• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

odometer may not be actual??

odometer may not be actual??

I have questions to those who might know more about this cars..

I'm currently looking to buy an NSX and one I ran across has this on the title."Odometer May Not Be Actural". I'm little worried about it.. And wondering how someone could acquire title that says, "Odometer May Not Be Actural"..
The owner told me that when he bought the car from the dealer, the dealer told him that the previous owner changed out the speed odometer face. And due to PA regulations, the car now must have this title.. Is this true or am I just getting some run around??
The car seems to be in great condition.. and definitely a good deal.. possibly due to the title.. the owner even admitted that he also got a great deal and getting rid of it because of purchase of new car (BMW 7.40). He owned for 2 years and only problem he had was the ABS..

If anyone has opinions, please don't hestitate to post them.. I'm looking for any help!

Thank you!

Herblenny

The only advice I can give you is to just be very careful. Also, keep in mind that the actual condition of the car is the real issue, not the number on the odometer. Have a dealer or mechanic (not the one you are buying from) really go over the car for you (leakdown, etc.) and if it is in good shape it is in good shape. Even if you spend a couple of hundred for a thorough checkout (should not be this mutch) it is well worth it.

Herblenny,

This is sounding a little strange to me. Did you run a CARFAX?? If not, I would ASAP. I also would check on this theoretical "regulation", should be a phone call to DMV in PA. Maybe check with your local police about it. This line of "the last owner said this and that" is usually a way for the current seller to divert liability, in the event he is not being straight up with you and you find out.

Frankly, I am not really a very suspicious persdon, but this is just not sitting right with me. CHECK IT OUT CAREFULLY!! Remember, there are many NSX's out there, you get what you pay for.

Good Luck,
HTH,
LarryB

Herblenny

Is this NSX at a dealer ship in PA? When I was looking for my NSX I ran across one in PA at a dealership and they ended up telling me a similar story after I said I was going to run a car fax on the car. I live in VA about 6 hours from the dealership so I wanted to check it out as much as posssible. Turned out the car had a salvage title and a brief history of 3 owners after that. I wonder if it is the same car. If you can, run the car fax report and like the other guys said have the car checked out by someone you trust.

the only other thing would be asking yourself how long you plan on keeping the car. if you plan to hold and the car checks out, this is no big deal. however, if you plan to sell it prospective buyers are going to be as cautious as you and it would probably effect resale value.

------------------
Justin
'98 NSX-T Blk/Blk
o Comptech headers / exhaust / airbox
o Koni adjustable suspension w/Comptech springs
o Volk TE-37 17/18” wheels

hi,

Thanks for your info.. I was wondering when you looked at this car in PA... I believe the seller told me that it was purchased in Philly.. around 1998 or 1999, from a dealer... Its 1992 model and color is blk on blk..
I'm curious if its the same car.. I don't have the vin number , but going to get it as soon as possible.. I'm currently on my vacation and would be able to see the car until next weekend..
If you could reply and let me know if it sounds similar or not.. I would greatly appreciated.

Thank You!!

Back