• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

OEM NSX-R Seats in Black

you should convert that red button to a nos button :tongue:

whats it hooked up to right now?

I assume you're talking about the red button(s) on the sterring column.

They're for the Cruise Control...

momo_off_center_a.jpg

Yes! I believe you're the one who noticed it first. And you described it so well...

Went for a ride with Steve last night. Those seats are a perfect fit for me, with my build (5'7, 155 lbs). You definitely feel snug and secure in them, a more direct feel with the car. Especially when the rear tires break loose...:biggrin: ... you feel confident in staying in control :wink:

I was literally the last person to leave PAG, and there were zero cars on any of those big, wide streets around that area. I pulled out with a little more spirit than I usually drive... and the sensation of being "as one" with the car was simply amazing.

It's like the seats were magnifying the combined power and handling of the Comptech supercharger and the JRZ suspension. I have never driven a car with so much feedback.

How big of a person can comfortably fit in these seats?

They really are gorgeous, but I am afraid I may be at bit too big at 6' & 36" waist. Thoughts?

Yes! I believe you're the one who noticed it first. And you described it so well...

I was literally the last person to leave PAG, and there were zero cars on any of those big, wide streets around that area. I pulled out with a little more spirit than I usually drive... and the sensation of being "as one" with the car was simply amazing.

It's like the seats were magnifying the combined power and handling of the Comptech supercharger and the JRZ suspension. I have never driven a car with so much feedback.

Just imagine if I was driving....I could've written an entire article of my impression behind the wheel....next time....right? :tongue: :biggrin:

How big of a person can comfortably fit in these seats?

They really are gorgeous, but I am afraid I may be at bit too big at 6' & 36" waist. Thoughts?

I could see where someone your size might think they are a bit snug...

Tom (socalx) has a set of these seats and he's a good size guy. Maybe he can add his input.

yes .. I'm 6 foot and 36" waist and they fit perfect.

they really are comfortable and as steve says make you fell a lot more input and at one with the car.

good luck
tom

Cool, thanks guys. Something else to put on the wish list. Maybe a little incentive to get back to a 34 as long as I am at it, eh?

Finally received the power slide switch controls.

As soon as I get the correct mounting hardware, I will rework the electrical harness and install everything for the final time. I will take lots of photos and explain the RHD to LHD differences for this particular setup.

nsx-r_seats_021_800.jpg

As soon as I get the correct mounting hardware, I will rework the electrical harness and install everything for the final time. I will take lots of photos and explain the RHD to LHD differences for this particular setup.

nsx-r_seats_021_800.jpg

cool switches. i wonder how they mount and where.

looking forward to those pictures Steve.:smile:

nsx-r_seats_021_800.jpg

are these the oem switches that come with the nsx-r seat rail?

Wow. They look awesome! Congrats. Last I recall they were like $8,000 for the pair!:eek:

I could be wrong though..

Wow. They look awesome! Congrats. Last I recall they were like $8,000 for the pair!:eek:

I could be wrong though..

SOS has them for $8340.00 of each seat and $1154.00 for the powered sliding seat rail each. For the set it would be $18,988.00 + shipping from SOS.

I guess I won't be able to get real NSX-R seats.

SOS has them for $8340.00 of each seat and $1154.00 for the powered sliding seat rail each. For the set it would be $18,988.00 + shipping from SOS.

That's just unbelievable. Every time I see the price on those seats I feel pain in my groin. I can't imagine it would cost even close to that much to get "knockoffs" directly from Recaro or a very similar model they offer. That's a lot of money to pay for authenticity. :eek:

Since several folks here have actually ponied up serious cash for these, sometimes with nothing to show for it (sorry Vance) perhaps someone could explain why there aren't any alternatives like just about any other outrageously priced car part. Seriously, the price on these Type-R seats borders on criminal.

Last edited:

WOwzers! That's almost 32% of the cost of a NA2 +02 NSX!!! (using 60K as an example).

I'd rather save for a +02 NSX...hehe.

WOwzers! That's almost 32% of the cost of a NA2 +02 NSX!!! (using 60K as an example).

I'd rather save for a +02 NSX...hehe.

I recall someone long ago did a breakdown on the sum of all the parts of a Type-R and it was well into the $200K range, around $250-275K if I recall.

Aside from the seats the hood alone is about $9K. And don't even ask about the guage cluster...that's so insanely expensive Vance put forth tremendous effort to replicate it. As I mentioned above I wonder why no such effort has been put forth on the seats. Seems to me that would be a much more cost-effective project than the guage cluster.

Since several folks here have actually ponied up serious cash for these, sometimes with nothing to show for it (sorry Vance) perhaps someone could explain why there aren't any alternatives like just about any other outrageously priced car part. Seriously, the price on these Type-R seats borders on criminal.

