• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Official group buy: Tommy Kaira gurney flap for R spoiler replicas

I'm modifying my gurney to fit the vis wing. I really don't feel like spending more money on a DF wing right now and also this allows me to place the gurney at a bit higher angle.

Should be done at the body shop this week. Il post pics soon

I'm modifying my gurney to fit the vis wing. I really don't feel like spending more money on a DF wing right now and also this allows me to place the gurney at a bit higher angle.

Should be done at the body shop this week. Il post pics soon

How much did the body work cost you?

Received mine today. Did a test fit on my downforce wing and it doesn't exactly fit. Will need some work to make fit. It will also need some cosmetic work as mine has some nicks and deep gauges in it. It's okay but I was hoping for better . Thanks Dave for putting this together . Now time to sand. Can anyone recommend the proper grit for frp. The sides do not fit and the centre is high. Hopefully once the sides fit and the double sided tape secures it will bring the centre down. Cheers all.

Dave, hi. I asked for an update in December, havent heard anything. When do you think i will recieve my part? Thanks, Frank

Frank please check your PM.

Received mine today. Did a test fit on my downforce wing and it doesn't exactly fit. Will need some work to make fit. It will also need some cosmetic work as mine has some nicks and deep gauges in it. It's okay but I was hoping for better . Thanks Dave for putting this together . Now time to sand. Can anyone recommend the proper grit for frp. The sides do not fit and the centre is high. Hopefully once the sides fit and the double sided tape secures it will bring the centre down. Cheers all.

Yes that is exactly what happens. Its a tiny amount of sanding on the sides and the center settles.

Any more installed photos? Anyone gone for CF or are they all being painted?

Mine had to be sanded quite a bit to get it to fit on my dfr wing.

B@t

how much 2 sided tape did you use on the front to bring it down. Actually how much 2 sided tape did you use all around. I sanded mine a fair bit as well. Be careful with the up edges as it is thin frp. I went through and now need to fill.

Great product and looks good. Onto filling, primer and then the paint shop. Should have installed by March.

get better man. glad to see you back.

Hey guys, I am back, I haven't even had a chance to read this whole thread or go through all my PM's. I can't apologize to you all enough. Let me say that everyone's spoilers have been shipped out. I came back from a trip and got a really nasty flu from the plane or something and it got so bad it put me in the hospital several times. Problem was confounded when the hospital messed up and put me on the wrong antibiotics and several other medicines that made me much worse than when I actually went in. I have had countless visits to the doctor and to the hospital since, my work has near fallen apart, it's just been a nightmare. Please rest assured I am here and I would never leave anyone hanging, I paid out of pocket to get everything shipped out. Now please be patient with me as I go through my PM's and this thread. I will make everything right I promise. I just never expected to be in this position.

I have limited time still because of work but I will be on here everyday now.

I received mine. Thanks Dave!
Did a quick fitment check on my Route KS NSX-R wing and no modifications needed here, it fits perfectly!
Guess it pays to have a replica molded from a geniune NSX-R wing!

Yup for sure. I'll be going down to the body shop tomorrow most likely to pick it up. I'll post pics once I have it here at the house.

Finally picked up the wing from body shop. I'm so happy with the results! Considering how bad the wing fit on the VIS wing I think they did an amazing job. It actually sits at a slightly higher angle compared to how it's supposed to fit on a downforce wing but I really like it this way. Adds a bit more to the aggressiveness of it.

ju6ebehe.jpg

pa7u2a4a.jpg

une5u2an.jpg

se3uvugu.jpg

Finally picked up the wing from body shop. I'm so happy with the results! Considering how bad the wing fit on the VIS wing I think they did an amazing job. It actually sits at a slightly higher angle compared to how it's supposed to fit on a downforce wing but I really like it this way. Adds a bit more to the aggressiveness of it.

une5u2an.jpg

It looks really good, color combo works well, should have mine soon once customs have been paid their $$$'s !!

Not quite understanding this part. It's a wing on top of a wing????? reminds me of a car I saw on the road that had a wing made out of 2x4, 2 levels, bolted on to the trunk.

It's not that, I'm trying to get my head around it. It's like a wing on top of a wing that you just put on that's bigger than the stock wing. Might not be so bad if it was all one piece???? Kind a weird looking.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe someone could come up with another wing to go on top of that? This could go on. And on.

Back