• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Observations on JH4NA2167VT000020

nsxtacey said:

Is this the same car? The VIN is... but the pics are different.

JH4NA2167VT000020-j-1.jpg

96_3.JPG

JH4NA2167VT000020-q-1.jpg

79_3.JPG

JAM said:
Is this the same car? The VIN is... but the pics are different.

Yes it is the same car. The pictures are different because the ones I marked up were taken roughly 18 months ago. Since then it has been cleaned up considerably and had the missing accessory pieces reinstalled.

nsxtacey said:
Dunno but the buy it now price sure is suspect

The buy-it-now price is low because the current owner is being straight forward about the fact that the car was originally an NSX-T that was rebuilt as a hardtop, and that it has some issues.

Lud said:
The buy-it-now price is low because the current owner is being straight forward about the fact that the car was originally an NSX-T that was rebuilt as a hardtop, and that it has some issues.

"My dazzling 1997 NSX-T was converted to a Hardtop by a previous owner. The vehicle has a Clear Florida Title, (Not Salvage or Rebuilder) and a Clean CarFax"

I think he's trying to mislead by saying clean carfax though.

nsxtacey said:
I think he's trying to mislead by saying clean carfax though.

I think it's just typical car sales talk which is a pretty gray area most of the time, but you are certainly entitled to disagree. Maybe it's just because I am so cynical that I ignore everything people say about cars they are selling anyway and rely soley on inspections. ;)

Though I will say that at least this seller is stating the car was converted to a hard top, unlike the last seller who misrepresented it as a factory coupe despite knowing otherwise. :mad:

P.S. I have absolutely no interest in the sale of the car and have no relation to the seller, I simply knew it was going to be listed because the seller told me via e-mail earlier this week.

Also upfront about the paint "quality"

For such a "low" mileage car, it seems to have a lot of "issues", if the price is too good to be true, is it truly a "good" buy, or goodbye!!!;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

nsxtacey said:

I believe is the same car. I talked to the seller from ebay couple month ago. He was pretty straight forward about the car.
From what he had told me:
-car was repainted
-car was involved in some kind of accident (seller claim he does not have information about the accident or repair)
-the car was originally targa but for some reason changed to hardtop after accident
-had own the car for couple years
-did not drive much due to health problem
Was going to put down deposit but someone beat me to it! After the car was sold from ebay the car came up on autotrader for higher price (7K).

I think a few of locals should go and check out this car. I'm going to give them a call.

1st & Foremost I want to Thank ALL of YOU & especially LUD on NSXPRIME.COM. I'm in the Market looking for a 1997-2004 Blue NSX-T actually with Camel/Tan interior. When i saw this 1997 BLUE NSX COUPE with only 7826 miles in Autotrader for $44,900(reduced down to $41,900). I called out to Chariots of Palm Beach & asked questions about it before i flew out to Florida to see & buy this car. I asked if the car had been in an accident & was told NO, but was told it had been keyed on the Driver's & Passenger's door & the rear quarter panel by the previous owner's girlfriend, so it was sent to their bodyshop to get repainted & buffed. But after reading all this info on JH4NA2167VT000020. I will just save my $$ & will think about buying/leasing a NEW 1. If you know of anybody with a 1997-2004 BLUE NSX-T 6-SPD with Camel/Tan interior & low mileage, please let me know. I'm in California.

While it is obvious that the car has a history, has anyone inspected to see if the quality of the repairs is decent? The value is obviously shot based on the goofy roof issues, etc, but if it was put back together OK it might be a decent driver. If it's a car with ongoing headaches it wouldn't be worth it, but if the only things against it are the things that aren't "right" then it could be a way for somebody to get into a late model cheaper than they otherwise could.

If it was this car vs. a clean '91 for the same price, it'd be hard to ignore the low mileage 3.2, the 6 speed, and the beautiful blue paint just to get a clean history. If this car was listed with an honest history at $25K, would it be getting as much critisism?

"Don't wait around, this car won't last at this price!!"

I Think you will have plenty of time.

"You won't find a nicer colored car"

You will likely find thousands of nicer cars, but not nicer colored cars. The color is the only thing that really matters in a car isn't it?

Has anybody called this dealer and let him know about this wreck??? or e-mailed him this thread??? :biggrin: He "hand picked it" :redface:

Why Buy From Me?
Our story is simple really. I, Ryan Garnett, and my wife, Claudia, own and operate Garnett Motorcars. We take pride in offering the nicest vehicles available. I hand pick each and every vehicle I offer for sale. When you are looking at a vehicle I have for sale here, you can rest assure that you will be 100% satisfied with your purchase.

It's also disturbing that whatever happened to this car first, never went through any insurance companies. Someone has paid for all of this lovely work in cash. :smile:

Back