Dude, which JDM NSX-R Parts are not criminally priced!!!
Hood-$10k
Spoiler-$6.5k
Suspension-$3.5k
GCS-$4k
Seat Railes-$2.5k
NSX-R Floor mats-$750

Put it into perspective, if it make sense, it's worth the moola:smile:

A honest personal opinion, I believe if both Tom and Steve didn't get to test my seats, they probably wouldn't have dropped the bomb. Until last year, NSX-R seats were a mystery to us on this side of the world. You do have to sit in these seats to understand how special they are.

A trivial fact. If you live in Japan, and want to order a pair of OEM aluminum framed leather seat, it is similarly priced as the R seats. The fact that Honda is charging more for products sold there is just one reason why JDM after market parts are twice the USDM pricing. But all of us who have purchased stuff from Japan knows where the $$ went.

Dude, which JDM NSX-R Parts are not criminally priced!!!
Hood-$10k
Spoiler-$6.5k
Suspension-$3.5k
GCS-$4k
Seat Railes-$2.5k
NSX-R Floor mats-$750

Put it into perspective, if it make sense, it's worth the moola:smile:

A honest personal opinion, I believe if both Tom and Steve didn't get to test my seats, they probably wouldn't have dropped the bomb. Until last year, NSX-R seats were a mystery to us on this side of the world. You do have to sit in these seats to understand how special they are.

A trivial fact. If you live in Japan, and want to order a pair of OEM aluminum framed leather seat, it is similarly priced as the R seats. The fact that Honda is charging more for products sold there is just one reason why JDM after market parts are twice the USDM pricing. But all of us who have purchased stuff from Japan knows where the $$ went.

Oh, I know that's what those parts sell for and obviously free market forces are at work both here and there. I'm just pointing out that the price is so high the motivation would be high to create alternatives. The suspension for $3.5K is much more reasonable and relative than the seats for $19K. That spoiler at $6.5K might be the biggest ripoff on the whole car. I really feel like I just got kicked in the nuts just thinking about that one.

The way you describe sitting those seats is quite amusing though. :smile: For 19K I can tell you that I would need those seats to feel really good, and be stain resistant if you know what I mean. Apparently I need to take one of the famous Vance rides. Did you actually get the seats finally BTW?

Honestly, Recaro doesn't offer anything comparable for less cost? Couldn't you get custom-fitted Recaro seats for less than that? I mean come on.

Oh, I know that's what those parts sell for and obviously free market forces are at work both here and there. I'm just pointing out that the price is so high the motivation would be high to create alternatives. The suspension for $3.5K is much more reasonable and relative than the seats for $19K. That spoiler at $6.5K might be the biggest ripoff on the whole car. I really feel like I just got kicked in the nuts just thinking about that one.

The way you describe sitting those seats is quite amusing though. :smile: For 19K I can tell you that I would need those seats to feel really good, and be stain resistant if you know what I mean.

Honestly, Recaro doesn't offer anything comparable for less cost? Couldn't you get custom-fitted Recaro seats for less than that? I mean come on.
Nothing out there is compareable to the NSX-R seats. Those seats are so special that it is a shame Honda didn't offer them on the Zanardi edition even though the JDM counterpart Type S had them. That's how much Honda value those seats for the JDM market. These racing buckets are so comfortable that it is better than the OEM seats. And remarkably, each one only weights some thing like 8 lbs without the rails; you can pick it up by using your pinky. AND they are easy to get in and out. ALL OTHER racing buckets, it is a work out just to get in and out of the car.

Regardless, you have to sit in those to believe it.

Japanese people are used to paying high price of car parts; that is just the way they do things. We are spoiled by the fact that the US market is so competitive that they are giving parts away. An stock NSX parts sold through the US dealer is half the price for the same part you can buy them in Japan.

Replica Options

As far as I know the nearest Recaro option is the Pole Position http://www.capitalseating.co.uk/productdetail.asp?pid=207&type=s&appgrpid=14&appid=62&rid
I believe that Honda took the original seat moulds back from Recaro to ensure that exact replicas or further OEM's were not manufactured.

Does anyone know if the OEM covers would fit the PP's? This might be a cost effective way of getting the look of OEM. The other thing is that the PP's are not the same shell construction. I guess Kane or someone might be able to wrap them? If both these are possible then you cold have yourself a pair of replica seats, with the assurance of Recaro safety for a lot less $$$$.

The other option would be to talk to Frank (Pearl NSX-R replica) as he has the Kite replicas IIRC with OEM covers. I dont know what the shell is like.

Just my thoughts .....

regards, Paul

Back