtop, 6spd, 3.2L engine. ONLY 4K MILES! Production shows only one model like this sold in the U.S. Vin JH4NA2167VT000020
Waiting on new tires before I can submit pictures.

Located in Atlanta.
678 770-7741

Anyone feel like calling the number for kicks and giggles and act like you don't know the history? It might be fun!
smile.gif

Originally posted by dnyhof:
Taken from nsxsc.com:
1997 NSX MonteCarlo Blue, Hardtop, 6spd, 3.2L engine. ONLY 4K MILES! Production shows only one model like this sold in the U.S. Vin JH4NA2167VT000020
Waiting on new tires before I can submit pictures.

Located in Atlanta.
678 770-7741

Anyone feel like calling the number for kicks and giggles and act like you don't know the history? It might be fun!
smile.gif

I already did....He knows nothing about the car except its really clean and very rare..so rare because its not real.

Originally posted by SNDSOUL:
I wonder if this could be the one?

could explain alot
eek.gif

I'm pretty sure this is JH4NA2160VT000019, see the FAQ's

[This message has been edited by NSX Prime (edited 15 January 2003).]

Originally posted by kinnsella:
I'm pretty sure this is JH4NA2160VT000019, see the FAQ's

No it isn't. I am very familiar with that car. VT000019 was not hit on the side. It was hit in the front or rear - I forget which, but that end was replaced, the other end was fine. And unlike harrier's car, VT000019 was repaired to perfection, so that experienced NSX techs examining it couldn't even tell it had been in a collision.

Originally posted by nsxtasy:
No it isn't. I am very familiar with that car. VT000019 was not hit on the side. It was hit in the front or rear - I forget which, but that end was replaced, the other end was fine. And unlike harrier's car, VT000019 was repaired to perfection, so that experienced NSX techs examining it couldn't even tell it had been in a collision.

My bad, you're right, I think its actually JH4NA2163WT000033
http://www.nsxhelp.com/amnsxlit/Ouchies/ouchies.htm

Stop! Enough with the car crashes. I may never take mine out of the garage again.

Thanks for the great detective work guys, I would like to see if there is any interest in logging other known issues with the NSX, mainly to track snap ring failures by milage and VIN. This way for those of us in range, may be able to determine a patern of good and bad trans. Just a thaught.

LUD you the man, keep doing what your doing.

Dave

btw back to the topic. I personally do not thing naplesmotorsports gonna be stupid enough to buy the car as high bidder..

Originally posted by BostonNSX:
I personally do not thing naplesmotorsports gonna be stupid enough to buy the car as high bidder..

Youre right, they retracted their bid because "Seller changed the description of the item" (from convertible to hardtop - HAR!!). Nice escape.

"carsmotorsports" is the new high bidder, at a still shockingly high $45.4K+. Wonder if someone w/ an ebay account could send them an email, it doesnt even have to say anything, just include the 3 or 4 URLs for the discussion in this group. That's not against any sort of rule, is it?

I have an eBay account
btw I cant find your email to talk to you about this pls email me

[email protected]

thanx

Originally posted by Timbo:
Youre right, they retracted their bid because "Seller changed the description of the item" (from convertible to hardtop - HAR!!). Nice escape.

"carsmotorsports" is the new high bidder, at a still shockingly high $45.4K+. Wonder if someone w/ an ebay account could send them an email, it doesnt even have to say anything, just include the 3 or 4 URLs for the discussion in this group. That's not against any sort of rule, is it?

You know what's interesting? The current high bidder on the blue Coupe/Targa is a dealer located in Gainesville GA. Now that's a coincidence!

I have heard that some people actually have multiple eBay accounts (in violation of eBay rules of course) and bid on their own auctions to run the price up. (Can you imagine)

Now of course someone with the integrity and forthright nature of Harrier would never do anything like this. Just thought I'd point out another coincidence in the very small world, either that or Atlanta must be the center of the "Car Universe"!!!

Cheers!

Once upon a time, an ebay seller was allowed to bid on his/her own item once. I don't know if that's still allowed. I think there's a specific term for the practice of creating false personas to jack the price up, though, and it isn't allowed. I don't know whether it's illegal.

-Mike

Originally posted by Paul65K:
I have heard that some people actually have multiple eBay accounts (in violation of eBay rules of course) and bid on their own auctions to run the price up.

eBay allows multiple accounts, just not interaction between them.

Originally posted by grippgoat:
Once upon a time, an ebay seller was allowed to bid on his/her own item once. I don't know if that's still allowed. I think there's a specific term for the practice of creating false personas to jack the price up, though, and it isn't allowed. I don't know whether it's illegal.

It's called shill bidding, and it's not permitted on eBay (for obvious reasons). eBay used to allow sellers to bid on their own items, but no longer.

<font size=1>

[This message has been edited by PHOEN$X (edited 15 January 2003).]

Originally posted by BostonNSX:
I have an eBay account
btw I cant find your email to talk to you about this pls email me

Basically a message could just include the URLs to these discussions:
http://www.nsxprime.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/007578.html http://www.nsxprime.com/ubb/Forum16/HTML/000489.html , etc.

Problem is, as mentioned above the bidders (not to mention "jjperkins") may very well be the seller himself under a different name. And then he'd get your mail, so there may be some hassle there.

The current high bidder has a nice generic car dealer name, a close proximity to Atlanta, and 2 feedbacks for selling old beater cars under $1500 (both w/ good praise). Hmmmmm....

Will be interesting to see how this whole thing plays out.

With regards to Timbo's post. Not only are both dealers in the Atlanta area they are both in Gainsville GA.

It gets curiouser and curiouser!!!

Guys, the random speculation on pictures of crashed NSXs is counter productive. The car in question is 1997 NSX #20.

1997 #19 was hit hard in the rear. It was cut in half behind the B pillars and a new rear was welded on. The repair was done by American Honda as an experiment. It was done very well, but I am certain it can be identified as a crash repair car by someone who knows what they are looking for.

The car pictured above is 1998 #33.

Both of these other cars (1997 #19 and 1998 #33) are already documented here, #33 with pictures http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/Reference/totalledvin.htm

Lud,

Thanks for clarifying with factual data. It's funny, but my first reaction to the photo's of the cars above was "mmm....the roof looks pretty good, why would they replace it, if it truly was that car?"

LarryB

Originally posted by Lud:
It was done very well, but I am certain it can be identified as a crash repair car by someone who knows what they are looking for.

Don't be so sure. Two of the most NSX-experienced NSX service techs in the Midwest, already told of the car's history, examined it high and low and could not find any evidence of the repair. They have identified repair work on other NSXs that was not easily spotted and had fooled two experienced NSX owners.

#19 may be 100% to factory specs, but there is just no way to do that repair and leave asbolutely no trace. Nobody, not even the manufacturer's tech center, can cut and re-weld the body and run the car through a paint booth with no trace of difference from the original.

Back