• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

OEM NSX-R Seats in Black

Received the rails and seat belt receivers today... Still missing the power slide switch control.

A couple of issues to resolve since all this stuff is for a RHD car...
1) Left-hand seat belt receiver is plain and the right-hand receiver has the electrical connection for the seat belt warning. That's easy enough to resolve because thay can be swapped to the other side.
But 2) the driver's seat harness is made to just fit the right-hand side. (See bottom photo with red circles.) I will have to open up the loom and re-route the connectors.
Plus, 3) the slider switch connector is on the wrong side. I will modify the loom for that also.

Rail parts:

rail_parts_800.jpg

Rail installed:

nsx-r_seats_015_800.jpg

Here is the harness and seat belt receiver set for USDM arrangement. Notice the seat belt receiver connector (red circle) and the power slide switch connector (blue circle) are on the wrong sides:

nsx-r_seats_016_800.jpg

when I fitted type R seats into my previous NSX (93 sebring) we had a lot of trouble with the power connections since the pin layout is different for the Type-R, dont know if you will have this issue or not but thought that I would mention it. My seats were from a 95 type-R, these look like they are from a 2002+ -R so maybe same pin layout?

Beautiful seats!
//Kye

Nice! They finally came in. You still have a few hours 'till the Valencia Meet to have it all squared away. :biggrin:

when I fitted type R seats into my previous NSX (93 sebring) we had a lot of trouble with the power connections since the pin layout is different for the Type-R, dont know if you will have this issue or not but thought that I would mention it. My seats were from a 95 type-R, these look like they are from a 2002+ -R so maybe same pin layout?

Beautiful seats!
//Kye

the passenger and driver plugs on the floor for the power rails are different.
you can just undo them/dismantle, and switch sides.

I installed the seats last night... and since I didn't have the power switches, I plugged the RHD power harness into my LHD power connector, shorted the correct pins, and slid the seat to the proper driving position. So, from what you guys say, that connector issue was with the earlier models. At some point they must have changed it. When I examined the left and right power connectors on the two harnesses, they were identical except for the extra two contacts for the seat belt warning on the drivers harness.

Steve

Let us know if you gain any headroom.

No gain in head-room. I measured the stock driver's seat from the lowest point of the seat pad to the ceiling above the head and measured 35.5 inches. I performed the same measurement with the NSX-R seat and came up with 35.4 inches.

No gain in head-room. I measured the stock driver's seat from the lowest point of the seat pad to the ceiling above the head and measured 35.5 inches. I performed the same measurement with the NSX-R seat and came up with 35.4 inches.

Thanks for remembering to check. :smile:

So I can grow my hair out 0.1 inches longer?

Steve,
Congrats on a VERY VERY BIG PURCHASE $$,$$$ :wink:
You must come to the next SCA meet but you must use plastic food wrap and cover them throughly to prevent us drooling on them!!!

You Asians guys would know what I'm talking about!

sat in those seats tonight.

very comfy and lots of room in the hip section.

the angle of the backing is perfect support and not excessively upright.

very nice.

thx Steve !

happy motoring.

Rob

:smile:

Went for a ride with Steve last night. Those seats are a perfect fit for me, with my build (5'7, 155 lbs). You definitely feel snug and secure in them, a more direct feel with the car. Especially when the rear tires break loose...:biggrin: ... you feel confident in staying in control :wink:

Nice purchase Steve :cool: This puts you up in "rare-air" status :cool:

Went for a ride with Steve last night. Those seats are a perfect fit for me, with my build (5'7, 155 lbs). You definitely feel snug and secure in them, a more direct feel with the car. Especially when the rear tires break loose...:biggrin: ... you feel confident in staying in control :wink:

Nice purchase Steve :cool: This puts you up in "rare-air" status :cool:

i didnt get no ride :mad:

jk. :biggrin:

real nice and comfy.

HOLY SMOKES! :eek: Geez...I'm off the forums for a little while and I see that Steve's Gone Wild! Congrats buddy, hope to see you next Thursday.

Hi Jose, I plan on being at SCA next Thursday. Hope to see all the OC crew... it's been a while. It will be good seeing everyone again.

Nice seats Steve !
I should have ditched work last night to go to the Valencia meet
to check out your new suspension and seats and of course to see all
the nice people again.
We're practically next door neighbors, I need a demo ride this weekend!
Perry

Hi Jose, I plan on being at SCA next Thursday. Hope to see all the OC crew... it's been a while. It will be good seeing everyone again.

Very well I will see you then.

Perhaps I should stop by DownForce and pick up some new goodies. :wink:

Anyways, happy to see your progress. Your baby is looking great!

Took a few photos of the seats this morning while at Cars & Coffee. The lighting was not great as it was overcast... but you get the idea.

I must really be getting used to these new seats, because when I left the meet today, I can't recall at time that I've ever felt being so in touch with the car. I like them...

nsx-r_seats_018_800.jpg

nsx-r_seats_019_800.jpg

nsx-r_seats_020_800.jpg

Back