• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

OEM bra installation?

This may seem like a stupid question but.... I did a search and didn't turn much up. Those of you who have used that black OEM bra with the NSX logo in front..... How do you install it? Obviously the hooks go around certain body panels. The part I am confused about is the snaps on the sides that would fit into something in or around the fender? I'm wondering if I am missing hardware or what. Something needs to be in that area to keep it tight around the front turn signals. I bought my 91 and the bra was included but never installed. I'm about to make a long trip and want the highway protection!

-Alec

there are some snaps clips that screw into the fender liner. most of the time people sell the bra but are lazy and dont take the snaps off to sell with the car.

it takes a few seconds to take them off but that a few seconds to much work LOL.

now I have used a wood screw to mount mine since one of my snaps in the fender liner broke off. just screw thru the leather into the rubber fender liner and you cant even tell its there.

they claim acura sells them during the sale of the BRA but they dont. if you dont want to use the wood screw trick then the bra is useless.

just like the oem security brain without the harness. sure they sell the brain and fobs, but if your car doesnt have the harness its a paper weight.
they dont sell the harness anymore.

Thanks guys. I knew there had to be something missing. I'm still debating if I even want to use it or not but 700 miles is a long way on the highway without some kind of protection on the front end.

-Alec

Alec, glad to see another NC NSX owner. You will want to connect with Darrin P who also lives in New Bern. He has a beautifully modified, custom painted 'cherry coke' NSX. His prime ID is "xory72".

Also, you'll want to attend NSXPO 2013 here in Raleigh in October. Welcome.

John Komar - Co-Chair NSXPO 2013

Thanks guys. I knew there had to be something missing. I'm still debating if I even want to use it or not but 700 miles is a long way on the highway without some kind of protection on the front end.

-Alec

Most of the time the bras do more damage then good. Especially if it traps dirt. I would use painters tape if your that concerned about it.

You can order red tape if you don't want the standard blue. I have a few rolls of black painters tape just for this reason.

Last edited:
I think that the bra is a good thing for long road trips. Do not leave it on all the time. Be sure that there is a good coat of wax beneath it, remove it when it is not needed, and do not use it in the rain. It's a great, tight fit.
The small hardware kit for mounting it is the only inexpensive part you will ever buy for this car. Get two. Sometimes the crushable, rubber expansion plugs that secure the snaps pull out and they are not reuseable.

for a first timer using the bra can be daunting.It gets easier as the bra gets used more by stretching alittle.I snap one side fender snap which you are missing then work my way to the other side trying to stretch each hook as far as it will go to atach to something .The hooks that go where the euro foglights would go are tough to find a spot.after the the opposite fender snap is done..pita....then I use the final stretch hooks for the spoiler edges in front of the tire.

This Thread is Worthless Without Pictures!!!

If you followed Nsxter's link you would have come to this!

<legend style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-size: 12px; background-color: rgb(236, 236, 236);">
paperclip.png
Attached Images</legend>

91 NSX Red/Black
09 VW Jetta TDI White

I ordered the hardware from Acura of Augusta. I should have it in a few days. Glad ill at least have a little protection for my first 1,500mile round trip.

-Alec

Yep, those tabs on the side tuck in between the black plastic fender liner and the body. It doesn't seem right the first time since it is so tight (that's what she said), but it all works out once she loosens up. lol.

I definitely recommend a bra for a long trip like that. Painters tape won't cut it unless you put on multiple layers. You not only need to cover the surface, but provide some shock absorption. A rock can still chip/damage the underlying paint through a thin layer of tape.

The leather/vinyl bra certainly looks ugly, but it does its job, and does it WELL.

Back