• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

OEM Steering wheel weight

MvM

Legendary Member
Last week there was a nice thread here on Prime with pictures of a NSX with a Momo Millenium steering wheel. It has made me seriously thinking about replacing the OEM steering wheel airbag with this particular one. I have to see (and feel) one live first though.
Thinking about this, I was wondering just how much the OEM steering wheel weighs and how much an aftermarket steering wheel weighs. Also, what would be the difference in steering feel be other than the physical feel of the wheel itself.

I've just weighed the OEM steering wheel at 10 lbs. Unfortuantely, I don't have an aftermarket steering wheel to compare with.

If memory serves, you save 6 pounds. As far as feel, it feels lighter with less intertia(a good thing). Kickbacks will be less damped. To me, it's like the difference between a world class sports car and a cavalier. The list do-gooders will be after you!

Hey, I've just replaced my OEM wheel with a Momo Tuner 350mm Black/Red. The feel and feedback you get are fantastic. This is one of the best mods I have done so far for the money. You'll have to make a personal choice with regards to losing the airbag but I would highly recommend it. I guarantee that it will totally change the way your car feels for the better.

Back